10/01/2016 - Donuts and Happy birthday Julie Andrews

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Today, according to my news feed, is Julie Andrews 72nd birthday. May the hills come alive for her today.

I have about an hour to go before I rejoin the family. Little grandson Cassius is 3 1/2 months old and smiling and laughing at Grandma. Good fun.

I hope everyone joining today has a good day.

Good morning everyone,

Today and yesterday have both been drizzly and cool--definitely fall weather. After school yesterday, went to work before going out to dinner with my brother, dad and grandpa. Have work again this afternoon. My grandpa isn't leaving till tomorrow, so I'll get a chance to see him tonight beforehand.

I have a ton of homework to do this weekend as well. Not much of a weekend at all haha. Enjoy your family visit, Robins.

Hope all of you have a nice day.

Degrassi, have a good time with your grandpa.

Robin, I know you will be glad when this weekend is in the past. I hope it will go as smoothly as possible.

It's been an eventful 24 hours here. My daughter and my "little" cousin (close to my daughter's age) came yesterday early afternoon. They've been in and out, attending all the homecoming activities. They just headed out for what's happening today, and will leave from there to go home. So all is quiet here again. It was so very good to get to visit with them for a little while. My cousin and I have a close connection but we hardly ever get to see each other. We all talked as fast as we could, but the time just wasn't long enough.

Yesterday morning my niece and I met with the dozer guy at 10:00. We had to take him all around the place to show him what needs to be done. Thought we'd be done by the time my daughter and niece arrived, but down near the river we got stuck in a mudhole!. I felt bad for the man. He is a fairly young fellow, third generation in his family's welding/dozer business. Has been away working as a mechanic so is just now learning the dozer thing. We were riding with him in his pickup truck, which was pretty new and looked exceptionally clean.

We've had drought for so many years, I guess he isn't used to mudholes either. He went out of his way to avoid several small ones, and then drove right into one that looked bigger than the others combined. Standing in water too. Well, long story....a couple of hours of fooling around. Finally my niece walked to the house and got my truck and some chain and came and pulled him out. Then we still had another hour or more of driving around to show him things.

We were tired and hungry, was 2:00 o'clock by now. My daughter and niece had eaten in town on the way in and had thoughtfully brought us some hamburgers. I don't think a hamburger ever tasted so good, and they weren't even hot or very warm by the time we got to eat them!

Nice weather here. But allergies are awful. Wishing all of you a good day. Shan, I hope your little granddaughter is better. And Noel, wishing you increasing strength and better days.

Just a quick checking after morning meds. I am now getting drowsy already. Celebrating October in the hopes we reach at least 85F by the end of the month. Autumnal dreams I guess. Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend.

Hello folks. It's a nice day here, so I have the house open for the cool breeze. It won't last long, though. In a few days we'll be back in the 90*s.

I talked to my mother last night and she told me she was finding shredded tissues all over the house. She knew her puppy, Baxter, was responsible, but couldn't figure out where he was getting them. She finally busted him when she caught him sneakily pulling her stash out of her pocket, lol. An expert pickpocket, lol.

Shan, I hope Ember is feeling better, poor baby.

Noel, I hope your are moving towards recovery. It's taking too long.

Take care everyone.

It's a sunny day and high in the mid 70s. Goldie and I walked today after I got home
instead of early in the AM. Tomorrow we'll walk early because I have plans after church.

kt, thanks for posting the picture of Baxter. He looks like a good size if he doesn't grow more.

OC, sounds like your Friday was an adventurous day.

Noel, I hope you're feeling better today than yesterday.

robin, I hope your day went well.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sat and weekend.

Kat, sounds like you're having some nice fall weather. Enjoy.

Kt, Baxter is beautiful. We had one named Dingo that looked very similar many years ago. Our son was little more than a toddler and when he played in the yard, the big roosters would jump on him viciously. Dingo quickly caught on and would keep a watch on our son and wouldn't let those roosters anywhere near him. I loved that dog!

Noel, it sounds like you are getting some sleep. That's the best thing when sick. Hope your Autumnal dreams come true and you are well enough to enjoy it.

I've been mostly relaxing today. Washing up bedding and dishes, a little at a time. I took a nap earlier.

Back