1/20/18 - Donuts & the warmup

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning, from wacky northland. But the weather is just not wacky here, the entire country has had their share as well. We have been having warmer weather, roads and parking lots all slushy and wet, sun shines, doesn't seem snow is melting on the sides, but has to be. There just is so much. And while we are supposed to be near 40 today, Monday is to bring a humdinger of a snowstorm, as the temps travel downward again.

More paperwork & bookwork today, though mostly am going to try and get the one file cabinet we have now organized and things put away. (and hopefully thrown away as well. Gotta keep Hubby away from everything, which is hard, he saves anything and everything. LOL

Happy Saturday

Today we are projected to have a cool 60F. Happy Dance, happy dance!!:clap:This morning the radar shows clouds in morning hours but no rain. Still it finally feels like winter here today.

Kiddos have practice, and other activities with Hubs while I am at work. Tonight no cooking for me as he is picking up Chinese take out. Yay.

Poirot: hope you finish your file cabinet project and still have time to relax this evening.

Wishing each of you a fun weekend.

Good morning. Noel, good deal, you are finally getting a little bit of a cool down! Enjoy your takeout.

Poirot, I hope you can get all finished up with the cleaning out of papers. I started on that two years ago and never finished completely. I can't even blame a husband, since mine has not had his hands on anything in several years now. He has kept me busy with other things though, so I'll blame it on that.

Yes, odd weather all over. We're getting above 70* today and tomorrow. With a lot of sunshine. If it weren't for the wind it would be perfect. I haven't felt like posting much the past couple of days but here I am. If husband didn't seem so depressed, I'd stay home for a few days.

I thought I was losing another cow. She went down the other day after my niece had gotten her to follow a long distance to get her with the herd, which is in the process of being moved to the place where they can get worked. The cow got back up and charged my niece, knocking her into a gate, then she (the cow) went down again and couldn't get up. I went over at sunup the next morning, expecting to find her dead, but she was gone. I guess she had just gotten overheated and tired, walking that far on an out-of-the-ordinary warm day. More than anything, I was thankful my niece wasn't injured.

Wishing all of you a good Saturday and a good weekend.

Good Morning all.

It is run errands with stepmother day, or at least morning. The afternoon is going to be spent with attorneys going over what we need to know for the deposition that will take place on Monday. Stepmom is scheduled for 1 hour. I get a lucky 4 hours!!!

The cloudy cold day goes well with my mood.

I'll check back with you after the excitement that the day brings.

Good luck with the day.

I hate doing depositions......seems like you have to repeat things, as I am guessing they want to trip you up or something. Good luck, girl. Wishing you the best.

So cloudy and overcast here, despite the predicted "sunshine".

OC: good news that your niece was not injured by the cow plus you didn't lose the cow. Enjoy the nice weather now and your visit with your husband.

Robin: you are wise enough to endure the long deposition but hope it us shorter than expected. Enjoy time with your stepmother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!

It’s sunny and 60 degrees. At least the second round of snow we got Wednesday is gone now. Of course now the potholes have started to appear.

OC, glad your niece is okay.

Robin, have a nice day with your stepmother. Hopefully the deposition isn’t too long.

Noel, hope you are enjoying your cooler temps.

Poirot, you’re weather is as weird as mine.

It’s off to work for me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Our local Walmart is doing a complete "remodel" of some kind....and so far, it is not going over well with the public at all. The started Thursday "redoing" the grocery area. So now, you walk in the door, get your cart, and the lst shelves you see are the ones with all the bread, buns, etc. So, you put a couple of those in your cart, and now, when you go adding jars, can goods, cartons, etc. ...geee......what gets smushed?

There is new tile on parts of the floor (seen Friday), that is probably getting more. No idea what the idea is, all I know is that most folks shopping were very confused, nothing was in the area it used to be in, so, many were just giving up, and leaving.

Wonder if the clothing, household, auto, hunting, camping, electrical, etc. will get "remodeled". Maybe they will give a map. LOL. No employees could help, as they had no idea themselves. Next to the bread was olives, pickles and the like. As I said, be sure and crush the soft stuff.

A sunny, windy, warm day here. It's in the 60s now.

Poirot, my store had a redo a month ago. They did it during the week.
I shop Sat and it was confusing the first time since a lot of aisles
were redone. A lot of things taken out.

Noel, was 60 your high today? That is a cool down for you.

robin, I hope your day went well with your stepmom. Good luck Monday

OC, enjoy the nice weather.

red, I hope you had a good day at work.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Last edited:
Kat: yes 60 was predicted but it might reach 61 in some areas. Sun is out but it is cool and lovely to me! We have matching temps today. :)

Good evening.

I made it home. I dropped off stepmom at stepbrother's house so she could go to a birthday party for one of her great-grandkids. The prep went well. I hope the deposition on Monday goes as well.

The only time today I saw our 30% chance of rain was when driving on the freeway. Happiness, right???

Okay, now to watch a movie with Hunny Bunny and then bedtime.

On to Sunday.

Robin: well, at least you saw some rain. I do know people in center/east Phoenix who received rain at their house. Evidently the west side is verboten nowadays. Glad you at least had a good prep session and I am certain you will ace Monday's deposition. Hope you & Hunny Bunny had a relaxing evening.

Back