10-20-2017 - Donuts and a New Outfit?

K

ktspirit

Good morning. I've been up for a few hours. One of those sleepless nights with aching joints, plus I wanted to see if I could catch some of the Orionid meteor shower. It peaks overnight tonight, between midnight and dawn, but I gave it a try this morning.

I had to post this after all the recent talk about rags for new clothes, lol. Should I get a pair of the "deconstructed jeans"? Naw, I'd probably be disowned by everyone I know and don't know. :rotfl:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wil...-wear-barely-ankle-strap-jeans-161556565.html

Take care folks.

You just might have gotten arrested! The model has leotards on because there is really nothing there. Sort of looks like attacked by a mountain lion, clawed to nothing. LOL

Good morning, another busy day for me, I would rather do nothing, and just rest all day, but that is impossible.

Morning all.

I'd love to come and give ya a hand Poirot and just let you sit back and give me direction as to what needs to get done. I'll even give ya a pointing stick to point me in the right way or tap on the floor if I'm not putting items in the right box.

Kt - Did you see much this morning? Did I ever tell you my great uncle was an a priest but also an astronomer? He discovered a cascade of stars that was named after him called Kemble's Cascade.

JS - Great way to stay in shape.

Not much going on today. I have my mid year review and I completed all of the team's mid year reviews yesterday. Actually I have one more to go but she keeps calling in sick. An attempt to avoid this I think as it is not going to be the best one. I've been really bothered by what read in the paper yesterday and today but at the same time proud of what others did.

I read about a bunch of teenagers who emigrated to Canada from Syria and now settled and live and go to school in in New Brunswick, went to watch their classmates and athletes play football. Everything was going fine until the other school's fans started getting belligerent with the kids and saying just horrible things to them. Word started to spread down the bleachers of what was going on and next thing you know people were standing up and chanting, "Don't be racist"!! to the teens that were bullying and telling them to go back to their country. Those idiot kids were chanted right out of the stands.

Canada is their country and home now and so many of these families just want to be happy and not have to worry about where the next bomb is going to be dropped, where the next bullet is going to hit, will I make it to school alive today. So many things kids who were bullying take for granted and all these kids wanted to do was integrate themselves with other kids, participate in what the other kids are doing, be a part of things that people do in Canada.

Sometimes I hear my father say some things that just aren't politically correct and surprises me given our family history and when he makes these kind of incorrect statements I have asked him what his life would've been like if his grandparents didn't escape Germany in the late 1800's. All they wanted was to build a life for themselves, safe from danger and came to Canada. Just because that was so long ago doesn't mean that the same doesn't hold true for families from war torn countries and countries that have terrorist ties trying to escape that life and come here.

Anyway, sorry for my rant. It is just so shameful when these things occur and people start shouting out horrible things when they have not even taken a minute to wonder what the kids and their families might have gone through to get here and not taken any time whatsoever to maybe say hello and find out a bit about them .

Okay....I'm done. I have to stop cause I could write about this at length.

Tomorrow night we are going to the REAL going away party for our friends and have rehearsal on Sunday. Just as I said, I went to the first rehearsal on Wednesday night and before I left I said to my husband that the kids are going to be so excited that they will already have memorized their lines and sure enough, my two kids in the show know their lines. Looks like I'm goin gto have to step it up to keep up with them.

Have a good day and weekend everyone. Be kind to each other.

Morning Everyone,

KT - I saw that article yesterday and I wondered who in their right mind would really wear jeans like that and why would anyone even bother to "design" them. Enjoy the meteor shower tonight.

Poirot - I truly hope that the rest of the move goes smoothly for you. Is your son able to help anymore this weekend?

JS- oh my, that house with all those steps would be a nightmare. I'm sure it was lovely, but that's way too many steps especially once the snow and ice blow in.

Muzz - kudos to the kids who stood up to the bullies.

My house is ready for the last visit from the exterminator. The exterminator himself said that most houses are good after 3 treatments, extreme cases need a 4th, but he's never had to go back for a 5th.

So starting this weekend we can finally start to unbag all the clean laundry and put it away. Then work our way through the stuff that has been patiently waiting to get down, like the extra linens, off season clothes, and Gena's poor stuffed animals. She'll be so happy to have all her stuffies back. I'll be glad to get the house back to normal.

Have a wonderful day.

