10-16-17 - Donuts & Fog

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Morning everyone. It's 8AM here and it's still foggy.

I'm not sure how I feel today. I woke up feeling bad. I took medicine. I'll know more
later in the day when medicine wears off. I'm not coughing like I was yesterday.
I wore my coat and ski mask when Goldie and I had our walk. I've been only going
around one time since I've been sick.

I saw an interesting movie last night "Queen of the Desert". It's about Gertrude Bell.

I hope everyone has the best day they can.

Morning, Kat and everyone to come on. Sorry you are not well Kat. Hopefully you are on the mend. Another movie that you might find funny is Pricilla, Queen of the Desert. One of the theatre companies I've done a few shows with is doing Pricilla Queen of the Desert the musical in the spring, which I think would be hysterical to be a part of.

A nice morning here and nice walk to the train. My hours of work have changed from a start time of 6:30am to 7:00am so I get a bit more sleep in the morning however, I know I will still be awake at the same time as if I worked at 6:30am.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Morning Everyone,

Cold today with a high temp of 58* expected. I actually had a thin layer of ice on the windshield this morning. Supposed to warm up the rest of the week.

I've got my monthly Girl Scout Leader Meeting tonight. Hopefully it's a short one, but we shall see how it goes. They all start at 6:30 PM, but some are done by 7:15 and others run until almost 9. Those ones I do not like as I'm usually at home in bed by then. :rotfl:

Muzz - enjoy the slightly later start at work. Sounds like time for an extra cup of coffee.

Kat - feel better. I hope the meds work fast for you.

Morning all, actually am seeing the sun this a.m. Cannot say I did not get enough sleep, as though I may have woken up several times, and once was awake for about hr and half.......I fell asleep at 8 p.m. woke at 11:30, got ready for bed, this was when I was awake for about 90 min. But by 1:30 zonked back out. I think I woke at 5, then about 6:15, 7, and finally 8:15. Could not believe I fell back asleep so easily so many times. But I have had very little sleep for quite a while, guess the body said, o.k. enough already. Have to say tho, I still feel tired and "draggy", lol.

But, am behind in the packing etc. And going to tooooo busy the next couple weeks. Still have to get the phone/internet& TV signed up, Then will be all the "change address". And the post office. And too many other things, I just have my head in a whirl

Sure did not help being sick.........Kat, hope you are able to get over yours a lot quicker. For me, this is over 2 weeks now.

Muzza, we will be losing light in the a.m. so maybe it will be better starting the 1/2 hr. later.

Mandy, our high yesterday was 51. Right now it is 47........and I have to get dressed, and to work, have a car full to take to the new place. I am trying to get things put in the right places ....in other words pack here, unpack there, put away, bring the box back. You have no idea what you accumulate in bathrooms and kitchen cupboards, closet shelves, until you start "packing" it all.

Have a lovely day, my friends.

Another Monday, another week.

Waiting for the Orkin man to show up to re-treat the termite tubes hanging from my living room ceiling. They grew so quickly this weekend. Then off to work for a later shift.

Nice to read some of you have autumnal weather. Here it is 98F and still feels like the Spring-Summer months here. I am so very tired of the sun glaring at me from 5:45am-6:25pm. It would make me grouchy but what good would that do anyone?

Kat: so sorry to read you are still fighting this virus/cold/flu bug. Whatever it is, it sounds miserable. Hope you feel much better by tomorrow.

Manda: wishing you a short Girl Scouts meeting tonight so you don't miss your bed time. My bedtime is usually very early too due to a 4am wake up alarm.

Poirot: Great news to read your body took control over this virus and you slept! The part about feeling "draggy" is status quo as you are most likely depleted in vitamins, minerals, electrolytes and other nutrients. Just keep putting your health first,.please.

Wishing everyone else the best start to a new week possible.

Poirot - so glad you finally got some sleep, albeit, restless sleep. And I feel your pain about moving. I still have stuff in boxes waiting to be unpacked from when we moved 10 years ago. Hubby keeps telling me to get rid of it and I keep reminding him that I have half a house that I have not decorated, while waiting to no longer be landlords. :rolleyes:

Noel - glad the exterminator is coming back quickly. Hopefully they're able to get rid of the termites for you.

Morning all.

Busy day in support, so this will be short.

When I packed up my dad's kitchen to move them from the house to the condo, he had 7 whisks. 7!! And he needed to move all 7. My stepmother was giving away/donating things that had great personal meaning to her, and he had to move 7 whisks. 3 large, 2 medium 1 small 1 teeny. He could not get rid of a single thing. He then had me set up his kitchen at the condo. I'm very left handed. So I set things up where they made sense to my handedness. He complained about who was the fool who put his kitchen together, until the day he was moved out of the condo.

Poirot and Kat - I hope you start feeling better.

manda - I hope the meeting doesn't last too long.
Noel - send your termites next door. Your neighbors will thank you. :rotfl:

Happy Monday.

Hi everyone. Another day working at a school in the mountains.

