10/6/17 - Donuts and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

M

Muzzaman

Good morning, all. It's been a slow week with not much going on. It's our Thanksgiving this weekend so passing along the sentiment to all of you. We have few plans this weekend so it is wide open for anything. It is supposed to be 19*C (66.2*F) so we plan to take the Thunderbird out for a cruise and go for dinner in a nearby town then come home and finish painting our kitchen.

We may take a spin out to Banff and do a hike or just a drive through the mountains. My mother usually has a thanksgiving dinner but she is visiting one of my sisters and her family in Saskatchewan. Phew. We got out of Thanksgiving dinner this year. We mostly just celebrate Christmas.

We sold our tent trailer last weekend and are possibly going to buy a new one on Sunday so if we do we will hook it up and take it down to my sisters acreage and store it there over winter. The one we are looking at will be much newer and lighter than our 1984 Star Craft tent trailer and less wear and tear on our vehicle.

Have a great weekend everyone and give a bit of thanks for things that good in your life.

Good morning......very foggy here, Am still sick, bad night again, but just a tad better than the night before. I have already gone through two boxes of tissues, can't believe my head & chest could possibly contain all that is coming out, Enough of that, Have not been able to pack anything up, make any trips to town, so am behind. Ugh.

Muzza, actually you sound like a lovely weekend coming up for you. Envy here. :)

canthanksgiving.gif

Good Morning Friends,

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Muzz! Sounds like a lovely weekend for you.

Poirot - So sorry that you are still under the weather. Hope this cold clears up for you soon.

Tonight is the annual Sock Hop at Gena's school, so we'll be spending the evening in the gym listening to obnoxiously loud music. But she'll love every minute of it and I'll try to get her to stand still long enough to get a picture or 2. She picked out a pretty new rainbow dress for the dance. Thank goodness for the clearance rack. I though the dress was going to be $16 plus tax, but color me surprised when it rang up at $8. Apparently they had a 50% off all clearance items last weekend. Yippee.

Girl Scouts went very well. The girls practiced making some pretend 911 calls to each other and played a game of is it a real emergency or not by hopping to opposite sides of the room for emergency or not an emergency, while I read off different scenarios.

Have a great day everyone!

Oh Poirot, sorry you are still sick. If you were closer I'd bring you some homemade chicken soup in the slow cooker my husband made this week. Even if I sent it express post, it might not have much shelf life in it.

Manda - Have fun at the sock hop and maybe bring your own headsets, pop in some 80's and have your own dance. LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving, Muzz.

Poirot - I wish there was something I could do for you other than offer my sympathies and hopes you feel better soon.

Manda - sock hop away. Good idea doing the "mock" 911 calls. If any one of the girls should ever need to make a call, they may not be so frightened having "done" so before.

I am happy to report while the injection site and arm are still tender, the rest of me feels so much better. And OC, I did break down and get all of my hairs cut, not just the one or two that were annoying me.:)

It's a Friday of a 3 day weekend for me, so whoo hooo! 8 hours left till the weekend.

Good afternoon to all. Happy Thanksgiving, Muzz. I recall that years ago while staying at a vacation place in southern Quebec on Lake Memphremagog, some of the guests from Montreal were looking forward to returning for the Thanksgiving holiday. The weather here is unseasonably warm, but still pleasant. It's sort of a payback for all the sweltering days last summer. This means that the TV weather mavens don't get to say we're "dealing" with some sort of weather event.

Woo Hoo Friday!

Our temperatures were lowered to under triple digits for the next 10 days! That makes me happy and gives hope Autumn cool breezes will finally find their way here before Thanksgiving. And it is Friday!

Muzza: wishing you a beautiful day and weekend!

canadi.gif

Poirot: oh, my woman! Hope you just forget the to-do list and focus on yourself!! Thinking and praying for you and hoping when each one of your children arrive they can help you 'catch up' so you are not worried about items to be completed.

Manda: very happy Gena enjoyed the sock hop and the 911 practice was so beneficial to all the girls. Hope your weekend is also a very good one. Any news on your husbands job interview?

JS: you do share Muzza's soup with the rest of us, right? [wink]

Robin: glad you are feeling better and are ready to celebrate on your long weekend. Have fun!

DrBaker: isn't it always a relief when the weather people can only point to the map and basically same "same as always". Wishing you a good weekend.

Very busy day. Wishing all of you a smooth & easy Friday!

Today sunny and in the low 80s. I'm sure I'll put on AC on later.

I went to town today looking for a job. I guess I didn't hear the voicemail someone
left me correctly because I didn't go to the right place. I did get to Dollar Tree and
read their sign for next Wed. They will be doing a nationwide hiring that day. I'll
be there. The clerk gave me an application so I can fill it out before I go.
I spent an hour in the flowerbed when I got home.

Happy Thanksgiving, Muzzaman. Enjoy your weekend.

robin, I hope you'll enjoy your three day weekend.

Poirot, I hope you'll be able to slow down a little over the weekend to start
feeling better. Remember helpers are coming.

manda, I hope Gena enjoys her dance tonight.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day.

