02/16/2018 - Donuts and grey skies

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Such a strange sight here, the 3rd morning in a row of grey skies. Yes, it is winter and yes, you all have cold temps to deal with, but it is something different for us.

Muzz - glad to hear opening night went well.

I helped my sister mow her lawn last weekend. I have rocks/gravel so it was "fun" to help. She has a push mower and the grass was pretty high, so it was a bit tougher than I'd have really liked.

Big weekend planned with designing the back yard!!!

Happy Friday.

Good morning.....yesterday we had sunshine, turning into grey skies in afternoon, but temp was 25 in a.m. up to 34 in afternoon. And then the descent, lol. This a.m. it was 3 below zero, has climbed to 5, but the sun is shining. Yesterday, very windy,still is, but not as bad so far.

Our WalMart store is still undergoing it's "redecorating" or whatever they call it, and I saw the new area created for picking up of online orders. Am guessing that is what is going on in squirrelly's store, as WalMart is setting up "waiting area" with comfy chairs, etc. However, supposedly, you can order online, and when you go to the store, the item(s) will be waiting for you, right in that one place, No need for carts, or whatever.

Into Lent now, so back to meatless Fridays, which doesn't set well with hubby. Oh, well. Got some reports done, mailed, and now to the taxes, and some bill paying.

Take care, have a good one. Robin, my niece is spending a month down in southern Texas, actually on Corpus Christie..and has been bemoaning the unusual winds and cloudy days. And my Houston daughter said yesterday that after several days, they finally got the sun......so "unusual" weather everywhere, for sure.

Oh Noel - I love the smell of freshly cut grass. I remember when we used to fly into AZ to see my parents (snowbirds) and the first thing I smelled was freshly cut grass. I'm so glad you're getting a little grey skies and also a little rain! Happy mama!

Poirot - I don't know how you do it. You never really get a warm break. Your break is to be above zero!

It's really cold and windy here today. 55 - 60 mile an hour winds. With all this snow on the ground, it really makes it a bitter cold.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. We are hankering down for another round of snow and really windy on Sunday.

Good afternoon everyone.

It has taken a turn back below freezing here, too. After all of the heavy rain last night, my old coal cellar had an inch of water, but that is too low to run the pumps. By 3:00 this afternoon, there was only a 1/4 inch of it so no need to worry until the rains return next week.

Since I didn't go back to bed after 5:00 am meds, I started some cleaning a day early. My bathroom is now sparkling clean along with the floors in the kitchen and hall. That's a little less to do tomorrow.

Finally started my taxes while watching Days, but in reverse this time. Local was first, then state. I still have to do the federal one, but keep putting it off. I got a nice raise and an even nicer (2) bonuses last year which put me out of range for a free filing through my usual company. I sure hate to pay to download the program. even though it is only $15. I know I can use other ones for free, but I like how this one automatically imports last year's info. Oh well, I've given myself until 8:00 am tomorrow morning to decide which company to use, and tomorrow at 5:00 pm to have federal done. (I usually do them the first weekend in February so I'm already late.)

robinsnest - Have fun designing the backyard changes.

Poirot - I hope my WalMart moves the order pickup area to the front of the store. It has always been in the back corner of the store.

Shanrick - That wind sounds bone chilling. I'm getting cold just thinking about it.

Happy Friday evening,

And apologies for being so late to the chat. A super busy but good day made better by cloudy skies and cool temps!

Tonight we are meeting my sister's family, and friends, for dinner. Then we are going to see Black Panther. As you know, I'm a Marvel gal and loved that hero comic book.

Wishing all of you a nice Friday night.

What a difference a day makes. It's been cloudy, damp and in the low 40s today.
I did
my Sat errands today so I'm extra confused what day it is. If no bad weather
in the AM, I'll go back to the public library and put up books that were turned
in today.

Poirot, my Walmart started a reset two weeks ago on the non food side.
One thing they are doing is putting in new floors on that side. They also have
signs about what to look forward to. Pick up in my store in front.

robin, enjoy your weather.

rs, good luck on getting your taxes done. I'm still waiting on IRS to mail
me forms.

I hope everyone has a good evening and nice weekend.

Back