1/18/18 - Donuts, Sunshine, and Cookies

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

Seems as though Poirot's heat wave from yesterday traveled down my way today as we are supposed to hit 30* this afternoon. Which is excellent timing as I get out of work at 1:45 today for an eye exam this afternoon. I've got an old pair of my frames picked out to get new lenses, as I can't get new frames until next year. I do like updating the prescription in old frames though, switching them every few years makes them feel brand new again. :)

Tonight is the Girl Scout Cookie Rally. Most of the girls are super excited to attend and start selling cookies. I'm excited too, but it makes me tired just thinking about it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good Morning!

Well, my planned night of sleep turned into insomnia because the kiddos still needed help with fluids. So my only goal for today is to make it to dinner before dozing, and then sleeping until the work alarm rings at 4am. If you are laughing at such a small goal, go right ahead, but it makes me roll my eyes [giggling].

So far the weather change predicted for Saturday has not been changed. I say that holding my breath, because they are predicting 60F! It has been 12.5 months since we reached a temperature under 73F. I will be dancing barefoot on the patio if our low drops to 49F and our high is 60F!! That must sound like summer to all of you in the freeze zone, but truly the land, animals, and some of us people need some winter here.

Manda: I also keep my old frames and cycle them. For one thing, I like the colors/styles and they never come back again in the same frame shape. Also, it saves money. Glad the weather will be better for you to be outdoors, driving, and walking on icy steps/sidewalks. Enjoy the cookie sale meeting tonight and tell Gena we are rooting for her to win any contest!!

KT and AGuy: hoping you are both healthy, strong, and just busy. Miss you!

Take care everyone and have a great day. The weekend is coming!

Manda - I remember how much work the candy/cookie sales were for Camp Fire Girls. Good luck!

Noel - I will keep you in my thoughts for reaching your goal all day. Good Luck!! You're right about the temps you listed. I would take them in a heartbeat, in shorts ,mind you! LOL

I hope everyone is ok. Have a great day!

A sunny, warm day here. The temp is 42 now. I'm glad the cold stuff
is gone. I hope it doesn't come back this year.

A good day at the library. I got the last of the books in the computer today.
I started Sept 5 and put in over 830 titles. I plan to go in Fri and get the
last of the labels on the bags. Then I might start adding in new regular
books. We got a lot from the public library.

Noel, I hope you got some sleep in today.

manda, I hope your eye exam went well. Enjoy the cookie rally.

i hope everyone has a good evening.

Hi all, warmed u p here,around 30, with sunshine, and the road got really slushy as stuff began to soften and melt. Ran some errands, had blood work appt., got a few groceries, and had more to do, but no time. doesn't seem like I made much of a dent in my long list of "to do" We are to warm up the next few days, then cool down again, and snow. What else is new.

kat - wow what an achievement to have all those books entered into the system. Great work!!

My eye exam came back good, no changes to my vision. And the scan of the back of my eye shows that all is good. I didn't even need to update my old pair of glasses as my prescription didn't change at all. :)

Poirot: good job denting your to-do list in frigid weather.

Manda: congrats! on your eye health!

manda, that's great news about your eyes.

Today at library I put the final labels on the bags and started the next
project. She got two boxes of books yesterday. The company she
buys them has them already numbered and one side label. I have
to check reading level and put on a color dot if needed. Then I either
put
a number or letter on the side.

Back