10/11/2017 - Donuts and cereal/strawberries

A

A. Guy

Good morning, Spectators! A rainy night, and most of today, but the worst of it (per radar) missed us. Hopefully, the basement will be spared!

Successfully completed a relatively minor, but troublesome, electrical repair, yesterday. A building inspector spotted a receptical in a garage that did not feature a GFCI. The usual electrician was unavailable (Florida), so I studied up, dragooned someone to help, and "(got)'re done!"

Had some good news last week; my eye surgery has FINALLY been rescheduled for next week! I am very disappointed with a certain physician! :angry:

This is buffet Wednesday, so "God-willing and the crick don't rise," I will be heading to one of two, with an umbrella in hand. :)

A good, safe day to all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning,

A.Guy - electrical outlets are fairly easy to replace. I'm glad you were able to figure it out. I've had to replace most of the outlets at my house. When we moved in, all but the kitchen and bathroom outlets were only 2 prong outlets, not the 3 prong ones required for almost everything.

Last night was quiet at home, thank goodness. Hubby seemed to be in better spirits with the upcoming job interview tomorrow, which was a relief to all of us. I actually got to watch NCIS without interruption as Gena decided to read in her room and hubby was watching some odd movie on a different TV.

Thank you all for being so supportive. My life lately feels like a bad soap opera, but you all make me feel better with your kind words and advice. I want you all to know that I truly appreciate each and everyone of you. :love::hug::love:

Morning, A. Guy and others to join. Glad to hear your eye surgery has been scheduled and now going through.

Manda - Glad to hear you had a bit of a reprieve from what you have been experiencing and feeling lately.

Woke up this morning to an amazing coffee smell. I got this ready last night so it would it would be ready for when I got out of the shower. I proceeded to pour my coffee in the Pittsburgh Penguins coffee travel mug for my walk to the train and ride in to work. Amazing coffee and a big risk was taken by walking on the train with a Penguins mug. LOL! Kidding of course. Thanks again RS.

While I am still waiting to hear the results of the exam I wrote for the position of a Tobacco Program Officer and to be invited to an interview, I did find out the results of a position I applied for within my own organization and I made the pool of qualified candidates and was offered a promotion yesterday and I accepted. I have acted in this new role 2 times previously for 2 years each time but it was always on a temporary basis so I'm happy to know that it will now be indeterminate. My fingers are still crossed for the other position I applied for because it is something different and at a higher pay scale than the one I just accepted.

And speaking of smoking or NOT smoking. I am proud to say that I have been cigarette free for 1 month and 9 days. While I am not having the cravings it is more the habits that are challenging at times and when you associate times and activities that you typically would have a cigarette.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning. Muzz, your avatar is a fun picture. I'm glad you aren't having cravings for cigarettes. Sounds like you will stay with it in spite of the habits challenge. I quit over 40 years ago, and thankfully, didn't have cravings for very long but it is odd to me that once in a while I still have dreams that I am smoking.

Manda, I do so hope the job works out. You need all the relief you can get, in more ways than one. I agree, that is is nice to be able to come here and get support. I also appreciate all of you.

A. Guy, glad you got that troublesome electrical issue conquered. Sure hope the eye surgery goes smoothly now. Enjoy your buffet. With all that rain you're having, the creek just might rise after all!

A chilly morning here. Was 44* when I got up. I think it will get in the 70s* though. I hope so. I'm not ready for cold except to get rid of the mosquitoes. I've been on the verge of turning on the heat all morning, since the husband and I have both felt cold, even though it's been around 70* in the house. I know, real cold weather wimps, as Kt would say. At least the wind has died down from yesterday so it will feel warmer in here as the sun comes over.

I have a lot of things I need to do but am not moving very fast. Have been awake since 5:00. I've done breakfast and cleaned up dishes and made the bed. I did stay in bed until after 5:30 and then read some before breakfast. Wishing everyone a good day. Thinking of those poor people with the fires.

Good morning all, boy, thought I was on "the upswing or other side" of this thing, as was feeling better yesterday, with barely a 2 min. nose blowing, & only one 5 min. coughing spasm. Alas, it is back, woke me up after 3 hrs. sleep, coughing away forever, blah, blah. Nose blowing seems non-stop. LOL

It is much chillier, windy, tho sun out. Just really windy, making it colder.

Muzza, honestly, I just love that avatar pic..makes me smile every time.

Guy, whatever that electric outlet thing you had to fix is something that needs fixing at the new place. I know those letters. LOL They are outside ones???

Muzza, this sounds so dumb, but sometimes, when quitting smoking (please do not start ever again!) someone suggested that perhaps one misses just having something between the fingers, so use a pencil, which I did. Lots of years ago, but, funny, it helped a bit. Yeah, twirl it, bounce it a bit, lolol

Busy day here. The "others" are at a training for the clients again. And of course, I will need to know the information, but hey, someone has to be available for those who didn't attend, right?

