10/08/17 - Donuts & Arthritis

Y

YPG

Good morning everyone!

We have rain so I have pain. Fall and Spring are the worst seasons for me due to adjusting to the weather. Summer, I am used to the hot. Winter, I am used to the cold but when the weather cannot decide what to do during the other two seasons is the worst. This causes my joints to swell and lots of arthritis pain.

I commiserate with you over moving Poriot, as I just went through a sudden move myself.

Usually I pack everything, label each box with contents and rooms and hire someone to just actually do they moving, if I am unable to find the people to do it myself and the girls and I will do the unpacking and/or help from friends.

This time I spent major money to have someone do everything from packing to moving to unpacking, all in one day, so as to have the least amount of disruption for my daughters during the school year. They did a terrible job and I will never again go that route.

Things were misplaced, placed in the wrong rooms, broken, lost, so many boxes left unpacked, like everything that could go wrong did.

I do love my new location but did not realize it was on propane. From the data I gathered of previous owners, the bill will be like double that of what I used to pay. I prefer a cold house with sweatshirts and blankets so hopefully previous owner history will not hold true for me.

Hope everyone stays safe with this new storm and any thereafter. I wish this season to end soon because I can not stand the rain it brings.

Happy Sunday!

I love this time of pre-dawn morning when the weather is at its coolest, the stars and moon shine brightest, and it is the most quiet moment of the day. My family, and cousins, are sleeping soundly. I was so excited, and touched by their surprise yesterday, that I only slept less than 3 hours. Something tells me an afternoon nap is coming today!

Our weather remains "very warm", meaning just under triple digits, with full sun, cloudless sky, and dust storms at sunset most likely. Still, it is cooler than a month ago and in the southwest that equals Autumn. How I am living to wake up cool and reach for the top sheet to pull over me. My cousins are absolutely melting so I turned the A/C down even cooler for them. Their days are usually mid-70s in Florida, 60s in Indy, and very cold in Alaska.

YPG: our bodies react to barometric pressure changes, humidity, dew point, and other weather changes. The heat here is sweltering, but dry while your heat is humid. Sorry you are feeling so uncomfortable. I hope your weather changes to the point where you are the most comfortable possible this time of year.

Poirot: thinking of you and hoping you snuck in a few hours of sleep in your recliner last night. Also that your son is able to help you prep for moving and take some of the pressure off you!

Wishing each of you a lovely Sunday.

Good morning......YPG, I am doing the opposite of you, going from years of having propane, to now natural gas. Trouble also is, now have to deal with huge companies,whose rates are out of whack. Yes, when I moved here, was an adjustment. But our own well, septic, and free garbage disposal. Not any more now. I will have to pay for water, have an electric stove (which I hate) , and deal with a huge electric company rather than a co op one. This mean the utility costs rise for me, ugh.

But, really, YPG, you should have no problem keeping your place as cool as you want. (to me, propane cheaper than natural, most of the time) cuz it is your thermostat that says how warm or not you want to have it.

Finally stopped raining here, weak sun so far, but at least it is SUN. LOL Listened to church on radio, which has 3 hrs. on Sundays, beginning with Catholic, then Lutheran, then a few different ones..I get quite the "church" thing via radio. Tis interesting, as one hears the same gospel reading a few times, then the one from last week (gee, think perhaps this was recorded then? Ha) By 9:30 it is all done, back to regular programming.

Going to try only using the cough medicine once, perhaps this a.m. as I would like to try the NyQuil to get some decent sleep. We'll see.

Poirot: hope your plan for some Nyquil tonight will prove beneficial to a good nights sleep. Is your son still standing 10 feet away or has the cough syrup reduced your coughing spells yet? Hope you gain back a little strength each day.

LOL, he is afraid to breathe same air as me. And yes, He wants to stay FAR away. Brought all his own food from home, (pre-made) so he won't get contaminated by anything I might have touched. LOL He sees and hears me, knows how long I have been sick, and just does not want to get laid up like this.....Don't blame him.

Good morning. YPG, thanks for starting Donuts. I feel for you with the arthritis. I'm grateful not to have it too badly yet, but there's been so much of it in my family, really crippling, so very painful and debilitating. I'm wondering if you went from natural gas to propane or from all electric to propane? Maybe you said and I didn't see it. Decades ago, we used propane because it was so much cheaper than electricity. Now it is the opposite. We've been all electric for years and are spending much less than if we still had propane. Of course, we are on an electric coop so as Poirot mentioned, that does make a difference.

Poirot, bless your son's heart for being there, under the circumstances. It would almost take a miracle from on High to get me to go into a house and function, with those kinds of germs floating. I remember how long your sick spells have hung on in the past but I hope and am praying this one will be cut shorter than usual.

Noel, I hope you get a nap. Having a house full of company and not getting any sleep puts a strain on the nervous system. But I know you are enjoying them so you will be running on adrenaline, if nothing else, so you can soak up every minute of the family time.

