10-5-17 - Donuts and a Haircut

Morning all.

Hey OC, I'm getting a few of my hairs cut today too. I proclaim today as Hair Cut Thursday.

Other than that, not much going on. Working from home today. I feel like I got hit by a truck. Sore and achy. I got a flu shot yesterday so I'm blaming that for today. If it lingers beyond today, I'll find something else to blame.

Happy Thursday.

Good morning all. Donuts sure is slow. I expected most folks would've checked in by now.

I was back at the college preschool lab this morning. We had a few who cried since the kids were all 3 years old.

Woohoohoo! I have a 4 day weekend starting when I get off work today. I'll pay for it, though. The 3 work days next week will be brutal since I have to work in 4 very rural school districts in my northern county.

OC - I hope you have time for a little pampering when you get your hair cut. I love getting a shampoo because it relaxes me so much.

Amanda - Have a good meeting tonight with the girls. Thank you for being such a good mentor for them.

Robinsnest - I hope you feel better. Remember to drink plenty of fluids. Oh, look who I'm telling that to. You live in the desert so you have to do that all of the time. Bad squirrel.:whack:

A very busy day in the nursery. A discharge always brightens my days. The look of relief on a parents face is memorable.

Another hot dry day in the Valley of the Sun. We should reach 100 today. :sick:

OC - a little pampering and relaxing for you is past due. Hope you love your new hair style and enjoy socializing at the salon.

Manda - it is a great lesson to teach first aid to the girls. It will empower them to know they can help someone should the need arise.

Robin - your reaction sounds fairly typical when our immune system builds new antibodies. The same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago post flu shot. It only lasted 2 days but you can also blame this relentless triple digit heat.

Squirrel - congrats on your long weekend. Squeeze as much fun into each day so it makes next week easier to endure. At least that works for me.

Poirot - I am thinking and praying for you daily.

Tomorrow is Friday. Rejoice!

Noel - Aww, sending those precious babies home with their mom and dad must be one of the best things in the world. Having gone to school to be an EMT (emergency medical technician, for anyone who's not familiar with the abbreviation) first aid is near and dear to my heart. Of course, I don't work in that field, but deep down my heart still misses the medical field.

Robin - feel better

Squirrel - Enjoy the long weekend while you can. Next week sounds terrible for you.

Aww, sending those precious babies home with their mom and dad must be one of the best things in the world.

Manda, it truly is a joy. And kudos to championing our first responders. Your knowledge may save a life or prevent severe injury because you had the education & training for rescue. You are definitely the woman to pass it on to young girls. Bravo.

Happy Thursday Morning everyone.

It's going to be a sunny 71* today and with the showers we had last week, my lawns are green again! Amazing how fast they turned from straw colored to green again!! :) I'm going to lunch tomorrow with our friend Susan, the lady blacksmith from Fort Vancouver where Harry worked for 25 yrs. They were partners as blacksmiths there. She has taken me out for lunch once a month since Harry passed 2 years ago. She's a real sweetheart!! I always look forward to her visits as she's a lot of fun.

OC, I hope you have a good time having your haircut today. Sometimes, just getting away from the house is a good thing!

Noel, it must be so exciting to see one of your little babies getting to go home with their mom and daddy! You have a very rewarding job!.:clap:

Robin, I hope you feel better soon. I have to get my flu shot the 16th when I go have my defibrillator checked.

Manda, have a good meeting with the girls tonight.:)

Squirrel, Enjoy your time off and get lots of rest so you're in good shape when you go back to work!

Hugs to you all.

OC - I hope you got in a little relaxation with your haircut.

Manda - enjoy this evening. It's so rewarding to work with the girls.

Robinsnest - I sure hope your're not sore & achy from the flu shot. We have to get ours also and they always tell us you can't get sick from the flu shot.

Squirrel - I'm so jealous of your 4 day weekend. Enjoy, you sure work hard enough for it.

Noel - you are a saint! I remember the wonderful feeling it was to bring my daughter home one time from the NICU and what wonderful nurses she had.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi all, sorry ...just feeling worse today still not getting enough sleep, nor can I sleep in bed. So it is the recliner, or sofa. am draggin all days. I I used to be able to e-mail my doc, but today when I tried, $40 charge, and they want my credit card info. $40 for an e-mail? Give me a break. All I wanted was to ask if he could renew my cough medicine. Boy, was I ticked! My nose is running like a faucet that won't turn off, I cough and cough and cough some more.

Hope you are are having better days.

Shan: I'm sure those NICU nurses rejoice still today that your daughter is strong and healthy. Wishing you a lovely afternoon and evening.

Poirot: my new doctor uses an electronic portal too. Who pays for this stuff? The sick patient! :angry: So sorry you are so sick and exhausted without a refill. Thinking of you.

Just another day here with going to school library, walking dog and reading
my Bible lessons. Sunday school lesson is done, but more to do.

Poirot, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. I know you won't, but you need to
take a day of rest for yourself.

newt, enjoy your lunch tomorrow.

OC, I hope you got your haircut today.

manda, I hope you have a good Girl Scout meeting.

robin, feel better.

rs, do you have big plans for your four day weekend? Enjoy.

Noel, great news about a baby going home.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Back