10-17-18 - Donuts & Birthday Cake

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone, and special birthday wishes going out to Lil0 !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOIS !

happy-birthday-lois-3.jpg

From the tips of the Rocky Mountains to the great plains east. From the Great Lakes to the L'Anse Aux Meadows of Newfoundland. And from the house of Windsor to the house of Lil0. Please excuse the Queen as she couldn't be here. The house of Windsor is dealing with this Samantha Markle situation and just showing up unannounced.

On behalf of Queen Lizzie, but not quite as famous as a certain Lizzie in the New World of America, who I hear had a certain, shall I say pleasure to whacking, the 4 corners of the Commonwealth take pause to celebrate the gift that was bestowed on this world many..........ahem.................moons ago with the birth of Lil0.

On this day in 1907, the first transatlantic wireless service between Glace Bay, Nova Scotia and Clifden, Ireland took place.

1963 Lil0 met a certain Beatle (she can relay what occurred in that meeting) which led to the The Beatles recording, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" , in honour of that meeting.

And today, in 2018, you share the day that Canada made something legal, so please accept this gift of magical brownies. Please enjoy responsibly.

Happy Birthday from Canada, the Commonwealth and on behalf of all the Windors.

Last edited by a moderator:
:clap:Aww, thanks you guys. I'm honoured. Wow! Canada is really celebrating my birthday in a special way. Ha!!! Thanks for the brownies, Muzz.
And thanks for that beautiful and sweet cake, RS. I love red roses.
Looks like another sunny day here, so Falcon and I will get in a couple of walks. I'll try to remember to take my phone with me and get some pictures of the harbor to share with you. Every day when I walk there I think about how very lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place.
Wishing you all a lovely day.

Ah, Kat you posted while I was writing. Thanks!!!! I have used those candles a few times.

Capture.JPG
Happy birthday Lil0....... I hope you have a good day with friends and family.......

I'm doing better today..... it was a rough one of many demands yesterday.......all my own dang fault.....

Tonight is Bonsai... I may or may not make the meeting..... depends on Costco Pharmacy and how busy they are..... if I have to wait too long I'll just head home.....

Yesterday I got home and the van, dog and HB were GONE!!!! HB wanted to get his hair cut and his barber didn't have time on Saturday but did yesterday so the guys piled in the van and off they went.... has HB been cleared to drive....... he's a guy.... do they need to be cleared????

Happy Wednesday....

Happy Birthday Lil0!!! (not sure how young you are, so please ignore the 60th on the cake)

th

Cool and rainy again.

Our office will be moving to our own building in a few weeks and we are gearing up for that, I cant wait!!

A beautiful day to all!

Not sure is this is the right forum to post but... look what I found.

Deidre Hall (Marlena) makes an appearance around the 5:50 mark and Gloria Loring (Liz Chandler) is around the 6:30 mark. It is dated 1985. Fun to watch the fashion from than. After watching I have to say Jaclyn Smith will always be a 'angel' and Lynda Carter has always been a beautiful woman.

Happy Birthday Lilo! I hope you have an awesome day and yes you do live in one of the most beautiful areas of the pacific northwest!

It is just a gorgeous day here - I keep pinching myself and wondering how we got so lucky. We took a long bike ride last night and the little knats are out so thick we had to wear sun glasses and of course I couldn't keep my mouth shut and swallowed one!

Have a great day

Finally able to get on here, unexpectedly busy day.......Oh, Lil0, hope you get to celebrate your special day all week. Also impressed with your construction abilities and determination in building your home. God Bless.

happy-birthday-image-3-min-1024x489.jpg

LOL. I'll take that 60, Jammers!! That Singer does look familiar. I'm 78 today.

I thought you were over 60 but wasn't sure how much. As everyone has said, your activity level makes you sound much younger. As they say, you are only as old as you feel....some days I am a toddler and some days I have one foot in the grave, lol.

Happy, happy birthday, Lil0. I thought I was the only woman who doesn't mind telling my age. I figure it's futile to try to fool anybody. I love seeing all the cakes and hearing what Muzz comes up with for birthdays. Hope all the greetings from here helped to make your day a good one!

My company came before I had a chance to post this earlier today. We visited all afternoon, then they took me to town for dinner at a Mexican restaurant and brought me back again before they left for their hotel room. They'll be back tomorrow if the roads are passable. They were full muddy tonight. We've had an inch of rain since last night.

Back