1/19/18 - Donuts and Power Restored

Lil0

Reaction score
Website
keraskitchen.com
An early good morning to you all!

Evidently my power went off at some point during the night. I woke up at what turned out to be 3:00, but my bedside clock was blinking so I "had" to get up to find out what time it was. sigh. Now I am wide awake.

I had my counseling visit at the ophthalmologist's office yesterday and am now scheduled for cataract surgery on the 8th of Feb. Not really looking forward to it!

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning.......Glad your power is back, Lil0, for some reason, I thought the surgery was yesterday. Guess I misunderstood. I do remember being nervous the 1st time, but the 2nd eye, was not at all......twas a breeze.

@ Poirot ~ yesterday's counseling session was to make sure I knew what I was getting into. Watched a few videos, asked questions, etc. Also, they took a lot of measurements of my eyes in order to get the right lens prescription. I have astigmatism in both eyes, so I will continue to need to wear glasses.

Good Morning Everyone,

Lil0 - I'm glad they were thorough in explaining the procedure, and able to schedule you an appointment. I think it's normal to be nervous, but I'm sure you'll be fine and your vision improvement after will be a blessing.

*JS - I keep forgetting to tell you, I got the Lemon Fiber Now bars from Aldi for Gena, and she absolutely loves them, she takes one to school every day for her afternoon snack. :)

I'm very tired today, but we're planning to go out for dinner to celebrate hubby being back at work for a full week. I'll be happier when it's been a month, but at this point a week is awesome. The Girl Scout Cookie Rally was fun but exhausting last night.

Gena decided she wants to sell 1500 boxes of cookies so she can earn a laptop. :eek: I don't even know where I'd go with all those cookies to sort them. But I told her to shoot for the stars. If she doesn't make it to the stars at least she can land on the moon.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

*added note

Last edited:
Good morning all.

Looks like I missed yesterday. A work day that started at 7 and ended at 8:30 pm. Long day, no breaks. Today looks to be similar. Bleck.

All is good here. I don't have the crud. So far, Hunny Bunny hasn't shared it with me.

I'll try to get back later.

Good Morning,

Well, I fell a sleep in my chair yesterday afternoon about 4pm, and Hubs moved me to bed when he arrived home a bit later. I slept all night! :eek: I am so relaxed and rested now that everything feels light & easier. Wow what a difference! Now I am ready for the busy weekend.

Lil0: congrats on your pre-op appointment. I think watching the video is helpful, but really after the first eye surgery goes well you will know for yourself how easy it is. And, I have a-stig in both my eyes and I only need reading glasses for small print. So cheer up lady. I was astonished how well I could see post surgery removal of the eye cup/mask. It is a brighter, more colorful world! We lose our vision so slowly, and adjust to it, that we forget just what we are missing each day!

Poirot: I ditto your comments on the eye surgery. And how great you prayed ahead for Lil0's surgery! To me, you can never have too many prayers.

Manda: :clap:that you are going out for dinner to celebrate your husband's new job! That type of encouragement reward should bolster his confidence too. And you & Gena deserve to treat yourselves, and celebrate, what the family persevered through during this time. As for Gena wanting to sell 1500 boxes, this girl is a real go-getter. She may grow up to be President of the world!

Robin: sorry your work days are longer than expected but grateful you do not have the flu. The hospital is so short staffed they are hiring travel nurses to fill slots. Many people say they started with the stomach-intestinal virus we had, then their immune systems are less strong, and they return to work/school only to catch the flu virus. This strain is very very debilitating so please remember to rest up yourself while caring for your Hunny Bunny.

Wishing everyone a great day. It is the weekend officially at 5pm! :wine:

Happy Birthday b2curious!

fabulous_administrative_assistant_chocolate_brownie-rd7c3e21c8f2b4696b6c4b15ec15975e4_zimpm_324.jpg

Noel - glad you got some sleep and are feeling better. I wouldn't put it past Gena to be president of the world someday. :)

Robin - I sure hope your workday today ends up being a short easy day. Glad you haven't caught the crud.

At the office the other day, a woman came in coughing and sneezing. I was just washing my hands and finishing up, and I said "boy, you sound terrible". She said yes and she was running a fever but her company doesn't have sick days so she was coming into work. EEK!!!!

So in the companies cheapness, they will now have several folks taking days off or continuing to infect the world with this crud. I remember how it was to be sick and not have PTO (Paid Time Off) but if needed, I stayed home to recover. Thankfully I have family that could and did chip in when needed. Oy. What a world, what a world.

I'd add I'm melting, but it is just January, and 76 isn't quite melting weather.

A pretty day here with sun and in the low 50s. I'm trying to catch up on my
chores since I've been sick.

Lil0, that must be new watching videos for your eye surgery. I wasn't shown
it at the time. I'm glad.

manda, enjoy your evening out. Good luck to Gena for setting a
high goal.

Noel, I'm glad you got plenty of rest last night.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back