10/21/16 - Donuts and Breakfast Pizza

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Very chilly today, although I did not check the temperature. I was too busy trying to find the outcome of the Cubs game last night. Thankfully they won.

The girls loved making bracelets last night and were all completely astonished that the Girl Scout Founder would sell her set of expensive pearls to fund the very first Girl Scout Troop. The mini-cupcakes I found were a hit. Plus even better news, we had another girl join our troop last night, we're now up to 5, and possibly will be getting a 6th member soon. Yay!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Good morning,

Overcast here--they say thunderstorms tonight, and a major cool down at that time, but for the high will be 76F. I just have my Spanish class this morning; have work this afternoon/evening, and it's payday! I'll cash the check tomorrow--Lord knows I need money in my checking account. Nothing else much planned.

Tomorrow is the Harry Potter festival in the Chestnut Hill neighborhood, so we'll probably take the kids there. I have a TON of homework this weekend, which leaves me partially hoping I'm not scheduled to work for Sunday, but I'll need to double check the schedule tonight.

Have a good day.

Manda, that's so exciting, to hear you will be getting one, maybe two, new members for your scout group! I'm glad the meeting was fun last night. Refreshing to hear the little girls were impressed by the founder's sacrifice.

Degrassi, don't go too wild, with all that money! :rotfl:

Wimp weather report: It is 47* here this morning, first time this season for us to get below 50*. It is down to 74* in my living room and I'm sitting here freezing! I have a heavy throw around my neck. I could easily push the heat button but I'm trying to see if I can go through October without turning it on, just because I don't think I've ever done that before. I don't have much determination on this so I doubt I'll make it. My electric bill will not change too much, one way or the other, so there's little motivation to endure any discomfort.

Good morning. A crispy 30 at 8 a.m., but is now up to 43. LOL Mandy, how is the eviction going?

Daysdg, you have a lot going on.....bet you look forward to the Thanksgiving break. As far as thunderstorms......that is a wait and see thing, for sure. We did have some jim dandy ones, so who knows?

Off to throw a load of towels into the washer, did most of the bookwork, just a bit more.

Good Morning All!

It's another hot, dry, sunny day in the Valley of Sun. I dream of cool days and a White Christmas. Dream on, right?

Manda: congrats on the great news that more girls will be joining your group! That is wonderful and a testimony to your hard work and creative thought in activities.

Days: enjoy the Harry Potter festival. It sounds like fun at any age.

OC: I never use heat in the winter here; but I do sit with a throw on the rare occasions our temperatures drop below 70. Proud of you for giving it a try. And really isn't it a relief after those long hot and dusty summer days?

Poirot: You are very productive today. I hope that inspires me tomorrow to do mine! Enjoy the rest of your day.

Oh, work is calling. Have a great Friday everyone.

Refreshing to hear the little girls were impressed by the founder's sacrifice.
- Most of the girls in our troop joined through the Girl Scout Scholarship program, so they know what it means to share and work hard towards a goal, and sometimes give up things they really want, because they just don't have the money.

Stay warm, OC.

DaysD - You sound even busier than I am. :) Enjoy the festival, I'm jealous.

Noel - have a great day at work.

Poirot - you poor thing stay warm. We go to court on Monday at 1:30 for the eviction hearing. So far the guy and his squatter girlfriend are still up there, with no signs of them leaving. I'll keep you posted as to what happens on Monday.

Good Morning all.

When I lived in Sacramento, the rule was the furnace was not turned on until November 11th. The winter gas fee changed with the company on November 10th. The price of turning on the burner was halved if we waited until the 11th. Then I got a wood stove insert for the fireplace as a gift, and I'd purchase wood and we'd heat the house with wood. Can't do that anymore because wood smoke is a pollutant and the fines are high.

I am leaving at Zero Dark thirty tomorrow and making the 15 hour drive to Sacramento, so I'll check back in on Sunday. Meeting with my tax man, eye doctor, and accountant. I'm going to try to make sure my vast estate is easy for my boys to take over when I pass so they don't have the hassles I'm having. Seems to be the least I can do.

