1-16-2017 - Donuts and hot tea

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Morning all.

I get to work today while 99% of the school districts I support have the day off. A good day to get caught up on things that need to be done without those pesky reset passwords, or fix the spinning thingies.

Cloudy morning here but the weather guessers promise it will burn off and be a nice day. Doesn't matter, as I get to work anyway.

I hope the latest winter blast has subsided and everyone has a great day.

Good Monday Morning,

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. holiday! I honor his strength, character, brotherhood and love for all people! His legacy will live for eternity. One of my favorite quotes: "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." MLK

This morning I awoke at 4:59am. I have no idea why. It is more quiet due to the holiday and should have been a perfect time to sleep late. So I'll laze around for a while and then take a morning nap. I feel so much better! And of course the family will return this evening and we'll have a fun dinner.

The weather channel shows less storm damage but still isolated areas are blocked by snow and ice. Please be extra careful today.

Robin: I relate to working when the rest of the country is celebrating some holiday. With the phones not ringing you will definitely accomplish a great deal and that makes your job easier tomorrow. Still, hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable evening after work.:)

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Cold and damp this morning. We have a freezing rain warning in effect for later today, that should make driving home from work fun today.

We took Gena in to have professional pictures done yesterday. It's so hard to pick just one for the package (we had a coupon) when they take 59 pictures, and probably 55 of them were beautiful. The first few she was not into it at all and one she had her eyes closed. The rest were great.

Robin - enjoy your "quiet" day at work.

Noel - Enjoy your nap, I love them on the rare occasion that I get one.

Have a great day everyone!

Manda: stay safe on the roads to/from work in those wet conditions. I imagine Gena took beautiful pictures because the ones you post she is so photogenic! We used to take a picture of the professional pictures, the ones we couldn't afford to indulge in, and that way we had a memory! Make it a great Monday.:)

Last edited:
Good morning. Manda, I remember those days of trying to pick out the best pictures. Such a special time. I know you will enjoy whichever ones you pick out. I hope the roadways have been treated by the time you start home.

Noel, it's so good to hear you are feeling better. It was probably a good idea for your family to get away. It will be a blessing if they all avoid catching what you've had. Hope you get that morning nap. I'm thinking of one myself. I like your new avatar.

Robin, enjoy your slower pace today, if you can. It always makes me smile to hear of your "spinning thingies." I think I know what you are talking about. I get them sometimes and they make me want to destroy something.

We've got some fog but will be sunny later, and up to 58*. Not sure what I'm going to do. Will have to feed cows today or tomorrow and go to town the other day. Have to get CDs from the hospital of my two x-rays and one MRI to take to the orthopedic doctor on Wednesday. On the other hand, the way my head feels, I may not do anything today.

Here's the picture we ordered. I'll be getting a free desk calendar that will have 12 of the pictures on it. Normally I can see most of the pictures on the studios website, but this time they only loaded 3 of them. I may call later when they open to find out what happened to the rest.

OC - hope your head feels better soon so you can get your tasks completed.

Attachments

• Gena chair 1-15-17.jpg
    Gena chair 1-15-17.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 14
Morning all......Wacky weather continues...it was 3 above at 7 a.m., is now 15, the sun is shining, and will be getting up to near 30. (Sat. it was 24 below! So now we are going into a real warming trend, for the next 10 days or so! Amazing....guess it is the "January thaw", as we are to get into the 40s for several days, rain, before that maybe some snow. I don't mind the warming trend......but it does mean melting, and rain means, yep, ice.

Also, when it gets warming in a colder climate, all those nasty bug germs get pretty prolific.

Stay safe, all. Enjoy the holiday.....Like Robin, no holiday for me, got more work that I can handle currently. ....

Good morning everyone.

I finally took down my Christmas tree yesterday, and started putting my living room back together. I still have to rehang a few pictures, run the sweeper, and dust. I just don't feel like it so those chores will wait.

OC - My chores can wait, but I know your girls still need fed. You're amazing with all you do. I can't even imagine running the ranch while taking care of your husband. Each in itself is a full time job.

Amanda - What a lovely picture of our beautiful Gena!

robinsnest - I hope the phones don't ring so you can get all of the other things done.

Noel - a nap sounds pretty good to me, too, after staying up to watch the Steelers win.

Poirot - It'll be warmer here tomorrow with more rain. I'd rather have the cold and snow.

Hi everyone!

It's 42 right now with the occasional rain shower. This lovely weather has caused my sinuses to act up today. Thankfully I'm off today so I can medicate myself and rest.

Noel, I hope your road to recovery continues.

robin, I hope your work day continues to be a peaceful one.

Poirot, enjoy those warmer temperatures.

manda, Gena is adorable. Love the picture. Be safe with that freezing rain.

OC, there's always tomorrow.

rs, the post-Christmas clean always seems to be never ending.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Thanks everyone, I think she's pretty special too. :)

Poirot - hope the rain we're expecting here misses you. Good luck with all your busy stuff today.

Red - feel better, sinus problems are a bummer.

RS- congrats on getting the Christmas stuff down. I think we're ready to pack the boxes away now that the tree skirt is washed. So much work and not nearly as fun as setting it up.

Squirrel: taking down Christmas decorations is always bittersweet and seems to take much longer to do. Mine are still up. Kudos on finishing yours. You deserve a nap after all that work. One of my fave phrases is "chores can wait" when I run out of time or energy.:)

Red: So glad you have the day off to "medicate and rest". Both do help boost our immune system. Hope you are feeling much better tomorrow. Stay warm and dry friend.

My laugh for today:

My local morning news show anchor and meteorologist both subbed on the hour long local noon news today. There is usually banter for the last 2 minutes before the station goes to Days, and these two were a hoot today. It turns out the guy (mid 40ish) always takes his lunch hour at 1:00 so he can watch Days in the employee lunch room. He went on a rant about Roman Brady not having a date or kiss in years, Holly's parentage being strung out, Deimos and Nicole, etc. The woman meteorologist (late 20s) started ripping on the clothing, hair, sets, and medical "miracles".
I'd swear they read the Spectator. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Good afternoon all,

Started out clear here this morning, but now overcast. It's cold too, but a bit better than it's been the past few days. School starts tomorrow---of course I am having scheduling issues, as always. Not sure if I can get into this required math course or not, because I was waitlisted for no reason! The Student Affairs Office put a business hold on my account when there shouldn't have been one, so I wasn't really registered after all until two weeks ago. If I can't get into this class, I'll have to do another one online. Frustrating!!

Manda, Gena looks just like you! Great photo!

RS, what a hoot! I wonder if they do post here on the Spectator?

Red and Noel, best wishes for your health.

Poirot, enjoy the warm-up. Warmer temps are headed our way too, starting on Wednesday. I even heard some birds outside today--they usually aren't back until mid-March.

Have a nice evening, everyone.

Mother Nature can't make up it's mind if we're supposed to have sun or
clouds today. The robins are enjoying the nice weather.

Poirot, enjoy the warmer weather.

manda, great picture of Gena.

Noel, I'm glad you're feeling better

robin, I hope your day was an easy one

OC, I hope you feel better.

DaysD, good luck getting your class schedule fixed.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

Days: how frustrating that your account was frozen without proper authorization! Sure hope someone drops the class so you can fill the vacancy. You are so close to finishing at end of term. Good luck tomorrow!

Kat: Glad the robins are enjoying Mother Nature's weather patterns. They are beautiful to watch and listen to their songs. Hope you get the warmth and sun you so enjoy.:)

Back