My brother and sis-in-law went to a wedding this weekend in a small town in Wisconsin. When they were flying out of St Paul yesterday to go home, there wasn't a plane!! The whole plane load of passengers was left sitting at the airport. They had to wait over 3 hours for an empty plane to be transferred in from another airport so they could get to Denver. (They missed all of their connecting flights back to California.) That plane had to end up landing at Chicago because of mechanical problems. There were no more flights with seats left last night out of O'Hare to get them on their way, and hotel rooms were booked because of conventions. They finally found a hotel room for $850!!!! The last I talked to them this morning, they were headed to the airport to try to get a flight on a different airline.

Robinsnest - I guess I shouldn't volunteer that I have 5 whisks. 3 metal ones of different sizes to use in mixing bowls and measuring cups, and 2 silicone ones to use with my ceramic lined pots.

Beautiful weekend here. We had Ember stay the night Friday night. She and I shopped until late afternoon. Rick was at Sprint for over 4 hours getting us new phones. Sunday we went geo-caching and then we all went to Green Bluff (pumpkin patch) and the girls had a ball. Another nice day today. Sunny and mid 60's! I guess it's the last day to be sunny. Rain expected the rest of the week.

Poirot - so glad you're feeling better. You have suffered a long time with that cold.

Kat - I hope you feel better soon too.

Muzz - do you like the new hours? I like to go early and get off early.

Manda - good luck with your Girl Scout meeting. My daughter had to go to her first one this last Saturday and it was almost 3 hours long.

Noel - I sure hope your Orkin man got there. I hope your later shift today is a good one.

Have a great day everyone!

Shan - I think my first meeting was 3 hours for the initial training as well. Glad you had a fun weekend.

RS - I think I have you beat on the whisks. I have 5 different stainless steel whisks (different sizes and shapes, one of which is kid sized, and 1 for mixing in a tall glass) and 2 nylon whisks, one a "normal shape" and one flat one for making sauce & gravy. Your poor brother. What a miserable flying experience.

Robin - I hope work slows down for you.

Good morning. A sleepless night. Finally got to doze off at 5:00 a.m., then I started getting awful cramps in my feet and legs. Dozed off and on until 8:00. So glad you got more though, Poirot. It does seem the body just has to do that after so many days.

I probably won't get much done today. As always, there's lots I need to do. Haven't been to Wal-Mart in a couple of weeks so I'd like to get a few things from there but I don't want to leave the house for a day or so, until the electric company's contractor gets here to clear out trees from under their lines that lead up to near the front of our yard (we've buried all the lines inside the yard). They've been working their way in this direction for weeks and should be here soon. I'd told them in the beginning they could clear out a lot of the trees but I was assuming they would doze them and smooth it off so it could be mowed, as they'd done in the past.

It's been many years and they have apparently come up with a new plan, judging from what I've seen of their work up the way. They are cutting off the trees, leaving stumps, in some cases, pretty high ones, then covering the low ones with the shavings from cutting down the trees. It is the biggest, ugliest mess I've ever seen! It doesn't matter when it's out in the pasture where no one sees it but I don't want to look out my front windows and door and see this kind of mess everyday. With the big stumps left, you wouldn't even be able to mow the area, and where the stumps are mesquites, they will just sprout out and make thick brush. I don't know who came up with a plan like this but they need to rethink.

I wrote most of this post before noon but got interrupted. Wishing all of you a good day. I think I'm going to get dressed now and go look for the tree butcherers.

I am back home now, took more stuff to put away in the new place, but did not get it all done. So, have to be careful what I take next, I just get so tired. I think I need a chair there, so I can sit for a spell. LOL I have no energy right now, none at all, so I cannot pack anything. I want to start emptying drawers in the kitchen, did 2 in bathroom. Problem is getting out of breath so quickly.

Just for the record, Robin, I have ONE, count it, just one whisk. LOL

A chair, or two, is mandatory at the destination house. My director's chair lives in my car's trunk. :)

Had an inspector-required tree trimming, today. Two men were at it for 4 hours. One of them was climbing all over the tree, attached to safety ropes. It was interesting, but chilly, to watch them. When I got back home, I was plumb tuckered, despite the fact that I'd done very little work.

Had a hard time getting a tree cutter to answer his phone, or show up; they all seem very busy. Was surprised to find out why they are so busy in the fall: People want trees cut down before they drop their leaves! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Muzza, saw "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" on tv, years ago. Caught it somewhere in the middle, and the first thing I asked myself was, "What is this?" Some of the scenes looked kind of interesting, so sometime later, I watched the entire thing. Different, but pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
A. Guy, it's hard for me to imagine trees that big. Nothing like that around here. When I loved in northeastern PA back in the 1970s, I was in awe of how tall the trees were.

There are some very large trees, near homes. They are scary, but homeowners kick the removal can down the road because of the high cost of dropping them. Went to a yard sale, last summer. There was a huge trunk section laying on the ground; about 5 feet in diameter, and 25 feet long. I guess the homeowners had it left behind, anticipating some kind of creative use for it. She said that anyone who wanted it, could have it. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Wish that I had snapped a photo; don't think I could find the place, again.

Back