DaysD - good luck with your weekend plans.

Happy Friday.

A cooler morning here. Only a few butterflies visiting today. Another busy morning
helping my friend at the high school. She and the teacher she shares room with have gotten
new books
for the students. I'm entering them in the computer. There are other books
I'll be entering too . Then each book will get labeled.

manda, I'm glad you're getting new members to the Girl Scout troop. Good
luck, on Monday.

robin, safe trip this weekend.

DaysD, enjoy the Harry Potter festival. I'm glad you can take some time off
for fun and not have to study.

OC, good luck not turning on your furnace this month.

Noel, I hope it cools down soon where you live.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

Hello everyone. I had a busy morning with an appointment and several errands to run. One errand was having something notarized at the bank. When I showed my driver's license, the notary pointed out it expired last month. Oops.

I'm having the wimp weather, too, OC. Yesterday was 90* and today the high is to be 77* and a low of 48*. That's a drastic change for me, lol.

Take care.

Manda - pizza for breakfast -- Yum! Been years since I have done that! Congrats on another girl.

DaysD - you sound like my daughter. Last night she came by after class 9:30pm and said just 7 more weeks and this quarter is over! Friday and payday doesn't get much better!

OC - we have had to turn the heat on since the beginning of October! We would have frozen by now.

Noel - When my parents wintered in Yuma my Mom would always say it's hot but it's a dry heat! LOL

Robinsnest - enjoy the drive and good luck on the estate paperwork!

KT - I thought of you last night around 11:00pm when I went out to see if maybe just maybe I could see some stars but nope - pretty cloudy! So sad

Have a great day - my Friday has been really busy

Hi everyone. Another cold rainy day here. We've had over 4 inches of rain in 18 hours, but my basement is still dry. That's amazing.

I haven't gotten much accomplished even though I'm finally back to my usual 3 day weekends. I really need to get caught up with my cleaning. The sweeper has been sitting in the corner of the livingroom for 3 weeks.

Amanda, thank you for being a positive influence for the little girls. Scouting was a great activity and learning experience for me.

My furnace is currently set at 69*, and has been coming on about every 45 minutes. I guess it is all about the temperatures that our bodies get used to. When my brother comes from the California desert, I always have to have a jacket with me for him to put on at the airport. He keeps a stash of heavier clothes at my house since he can't take the night time temps.

RS - I believe you are correct about what we get used to. We haven't turned the furnace on yet this fall (it's set at 60*) and as a matter of fact, still have the air conditioners in the windows. I think the nighttime lows have been getting down to the mid to upper 30's here. Last night I even turned Gena's air conditioner on in fan mode to pull in cool air for her, as her bedroom is super stuffy, and the white noise helps her sleep.

The windows we put in a few years ago, keep the temps between 64-69 in our house without the furnace on. Let me say this is a miracle considering our house is 130 years old.

If the temperature inside my house ever got down to 60*, I would have to go to bed and pile on covers! The only time it would ever be allowed to get below 70* is if the electricity goes out. Squirrel, does someone need to come and wring you out? That's way too much rain you've had in a short time!

My house is nearly 80 years old, and I can say the same thing about windows. We had new ones installed a few years ago and it has made such a difference. Not only for temperature control but it shuts out sounds too, which isn't necessarily a plus in my case. We never hear when a car drives up, and I miss hearing the coyotes and birds.

Kt, I thought of you last night too. I didn't go outside but I went around to all my big windows in the sunroom, looking out for the falling stars (meteor showers or whatever), but I didn't see any. Didn't wait too long though. It was too cold and windy outside for me. Whoa, glad you caught the driver's license expiration. I've done that with car registration and/or inspection, but not D.L.

Kat, you are working behind the scenes at the library and may not get much recognition, but you are doing a good service for the people of your community. The library was so important for me and my youngest son, as it is with for so many children and adults alike.

I won't be going to the festival tomorrow after all--too much homework. I will be sleeping in though and go to the gym when I am ready to take a break. I have to put my health first.

Back