11/12/14 - Days pre-empted for me

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry folks, but NBC pre-empted the show because of coverage of two stranded window washers on the brand new World Trade center, and effort to rescue.

All I got to see was Eve calling JJ, she was coming over to his place, but Eric came to see her as she was leaving. And Paige came to visit JJ, bringing him a calendar she made of pics of them together.
Theresa had her blood test, but results won't be in for an hour, Kayla said go to the Pub, I will come there with the report. Brady has apologized to Theresa for his comments, but she is ticked off at him. And Abby came to see Ben and reassure him that he is the guy for her. That is all I got.

Anyone else.....feel free to chip in.

Also....Daniel is on his way someplace, needs his keys, looks in pocket of that jacket JJ borrowed, finds a clip of money. And while Hope is reading that online report on Aiden, he walks in behind her and sees.

I typed this out in yesterday's summary thread, but here it is again for those who missed it:

Here is the text from the story Hope was reading online about Aiden:

Meredith Jennings was found dead in her home on Puget Sound this past weekend. The reports allege that she accidentally shot herself and died almost immediately. Her husband, now widower, Aiden Jennings, was found at the scene shielding his son from her body when the emergency crews arrived. Once the husband's sister took the boy home with her, Mr. Jennings was questioned by the police. He explained that the deceased owned a gun, had loaded it that night in the midst of an argument and threatened to commit suicide. Mr. Jennings claimed he attempted to wrestle the gun away from her, but in the tussle, she pulled the trigger, shooting herself.

Originally thought to be a prime suspect in her death, Mr. Jennings was released this morning after questioning and no charges were filed. This may seem shocking to some as the husband's prints were in fact found on the gun. In response to this evidence, Mr. Jennings assured the police that he tried to stop the bleeding and in doing so had to remove the gun from her hand.

So, I will try to help, as I didn't watch the whole thing. I'm sorry, I have this terrible (although useful for me otherwise I would quit watching altogether) habit of pressing FF to skip the parts I do not care about.

Theresa and Brady get to the Pub and have a drink. I'm guessing water or some type of clear soda. Nothing with alcohol. Brady offers Theresa something to eat, but she refuses, mentioning she was sick this morning (throwing up, I guess). A lot of talk, Brady reassuring Theresa that he won't let anyone push her out of their baby's life, all the while repeating IF Theresa is pregnant. They talk of Daniel and Chloe making it work together with Parker, so they can do too. Finally, Kayla arrives with the results. Theresa asks how far along she is, but Kayla says she's sorry, Theresa is not pregnant (surprise, surprise !). Brady looks angrily at Theresa.

Abigail and Ben do make love... that's all I got. Before that, though, Ben says he's happy about Abigail's job, as he wants HER to be happy.

Eric visits with Eve, talking about the photos, asking her if she's feeling better. Eve finally tells him about the fact she cannot have surgery, (of course, no mention of her and JJ ), that's why she was drinking like that in the square. She asks Eric to keep this to himself, as Eve has not told Theresa yet and since her sister is probably in some sort of drama herself, Eve can't deal with everything.

Paige comes over to JJ's house, everything seems hunky dory, she gives him the (lame) calendar of the two of them. They make out a little, JJ apparently very uneasy (again : surprise, surprise and... ewwwww !). Doorbell rings, it's Eve. She invents an excuse, saying she wanted to see Jennifer to give her an envelope of royalties delivered to her by mistake (she had taken the envelope on Jen's front entry desk and had put it in her purse) so she takes out the envelope and hands it to JJ. Paige is all giddy, this is a sign everything will be fine and she pushes Eve and JJ to go have a coffee with her at Club TBD. There, Daniel, runs into JJ, giving him back the money he left in his coat. Paige arrives and looks puzzled.

Hope and Aiden : they go in the park (where else), where Aiden tells about what happened between him and his wife. How they fought every day when Chase went to bed, but stayed together because of him, still. How his wife drank, threatened to kill herself, had a gun (a lot of holes there for me, as why would Aiden not take the gun away before the tragedy since his wife pulled it more than once, on him and on herself, though he claims before that night, it was not loaded.) During their last fight, his once again aimed the gun at her head, and when Aiden tried to get it out of her hand, she shot herself. (See article posted by Just Samantha). The last thing his wife said to him before dying was "I hate you". Aiden cries, so does Hope. After it's all over, Aiden says he can finally breathe, he can trust Hope, thanks her, kisses her, says he loves her and wants to be with her... now !

Sorry, that's all I remember.

Oh, wow, you all are great. I found another station.....and got to say, Daniel Cosgrove who plays Aiden gets the Oscar today. Wow.......as he tells Hope all that happened that night. How he & his wife were always fighting, staying together because of Chase, how hard it was for them, how she used alcohol to numb the pain of the fighting, always threatening to kill herself, or him. And then,that night, she actually loaded the gun, put it to her head, he tried to stop her, talking of Chase, she stopped only for an instant, then shot herself. He tried to stop the bleeding, was holding her, she looked up at him, her last words......"I Hate You".
Fabulous scenes.

Kayla comes into the pub at the end. Both Brady & Theresa have talked it over already, will raise the baby together, figure out how to do it, just like Daniel & Chloe have with Parker.......and then Kayla delivers the news. Theresa is not pregnant.

I am sorry guys, no way to do a whole summary today. Bless you all. thank you.