My son and his family came yesterday for the day. It was so, so good to see them. The little one is almost three and at such a cute age, learning to express himself verbally much more than the last time I saw him. The weather was nice and we spent a good bit of time outside. My son came for the purpose of installing a booster antenna for my internet. It works beautifully! This whole thing has turned out to be a blessing in disguise, since I now have faster connection that ever before, and I'm paying about $10 less per month, overall. I still am on limited time until Tuesday though, so I'd better scoot. Have as good a day as you can, everyone.

Oh, I just have to tell--my son had to go up into our attic to run cable into the house. While there, he saw a snake skin and also the remains of a small snake. Ugh! I don't know how they got there but probably were trapped under the house when it got sealed up and couldn't get out so went up between the walls to the attic. I'm just glad they didn't find a way into the house!

Good morning. Remmy has finally relaxed from her concerns over the storms caused by Hurricane Nate. I'll take that as a good sign. My landlords/next door neighbors have been out of town and called me earlier to check on things here. I haven't even lost electricity and everything looks good.

I do love my new location but did not realize it was on propane. From the data I gathered of previous owners, the bill will be like double that of what I used to pay.

With natural gas, my mother just pays monthly for usage. I do have to buy my propane before I use it, so it's a big cost, but lasts several months. It is cheaper for me to buy at least 100 gallons at a time for the discount.

Their days are usually mid-70s in Florida, 60s in Indy, and very cold in Alaska.

Hard to imagine anyone from the Keys having mid-70 temperatures right now, unless it is overnight. I doubt Atlanta temperatures are that cool most days, either. If you turned your A/c down like that for me, I would freeze! LOL

I will have to pay for water, have an electric stove (which I hate) , and deal with a huge electric company rather than a co op one.

I'm with you there, especially the electric stove! My landlords do provide water and I have co-op electricity, but I would not like moving to town and paying for for-profit utilities.

Poirot: your son gets high marks from me for showing up to help and who can blame him from being skittish about the germs. One thing is certain, your sense of humor remains despite being so sick. Rest up please while you have the helpful son on hand.

OC: well your son gets a blessing too for coming to help you and visit. Hurrah! No more internet issues for you after Tuesday. And seeing your little grandson must have been a joyful and relaxing visit. As for the snakes::eek: The good part is they are dead and skinned!

KT: glad to know the storm has done little damage to your area so far and Remmy is finally able to relax. To me, that is a good sign that the worst is most likely over for you. You are right about rural vs city utilities: they are rip off in cities but people co-op in country. I set my A/C at 86 when it is 110+ to save money and they still raise my bill here in the city. When we lived on the farm, no one heard of keeping your A/C that high!

A long day for me. Goldie and I walked early this morning because I knew
I wouldn't have time this afternoon. I went to my church. I think I was
home two hours then went to my friend's church. It usually starts at 4.
Today it started at 2.

I stopped at Neighborhood Market after my church this morning. I stood
and watched the floor cleaner. I noticed when I got close no one was behind
it. It started moving after I walked past it. It's automatic. I guess it's
something new because a boy was taking a pictures of it.

YPG, I hope you have a better tomorrow and not be in so much pain.

Noel, I hope you got your nap in today.

Poirot, I hope you're feeling a little better.

kt, I'm glad you have not worries about Nate.

OC, I'm glad your son came by to get your internet going.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Oh, my gosh, the sun is setting and there is a huge row of trees that are glistening orange/gold the top 1/2, and the bottom looks black. One has to be quick with a camera, I have none, as it changes and disappears so fast. But Gorgeous, truly exceptional.

YPG, hope you have been taking it easy on those arthritic joints today. And that tomorrow will be rain free.

Have been having coughing spasms all day, one, around noon, must have lasted 10 minutes. All that mucus.....ugly subject. One would not think the body contains that much,. LOL. figure I should be losing pounds with so much leaving. hOWEVER, more likely, probably have to try and get more liquid than I have been, to make up for it. ??? Every day is different for sure. Depressing to think there will probably be a couple more weeks of this. YUK.

Going from electric everything but natural gas heat to electric everything and propane heat instead.

Had to tell the landlord that no he could not come in to do repairs after seven o'clock pm, as it was too late. I waited for him all day and I have things to do and need to get to bed early.

I have to get up early to drive to oldest daughter because she got all the way home tonight and then realized she does not have her purse, because she left it here of course, only two hours away, and needed it before her internship Monday afternoon for some reason.

Kat: your day did sound busy, but productive. This week I will check my Wal-Mart Neighborhood Markets to see if they use the new floor cleaner. Enjoy the rest of your night.

Poirot: sorry to read your mucus production is still strong and your coughing spells long despite codeine syrup. The lake trees sounded gorgeous at sunset and that was a treat today. Sleep well tonight.

YPG: we mommas are always busy multi-tasker for the kiddos. Try to enjoy the long drive and whatever natural beauty on the way.

Goodnight everyone and sweet dreams.

Back