11-17-17 - Donuts and House Cleaning

It's Friday! :clap:

Already work is a busy day and then tonight the family will see "The Star". Later my sister is fixing dinner for the kiddos while we have a 'date night' to watch Justice League.

By Saturday, I will want to rest but my to-do list includes cleaning, laundry, prepping for Thanksgiving, and planning decorating for Christmas the day afterwards.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend ahead of time.

OC: you beat me to it! [wink]

A cloudy, warm, windy day. Rags are washed and hanging outside. Hopefully,
they will dry.

I found out Thurs, my left walking shoe has most of the heel gone on the one
side. I figured out yesterday, Goldie walks mostly on my left side and pulls. Today
I wore my mom's hiking boots. I had to stop myself from pointing my left
foot to the left. It took me less time to walk around three times than it
usually does.

I need to get going. Haircut day. Then I'm doing my Sat shopping. Football
game early again tomorrow. It was a hassle driving by the stadium on my
way home last time it was.

OC, good luck on your cleaning.

Noel, enjoy your day and evening.

I hope everyone has a good Friday.

I have dusting to do and some cleaning. I hope to get most of it done between calls and support help as Hunny Bunny will be out doing his thing this morning. But best laid plans and all, it won't happen.

Grandson coming to visit tonight, so I need to put the finishing touches on baby proofing. I had hoped to be much further along but being out of two nights this week didn't help. Hunny Bunny was invited to a dinner with the sensei last night and I was his plus one. So much to do. I wish Mr. Gus had been his plus one.

Have a good day. I'll try to get back today to chat between sneezes and dust clouds. Haven't dusted all summer due to the dust storms we routinely get. It's a losing and pointless battle.

another gloomy day here, and wow, windy, which makes it nasty when you venture out. I finally bought myself a warm knit cap, one you pull down over your head and ears. Like I don't have enough hats, lolol. But it sure does work well.

Noel, if I was you, I would just concentrate on Turkey day, and when it is over (remember it is early this year), then take a day of rest, or maybe two, a couple deep breaths, even a nap.... and then you can think about Christmas. It is still 5 or 6 weeks away, there is NO rush.

Robin, doesn't it seem that when you get thru dusting, you have to start all over again? LOL OC, tis amazing what doesn't bother us day to day, but then someone is coming, we look around and go uh, oh. LOL. But truly is nice your family comes by to see you. You are lucky.

Good morning, good morning,

OC - Or just put your granddaughter to work :)

Noel - Have a great time at the play tonight.

Katmouse - Sounds like a nice and busy weekend filled with fun stuff. Have a great one.

Robinsnest - Have a nice time time with your grandson.

Poirot - Hope you starting to feel settled in to your new home.

JS - Whatch you takin about, Willis!!??!! While I'm sure they sounds beautiful together, it's too early for Christmas music. :) I heard and like the approach Target is taking in the States. They will not be putting up Christmas until after American Thanksgiving. Whether this is true or not I don't know but if it is good for them.

We have our tickets to go and see Justice League tonight. Being a big DC Comic fan, I have been waiting for them to get into the movies like Marvel, but with the exception of Wonder Woman which was amazing, Suicide Squad and Batman vs. Superman were not that good, so I'm going into the movie tonight with low expectations and hoping I will be pleasantly surprised.

Tomorrow we have nothing planned so I think we are just going to do some cooking and baking.

Sunday I have rehearsal.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Our radio stations won't start til after Thanksgiving. Thank goodness. And then it is very sporadic, increasing each week. I think there is a backlash rising from the public about pushing Christmas so early. Some places start in Sept.
  • Was nice when each month had it's own holiday.......Oct. was Halloween, Nov. had T-Day, and December was Christmas.

Yeah, it could be a store by store decision. My husband tells me things then I just pass along the knowledge as my own, whether right or wrong. LOL!

Oh my gosh, I've been hearing Christmas music in stores since the day after Halloween. It WAS nice when Christmas was just in December and DAG NABBIT, children should be seen and not heard. Listen to us. You know you're older when you can long for the good ole days only we didn't know they were the good ole days back then. LOL!