Update on aunt and uncle. They were evacuated late yesterday afternoon, to their granddaughter's house, which is in the clear, for now. But she has electricity and running water so that is good. Now the anxious times to see if the house survives.

Muzz - love the avatar. And continued good thoughts on the no more smoking. I understand the habit thing. Years ago, I couldn't imagine eating a pizza without beer. Or actually starting the day without a beer. I've moved on from those "fun" days.

I'll try to get back later.

A Guy - so glad you finally got your eye surgery scheduled. Enjoy your buffet today!

Manda - I'm so glad you had a better evening. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts & prayers for his interview tomorrow.

Muzz - Congrats on the no smoking. We will hit 6 months on the 16th. You're right about the habits are what keeps popping back up for us. My husband said last week I better get a warning when I die so I can at least have a smoke before I go! I had to laugh at that one. We both enjoyed smoking but knew we were playing a Russian roulette game. It's not an easy thing, but we're doing it!

OC - 44 is low for you, isn't it? I would have turned on the heat. Burr!

Poirot - So sorry you're still not feeling well especially when you have so much to get done.

Noel - I hope the NICU quiets down for you. You're an angel for what you for those poor little babies.

We watched the girls last night for a couple hours. Little Harlow is walking and talking so much. It sure is fun to see how fast they grow into little people. Both girls want the kitty to come sit on their lap and be petted, but this little kitty is way too hyper for them. Still working on manners. LOL

Have a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon. I got caught up in reading Wikipedia this morning and somehow ended up on the history of bicycles, lol. It was fascinating, but I cracked up on one part of the article. Early bicycles were apparently pedaled like tricycles; if you don't pedal, you don't go anywhere. Someone had an idea to allow the bikes to coast. Oops, now they had to invent brakes, lol. As has been said, necessity is the mother of invention!

Take care everyone. My heart is with you.

A cool morning here. I put the heat up a little to warm me up this morning. I
didn't put an extra blanket on bed since it's going to warm again tomorrow.

I worked more in my office. I didn't get too far. I cleaned out three drawers in my desk. I
got rid of some stuff. Then I went out and put air in my tires. All of them needed air. It
took longer than I thought it would. I was frustrated the light was still on when done. I
rechecked tire pressure and they were correct. I figured light needed repair. When I
got back to the highway, the light went off. It was the first time I put air in tires.

Muzzaman, congrats on your promotion and not smoking for a month.

A Guy, I hope your eye surgery goes well next week.

manda, I'm glad you had a good evening last night.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of your day and evening

Hi everyone!

It was 90 degrees according to my car thermometer when I got off work at 3:30. It's supposed to rain tonight/tomorrow and the high is only 77 for tomorrow. Assuming the weather guessers are correct.:rotfl:

A. Guy, glad you got your surgery schedule but how frustrating of a process.

Manda, glad you had a peaceful night yesterday.

Muzza, congrats on the promotion and a smoking free month. Love the picture!

Rs, prayers for your family.

Noel, hope your day as gotten calmer.

My mom and dad came to my store and got their flu shots today. I asked my pharmacist to use the big needle but she wouldn't do it:rotfl:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been a pretty good day. I am off of work for the week so I have been enjoying my Autumn vacation. It's been fantastic doing the things I would like to do, doing things I have to do at my own pace and relaxing. I am going to be so sad when my vacation is over next Tuesday.

The weather was miserable today as it was rainy and cool. Right now it is raining and 46 F, brrrr. It got up to a high of 50 F. I am not ready for this.

Tomorrow I am going to get my eyes checked. I have not had my eyes checked in about 12 years. I've been very bad about getting them checked so decided that an appointment should be made during my time off. If I do need glasses tomorrow I am going to pick up some cute ones. :)

Wishing all of you a wonderful Wednesday evening. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Good evening everyone. It was a long day of working at 3 schools in the little town in the mountains that was the "birth place" of the U.S. oil industry. Drake's well is still a much visited US historic area and state park on the edge of town.

When I finally got back, I had to quickly get changed and cleaned up. This was the night to go to dinner with friends from the other town. We went to an Italian restaurant where they live that just opened after moving to a brand new building. The food was scrumptious. I have enough chicken asiago penne left for 3 more meals!

Muzza - I love your new avatar!!!! You look good in Black and Gold. I hope you didn't receive any disparaging remarks. If you do, just remind folks that half of the Penguins are Canadian including co-owner Mario Lemieux and Captain Sidney Crosby.
(My new phone keeps changing Muzza to Pizza! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:)

Red - I got a chuckle from you teasing your parents by asking for a bigger needle.

Well folks, I'm fading fast. Bed time for Bonzo. night night.

Sweetie, I'm glad that you are enjoying your vacation! A time to relax, and do some fun things. :drunk:

Back