I realize using real world knowledge in Salem is futile and can cause headaches, but Theresa should still have hormone levels in her blood to give a positive and she should have something like her monthly "visitor". But given this is Salem I doubt either of those are being noticed.

Thank you everyone for the summary. I hope the window guys who caused the initial interruptions are okay. They were probably more compelling today than this show has been in years.

Paige came over to JJ's house with a gift. She made him a calendar with a different picture of them together for each month. JJ is touched, but also looking uncomfortable as he thinks about his romp with Eve.

He asks Paige why she's not at the hospital observing Daniel doing surgery. Paige flashes back to seeing Daniel in the jacket and seeing the jacket in her apartment. She starts to say Daniel's not the man she thought he was, but stops and says that Daniel doesn't need her underfoot.

Aiden tells Hope that he doesn't drink because of how his wife abused alcohol. He also brought Hope a pretty bouquet of pink and white flowers to apologize for being a jerk earlier in the day.

I realize using real world knowledge in Salem is futile and can cause headaches, but Theresa should still have hormone levels in her blood to give a positive and she should have something like her monthly "visitor". But given this is Salem I doubt either of those are being noticed.

Yes, we've commented that Theresa should be cramping and bleeding from the abortion procedure and that she'd still have pregnancy hormones in her body. But the DiMera Frankendoctors are miracle workers who apparently prevented all of that. :rolleyes:

I had the preemption too but here in the NY area the show was airing on COZI TV so I caught the final Hope and Aiden scenes in the park. Fabulous! Unfortunately I was also on a conference call until 1:45 so I'll need to rewatch this one again online.

The thing with that news interruption was......they did not have any news. So they were inventing conversation, saying the same things over and over, while a camera was on the dangling platform. The workers must have been able to adjust the cable or something, because eventually it was vertical instead of dangling down. No idea what happened tho, because after 45 min, they went to the Meridith Vierra show.

I would have started flipping channels to see if other networks had also broken in but I was tied up with that call unfortunately. Here in NY, the NBC Affiliate seems to like to break in at the first sign of anything newsworthy. More often than not they are the only network doing so.

It would seem that Dr. Mandrakenstein not only was able to transfer the fetus, but eliminate any evidence of her being pregnant, so, no bleeding, no stomach pains, hormones are normal, etc.etc. I suppose if he can make Kristen "receptive" in an hour, at her age and stage of life, he can perform other impossibilities as well, I did check, and both ABC and CBS also had broken in.....but I have no idea for how long.

Eve was in a Summer dress even though it was a nice dress. And Paige had on those hideous bell bottoms again.

Nice to see Kayla again though I don't know if she was on the entire episode. She is being well blended and utilized. Now let's get Joey back onscreen and a love interest for her and we are in business!

Again I only really saw the final scene with Hope and Aiden and it was superb however, I thought the "I love you" was a bit premature. I know it happens in real life but to my knowledge Aiden still doesn't know Hope's past. And based on the summaries, he really didn't tell her why he and Meredith were fighting just that they were.

JJ and Paige are on the Alice's couch, kissing, when JJ gets uncomfortable, gets up and says he has to grab something. He leaves the room and the doorbell rings. Paige says she'll get it, opens the door to find Eve. AWKWARD!

JJ walks into the room, sees Eve and asks "Miss Larsen" why she's there. Eve covers and says she came to see Jennifer because the publisher messed up and accidentally sent her Jennifer's royalty check. She gives an envelope to JJ and asks him to give it to Jennifer. (JJ explains Jennifer will be out of town for about a week).

Eve asks Paige why she's not at the hospital observing Daniel in surgery and Paige evades the question. She then says it was fate that Eve stopped by. She wants the three of them to go to lunch and talk and get along, with Eve and JJ looking like they'd rather go to the dentist for root canal.

Here in NY, the NBC Affiliate seems to like to break in at the first sign of anything newsworthy. More often than not they are the only network doing so.

I've set my DVR to record The Avengers on COZI from 1-2 along with DAYS on NBC in the hopes of being able to get the whole show, since this seems to be such a routine occurrence.

Thanks everyone for filling in the summaries!:hug:Paige really sounds so much like Jen that I would not object to this relationship ending because Paige turns out to actually be Jen's daughter. She is more likely than not going to assume that Daniel is paying JJ for not telling Paige that Daniel slept with her mother.

Paige, JJ and Eve go to Club TBD. Paige is Little Miss Cheerleader while JJ and Eve look miserable. Paige accidentally spills coffee on herself. Eve tells her to go to the restroom and sponge off the coffee and she'll take care of the stain when they get home. Paige asks Eve to come with her to make sure she does it right (seriously???) and they get up and head to the ladies room.

After the leave the table, Daniel walks into the club and sees JJ sitting at the table alone. (he was on his way to Jennifer's house to give JJ the money he accidentally left in the pocket of Daniel's jacket). Daniel is wearing the jacket that JJ borrowed (and that Paige saw in the apartment).

Daniel asks JJ who he's there with and JJ says "Eve and Paige". He explains that Paige wanted them to get together and start over and become friends. Daniel says "good luck with that" (sarcastically).

He then jokes that in case they stick him with the bill, here's something to help, the money JJ left in the pocket when he borrowed the jacket. As he says that and hands the money to JJ, Paige and Eve come back from the ladies room. Cue Paige's "deer in the headlights" look.

Back