Home again today. I'm feeling better. My eyes watered all day yesterday
and last night. I think that's stopped for now. Goldie and I walked around
three times this morning.

kt, I think I'll skip the fashion jeans. Why bother wearing clothes if they look
like that?

Poirot, take care packing today.

manda, good luck on this being your last bug treatment.

Muzzaman, thanks for the story.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

Morning all.

Last night fell asleep reading. Son came in and woke me up, so I think I said goodnight and then headed off to bed, where I went right back to sleep. Then I was awoken by the sound of RAIN. We had been told by the weather guessers that it would rain on Thursday. Didn't get rain at Apple Hill but it was very Fall-like, and fun. Today is a movie and cookie baking. Tomorrow is the Halloween party. So many things still to get ready. But time will expand so it will get done.

Manda - fingers crossed the vampire bugs, their eggs, larva and associated family members all meet their doom today.

Poirot - like others I wish I was close enough to help.

Have a great Friday all.

Good Friday Morning!

Just home from a long over night work shift and ready to collapse into bed. That seems weird when in a little over an hour it will be noon here. Tomorrow is my last over night shift for this month and I am very grateful! I may look awake but it is all a fake out!

Poirot & Kat: sure hope you both heal completely this weekend!

KT: those so-called jeans are :eek:

Manda: hurray for a vampire free house tomorrow!

YPG: we are all attention seekers when young so you might have a lot of company.

Muzza: enjoy your weekend.

Time for bed for me. Sweet dreams. Err, have a great day everyone.

KT - glad you're feeling better

Robin - movies and baking sounds like fun, enjoy!

Noel - sleep well!!

Hubby didn't find one new bug, dead or alive while moving furniture and stuff for the exterminator to get around the perimeter. So here's to hoping the nightmare is really over. And color me surprised, the new platform bed frame that we ordered from Walmart was delivered today. It wasn't supposed to arrive until Wednesday the 25th. I couldn't believe it when hubby called to tell me.

Hello. My niece and I were going to go driving around to look for our cows this morning but when I got to her house our fix-it man was there. She's been working for weeks at getting a campsite built for some of her hunters. It takes a lot of waiting to get different people to do all that has to be done. A space cleared of trees and brush, smoothed off and gravel added. Electric pole installed, wiring and RV hookups added, etc. It was a relief that Fix-It Man came today to do the electrical. Needs to be all ready by next weekend. So we didn't get to look for the cows, will wait until Monday for that. Clouds increasing and wind blowing here today. A good day to stay inside.

Thinking of A. Guy and his eye procedure. Hope it is all going well, A. Guy!

Kt - Did you see much this morning? Did I ever tell you my great uncle was an a priest but also an astronomer? He discovered a cascade of stars that was named after him called Kemble's Cascade.

That is too cool, Muzza! I would have loved stargazing with him. I saw plenty this morning, due to clear skies, but no meteors. I'll try again early tomorrow.

Has anyone ever seen the seed pods for trumpet vines? I've never noticed before, but they are very big. I had to look online to find out what they were. Here is a picture I took this afternoon:

trumpetvinepod.jpg

Hi all.....I was doing bookwork most of the day, which took me longer being interrupted so many times. Son was helping dad take stuff out of basement, and he has filled the dumpster we have, and there is NO garbage in it. 3 boxes of statements that should have been shredded last month and were overlooked. A big box of my bowling trophies went to the dump. And I kept being asked what is this, what is that, where should I put this or that. Grrrr. But, I did all I could do, and guess what. Somehow I did not file the corp. report for the state in June, so am delinquent there. And hubby says his license is due end of this month, and I cannot find the notice. Grrrrr.

I brought in a couple more boxes, as I think now I go after the kitchen drawers, you know, how you use it for something and other things find their way in. I have about 12 drawers in this kitchen. Ugh.

Hello all! Procedure is done, with the usual hospital hassles. It was good to get back home, at about 2:30 pm; napped for 4 hours. :) The doc put an air bubble in the eye, that will probably take about a week to go away. Back to the hospital at 8:30 am Saturday for a post-op follow-up.

The main annoyance was that after all the conferencing with many staff persons, including a lengthy discussion with a very nice anesthesiologist, there was still some pain during the surgery. Will question one of the doctors about this in the morning. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All that said, I am blessed by having access to a premier eye center, and doubly blessed by having prayerful, and well-wishing, friends! :love:

AGuy, we are blessed to have a great friend like you! Too bad about the pain and inconvenience but grateful procedure appears successful. Prayers still coming.

Back