10/13/17 - Donuts & Black Cats, Broken Mirrors, and Ladders

mandamiee

Reaction score
th

Nothing major going on here. Cool weather, overcast and gloomy.

Gena is home sick today. She has a mild fever and a tummy ache. Figured it's best to have her stay home and rest.

Hope you all have a good day.

Happy Friday. Thank goodness it is here. The ONLY Friday I work this month. I really missed my summer vacation in the mountains. But I will take the upcoming 9 days away from the office to relax and recover.

Hunny Bunny is out this morning with back to back to back doctors' appointments. The fun one is in the middle, and it is at the house. Thank goodness he schedules his own or he'd be angry at me for this scheduling mess up. It's been said before and I always thought it was silly till I've gotten older but, getting old isn't for sissies.

Manda - hope Gena feels better, and this is just a 24 hour bug. And it doesn't spread.

Happy Friday to all who come later today.

Do black dogs crossing your path cause issues??? Because Mr. Gus has just done that.:rotfl:

Robin, Mr. Gus! :rotfl: You probably don't have too much to worry about there. How very nice that you have nine days of relaxing ahead of you! Sorry the Hunny Bunny has all the doctors to juggle today. The thing about getting old and sissies is so true. It's remarkable how many things about being old that we don't take seriously until we get there ourselves.

Manda, poor Gena. I hope this ailment passes quickly. I imagine you're glad it's Friday too.

I need to do some cleanup in the house today. It's going to be in the 90s*. I do have to go out and see if I can figure out what's going on with a tire. I went to our small-grocery store town yesterday for a few errands. The low-tire light was on in my car all the way there and back. I stopped in town to get air but when I checked the tires they all had about the same amount so I couldn't tell which one, if any, was low.

Wishing everyone a good Friday 13th and a fine weekend.

Morning! Same kind of weather, here, Mandy...humid, overcast, etc. Hubby went up onto the top shelf in the big coat closet......found 3 old phones, no idea where they came from, ....(our old house? Maybe here when we first moved here?? Dusty as all get out. Plus some dining table protectors, the kind that is thick, folds in 3. Except I have NEVER owned a dining room table that had or needed those? Weird. and then, there was MY baby book, along with those of my 2 sons. LOL. Dusty as all get out, the kinds of things we should have in plastic protector bags. So, our dumpster is going to get a bunch of extra stuff, old hats of hubby's, (told you he never threw anything away. Just got another hat. LOL

Still sick......seemingly coughing and blowing more than yesterday. Don't think the dust helps. :)

Tuesday, we had our living room ceiling re-treated for termites. In less than 4 hours more tubes magically appeared in the ceiling. Today my lunch hour is speaking with the branch manager at our home so he can "explain why this happens". Sounds perfect for a Friday the 13th to me. :angry:

We have some very sick babies today. Rant over. Tears for babies over. Try to post later.

Manda - I hope Gena feels better soon. Hopefully just a 24 hour bug.

Robinsnest - I'm jealous, 9 days away from the office! Enjoy.

OC - good luck with your tire. All these new lights that come on and warn us are sometimes a bother. Hopefully you find the problem.

Poirot - I bet you are going to find a lot of things you forgot you had. Sorry you're still not feeling better. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Noel - your day isn't starting much better. Poor babies. Prayers being sent.

Raining here. We haven't seen that for quite some time so I can't complain, yet. I want to, but I won't. It's supposed to be a decent weekend so were going to go with the kids to the pumpkin patch. Just once, I would like to go and not have to bundle up in 3 layers of clothes.

Have a good day.

Good afternoon everyone. I guess it is my turn to have the traveling migraine. The only thing that I have accomplished is making a pot of chili. I never got the corn bread made because I don't think I can handle the sound of the whisk or mixer right now.. I might attempt that closer to dinner time.

Noel, the emergence of new termite tunnels that quickly is scary.

Poirot, could some of that stuff been left in the closet before you moved there?

I hope Gena feels better.

Big hugs to everyone I missed.

Oh, those dining table pads had to be. So now my hubby finds.....lolol......this wig I had. We used to have an in ground pool, and were in it every day during summer. Constantly. Well, that makes for hair constantly wet, hubby would say how about we all go out for dinner, and so that was my saving thing. Short haired wig, same hairstyle as me, but, worked!!!!! I did not even realize I still had it. I think I was going to give it to the local theatre group, don't know why I never did. Ha.

Sheesh, am glad I am finding some of this stuff, would hate if my poor kids had to come across any of it.

You know, I really have too many pots/pans, etc. Wish there was time for a yard sale, even the season for it. LOL Wall pictures, etc. Just sooooo much.

I think I caught Poirot's cold. I coughed most of yesterday afternoon. I thought
it was my acid reflex. This morning, I woke up feeling blah. I've been sucking on
cough drops today. They seem to help a little. The weather here isn't helping at
all. Today and tomorrow in the 80s. Sunday night back in the 30s.

manda, I hope Gena feels better soon.

OC, good luck with your tires. I checked mine at home before I went out
and they were all low. So I had to put air in all of them.

Noel, I hope you get a good explanation about the termites.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day and evening.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day/ Today has been an okay and relaxing day on my end. I am still on vacation but the days are surely flying by. I will be back to work on Tuesday so I am embracing every single moment that I have left before I return to work. I really like the relaxing part of my vacation. I really don't do enough of it as I am always on the go.

Robins: I hope that you have a great vacation.

The weather here has been absolutely awful this week as it's been cloudy and rainy. Right now it's cloudy and 61 F, another icky day. I am getting to the point again where I am starting to forget what the sun looks like.

Noel: Sending you and the babies prayers and love.

Manda: Hope that your daughter gets better really soon.

Wishing all of you a fabulous Friday. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Grrrr, apparently Gena is feeling better as she and my $%&*#$@%!#$!($%*#$(*^ husband decided it's normal to stay home sick and then have a sleepover.

Sweetie - enjoy what's left of your vacation.

RS, Kat & Poirot - I sure hope you both feel better soon.

robin - enjoy your vacation

shan - glad you are getting some rain.

Noel - all I can say is I understand your frustration about the termites, and I'm sure you know how much.

manda, that's not right. Gena could get sick again. I hope the sleepover is not at your house.

Squirrel, I don't think I could cook chili with a migraine but sometimes going out to eat Mexican food helps when I have one. Hope the chili goes down well for you.

Kat, I sure hope you don't have something that settles in like Poirot has! My throat has been sore today. I'm hoping it is just allergy.

Back