10-01-2017 - Donuts and Welcome to October

Welcome October! I decided to start my spooky avatars in celebration. Our temperatures may still be around 100F but I have that Aultumn spirit inside me!

Good morning, OC. Sorry to read you had another mini-crisis last night. I am encouraged that you started this thread and sure hope your morning gets better by the hour.

We are off to church in an hour, then our normal Sunday routine. Hallmark Drama channel officially starts today and I am disappointed to see it is not on the Directv schedule. I love both Hallmark channels now on the schedule and wanted to be able to watch one more.

Wishing each of you a lovely Autumn day filled with positive directions!

Happy first day of October everyone!

It’s actually fall like here today. It’s only 67. Too bad by the end of the week it will be back in the 80s.

OC, hope today goes smoother for you.

Noel, I’d gladly share my weather with you today. I know upper 60s is what some consider fall but since you’re used to 100+ degrees I figured it would feel like fall to you.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Morning all.

After running around yesterday, today is to be spent doing home based fun (chores) items.

Going to take a while to get started as Mr. Gus is sleeping peacefully in my lap, so no rush to work today.

Avatar was made for me by my oldest Grandson last year. Looking forward to seeing him next weekend.

Happy October 1.

Hello everyone. It's a quiet day here, so far. Remmy's Rainbow is back, at least that's what I call it, lol. At certain times of the year, the sun hits a crack in a window, reflects off the glass coffee table and makes a rainbow on Remmy's black coat when she is in it. It just dawned on me that it happens near an equinox when the sun is in just the right position. Why didn't I think of that before? LOL

Take care.

Red: that cool of weather would be a dream come true for me! I appreciate your thoughtful gesture. Hope your day is wonderful too.

Robin that avatar is so cute. Enjoy your home body day.

KT: Remmy's Rainbow sounds perfectly beautiful to me. Hope your Sunday continues to be a bright one.

Last edited:
Good afternoon all,

Just had a nice weekend visiting with my brother down in DC. We went to the mall, and in our old town (Bethesda, MD) where we used to live, and got something to eat there. He'll be coming up on Thursday for a long weekend (he doesn't have class on Fridays either, so he'll just take the bus after his Thursday class).

managed to get some homework done on the trip, but have more to do tonight, as I didn't bring my computer (we only have one charger, and my mom needed it; my brother has a different kind). Weather last week started off like summer, even on Friday, but past few days has only been about 70F for a high with a low of 50F, and breezy. The sky is just a beautiful blue.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Noel, IamRed, and Robin, I love your new avatars. But Noel, I'm still smiling at the thought of yours being spooky. It's rather adorable!

Degrassi, I'm glad you had a good visit with your brother, and happy that you are enjoying some nice weather and blue skies. Nothing prettier than big blue skies!

Kt, funny how a crack in a window could turn into something so beautiful. Now that you've figured out when it happens, you will be expecting it the next time.

Robin, it's always fun to be able to look forward to a visit with a grandchild. I enjoy seeing his talent in your avatar. Wow, your staff is impressive!

Kat, I hope your day is not unpleasant.

IamRed, your weather pattern is going like ours. Last week we were in the 60s* but we're already back into the 80s* today.

Noel, I hadn't heard of the Hallmark Drama channel. I'll have to check and see if Dish has it. Sorry your Direct doesn't carry it for you.

It's been a quiet day here. I wore myself out at bedtime last night and slept pretty good. I was getting ready for bed and went to get a drink of water from the refrigerator when I noticed a puddle of water standing right in front of the refrigerator. A closer look revealed water standing inside and outside the cabinet that houses our central air unit, right next to the refrigerator. (Why do things like this happen at bedtime)? It was also under the refrigerator, which I am not able to move.

My kitchen floors are pine, the original flooring in the house, so water standing on them is not good. This same thing happened a few times years ago so even though my husband took care of such things back then, I had some idea where to look for the source of the leak. It has something to do with the moisture or water exchange to the central air unit. I don't even know how to verbalize it but I found the leak right away and put a bowl under it, after first turning off the air conditioner. Then I spent an hour sopping up all the water that I could get to and hoped whatever amount was under the refrigerator and the air conditioner cabinet would dry up fairly soon.

The mystery to me is why this would happen after so many years--or why it even happens, ever. Of course, my husband doesn't remember anything about it. So many things I've wanted to ask him but he no longer knows. I will see if my carpenter/plumber/electrician guy can figure it out for me. He knows more about this house now than anybody else. Guess I'll turn the a/c back on and see if it happens again--before bedtime, and with a bowl ready to catch any water that might leak.

Sometimes, what happens with A/C units is they freeze up, and then the ice melts.....although the ones I have seen (including my own) were outside. (Hubby was in the heating and A/C business for years....nowadays, with all the advances, changes, electronics, etc. he gets baffled.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been an okay but pretty busy day. I had an incredible sleep last night and even got to sleep in so I was ready to wake up this morning. After I woke up I did a bunch of chores and then had lunch. After lunch I read and took a nap. After my nap I got up and did more chores and read some more and then had dinner.

Dinner was absolutely delicious especially the dessert which was heated apple pie. So yum. After dinner, I did a few more chores and right now I'm relaxing and watching some television. I think I had a really productive day even though there was still a few things I wanted to get done but didn't. Weekends really go by way too fast.

The weather has been cool but nice, even though the temperatures are a bit cool for me. Right now it is clear and 57 F, a beautiful Autumn evening here.

I am really looking forward to next weekend for a couple of reasons, one of them being it's the Thanksgiving Day long weekend here in Canada. YAY!

Wishing all of you a super Sunday evening. :) Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Good evening everyone. It has been a busy day, and I fell asleep on the couch for a few hours.

After laundry and church, I went out to buy cupcakes and balloons for my friend's birthday. I dropped the cupcakes off at the office on the way home, and tied the balloons to her desk chair.

I had a roast chicken for dinner, and made a pot of vegetable soup for this week.

Started to binge watch the new season of Fuller House on Netflix after the Steelers' win today. Made it about half way through. Will finish the rest next weekend.

OC - if the leak is in a hose, you might want to try flex tape to seal the leak. It worked on a leak for me.

Robin - your staff is gorgeous

Poirot - I'm sorry you missed your granddaughter's wedding. I'd help you sort and pack if I lived closer.

Prayers continue for everyone.

McSweetie - so glad your day and weekend was a good one. Your Fall weather sounds lovely. Take care and have a good week.

Red - how thoughtful of you to birthday items to surprise a co-worker tomorrow. Have a great night.

Back