Good afternoon everyone. Was supposed to go to lunch with a friend, but her appointment went super long, and I have an appointment soon to get my flu shot. Oh well, we'll have to try again. We seldom have the same days off, and her weekends are super busy with her teenage son's soccer games. He's trying to get a scholarship.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, MUZZA!

Poirot - I hope you start feeling a lot better. This virus is supposed to last 2 weeks with about a month more to get your strength back.

Amanda - That's a great way to teach the girls about emergencies and 911.

JS - I can meet you half way with homemade wedding soup, but it'll be ice cold by then.

Robinsnest - Doesn't it feel great after a haircut?! I'm glad you're feeling better.

DrBakerFan - Weather folks can be infuriating when they make a mountain out of a mole hill. I'd rather have them say that nothing new is going on.

Noel- I know you're happier with "cooler" weather. Under triple digits is still too hot for me.

Kat - Sending good vibes that you get the job when you go back next week.

Last edited:
Squirrel: what a disappointment to have your luncheon appointment cancelled but hopefully you'll both find another day that works before the holidays. Glad you are getting the flu shot for extra protection. Whatever your plans are for this weekend, I hope you get some rest and have a great deal of fun!

Any news on your husbands job interview?
Unless they called him today, we haven't heard a word from the one last week or the one from this week. Last week's interviewer promised to call back on Monday either way, the one from this week said she'd let him know by Thursday. So frustrating.

RS - sorry you weren't able to have lunch with your friend.

Kat - hope your interview next week goes well.

The fog cleared off, but the sun has yet to appear. We do have rain in forecast, but unlike those NY station, our just do not dwell on the bad stuff (including snow) that comes from the skies. LOL

So, one of my daughters bailed on us, got an e-mail this a.m. that she won't be able to come. It figures.

My doc sent a prescription in for some cough medicine for me, and a friend is picking it up. Gotta say, not water, juice, coffee, tea, will stop the coughing when it starts. Last night, hubby was ready to take me to the hospital it was so bad, and so LONG.......

Muzza, gotta tell ya, all I really want is some home made chicken soup. Used ours all up (in the freezer) a couple months ago, usually I then make it again, but did not. Settled the other day for Campbell's. Ireally have no appetite for anything.......I start choking on anything with lots of crumbs, etc. Or Lunchmeat. I do NOT want to have to cook, but have to say, the slection of frozen dinners is just not appetizing at all. Ha. And you are right, doubt the soup would survive the mails. :) Thanks for the thought.

Good afternoon. I spent yesterday running errands. One of the errands was getting something notarized at the bank. I put the letter in the mailbox this morning, but it was not picked up by the carrier. Since I don't get much mail, the old carrier would still check for a flag on my mailbox, but is not apparently on this route anymore (she was the treat wagon for Remmy, lol). I'll have to call the local post office about carrier again. She has missed me before.

Robin, my husband used to always make some wisecrack about all the other hairs, when I'd say I was getting a haircut. I like mine this time. Hope you like yours too.

We're in the process of trying to get a motorized chair for the husband. The man came today to measure doorways and such. Sure hope it works out. I don't think I will try to get him up the ramp again in his wheelchair again. The past two times, it took me over an hour of resting to get my strength back after doing it. He's heavy and I'm frail.

Poirot, I'm so, so sorry your daughter can't make it. You're in one of those situations where things look impossible. I pray God will make a way, and will also bring wellness for you.

Poirot - I sure wish I was a little bit closer to you, I'd come up and help you out for sure. I'd also bring you some of the magic chicken dumpling soup from one of the local restaurants. When I'm sick it's the only thing I want. Well, that and lime Jell-o. I'd make it from scratch, but that's one soup I don't make very well.

Muzz - Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you enjoy your cruise in the T-Bird!

Poirot - So sorry you're sick. I'm sure the stress of getting every thing done to move doesn't help either.

Manda - Have fun this evening at the dance. Those dances are so much fun!

Robin - So glad you're feeling better. I haven't gotten my shot yet but maybe I shouldn't. I only have done it for the last few years because of the grandkids.

Noel - The Thanksgiving picture you posted is awesome. Makes me think of all the Thanksgivings we used to have before everyone went their different ways.

Kat - I ran into a friend of mine not to long ago and she was working at the dollar store and loved it. She said they had great benefits so good luck.

Squirrel - sorry about your lunch date. Enjoy your days off!

OC - Both my parents had the motorized chairs that were wonderful until they died, and you can't give them away. We posted cards at nursing home and doctors office, free motorized chair, we will deliver. Finally got a guy in Wenatchee that turned them into something. So sad.

I won't even tell you how long I sat on the computer this morning trying to get Garth Brooks tickets for my husband. Got them eventually. Nobody is that important to me. We figured he has 7 shows here so he will make 6 million dollars in 7 days!

Have a great day.

Poirot, your cold/flu sounds something like the one I had last spring. If so, it will take a while to run its course. Take care, and get well, soon!

You probably don't want to hear this, but is delaying your moving day an option that you would consider? I hope that your family will be able to help you through these stressful days.

Back