Morning Everyone,

Back when I worked 3rd shift at a grocery store, the music would change to 24 hour Christmas rotation promptly at midnight on Thanksgiving. The music was on a 3 hour loop and in those 3 hours, there were about 6 or 7 different versions of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. So in an average 9 hour shift (what I typically worked) I'd hear Rudolph 18 to 21 times. And since it was overnights, there was very little distraction so as to miss the music. I don't miss overnights at all.

Gena is home sick again today. I'm really ready for this lab work to be done so we can either try again or start making her better. I was so frustrated this morning. I came to work a half hour early when I already have to work 45 minutes later than normal, just to get away from the stress at home.

Robin - have fun with your grandson

Muzz & Noel - have fun at the movie.

OC - enjoy the visit with your family

kat - glad you wore better shoes today.

JS - I've been listening to Christmas music too. I really need to get Willie Nelson's Pretty Paper CD. I miss listening to that on my Grandma's 8-track player.

Poirot - you can never have too many warm hats.

Hope you all have a good weekend, in case I don't make it back to post again.

Morning all~

So much going on here today, you all are busy.

I got up early and headed to a vintage holiday show. Lots of old junk if you ask me. But I bought new stuff from the hosting store.

Jen Lilley's (Theresa) CD is really good. I was able to do a download of the album when it first came out. Like playing it all.

SiriusXM satellite radio has a large number of Christmas channels now. Nice options for after Thanksgiving.

Take care all~

Most of the non-religious Christmas songs quickly annoy me, so I usually avoid the radio stations/TV Specials. If I hear Madonna's "Santa Baby," one more time! :angry::angry: :angry: I play my own Christmas mix CD. If in a car that can play it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have a good, safe day, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
IT'S SPRINKLING HERE!!!!!!

I have the house open since it was a bit cooler than normal and wondered why I was smelling wet asphalt. Well, because stuff is falling from the sky Not heavy and not sure it will last more than the annoying spots on the car stage.

Madonna's Santa Baby is up there with anyone's version of Frosty the Snowman. I do like, and it's hard to find, Hard Candy Christmas from Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Not the movie version where Dolly Parton steals the song, it's supposed to be sung by the working girls. Otherwise, yes I want the standards. Not Snoop Dog's version of anything.

Hello everyone. It's a nice day and 73* F at the moment, but "snowing", lol. I have a wild bush growing along the fence and every year it "snows" when the wind blows the seeds (something like a cross between cotton, dandelion seeds and downy feathers). That's the closest to snow I usually come. I don't know what kind of bush it is, so I just call it the snowy bush, lol.

snowybush.jpg

KT - it reminds me of a cottonwood tree, except in bush form. I wonder if it was cut down at one point and sprouted new branches, but didn't grow a trunk. We had a tree like that out by our back lot line when we bought our house. We cut off the branches and painted the stump so it would stop growing. Which left me space to plant my lilac bush.

Thanks for posting that, JS.

I decided to look at the one with Richardo Montalban. I wonder if the movie "Neputune's
Daughter" is at the library?

One of my local radio station started playing Christmas music all day long today.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been an okay but pretty busy day. I went to work, came home and did some chores around the house. I did not get everything I wanted done this evening, so some things I still would like to do later but we will see as I am pretty tuckered out. After finishing up a few chores I went and had my typical Friday night dinner of spaghetti. Right now I'm relaxing and procrastinating.

Wishing all of you a fantastic Friday evening. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Saw a clip once of Rock Hudson singing that song with Mae West, I think on some award show... it was hilarious, And will confess, ever since, whenever I hear the song, that clip comes to mind. I think it is on you tube. ????

Lil0, putting the Himalayan salt in my water took me back to what our well water used to taste like. It was a little bit briny and also had a lot of calcium in it. I grew up on it and it took me a while to get used to other water.
OC, I like salty snacks but not salty water, so I sometimes put a few crystals of the pink salt on my tongue and wash it down with plain water. I like the taste of the salt.

Back