11-19-17 - Donuts for a windy Sunday

Good morning, a weakish sun here, lots of clouds. I read that the midwest is going to be getting a nasty cold spell, the northwest rainy, the northeast warmer than usual, and the southeast sort of stormy........but not sure if this is the entire winter or just upcoming November????

Driving me nuts all the things I cannot find.....especially from the bathroom....am also missing 3 hats, and yet all the closet & bedroom stuff is unpacked. However, there are "insides" of cabinets and drawers that became a huge mess during the move. I have managed to deal with most, but there are still a few to be dealt with. The movers tape the items so the drawers/doors don't open, but, everything really gets turned upside down as they take out, load their truck, and unload, I guess.

Will be off to church in a bit.........take care, as Lil0 noted, stay snug.

Poirot, I truly do not envy you going through that whole moving process!! I'm impressed that you have unpacked as much as you have. One of the things I notice about moving into a new space is that even after one is unpacked and everything is put away, you still have to get used to all the new locations. In the kitchen, the drawer that holds the silverware used to be on the right, but now it is behind you and on the left, etc. etc. What we used to be able to do on auto pilot now requires thinking!!

Good Sunday morning everyone.

The weather here continues to be unseasonably 'warm'. To me that reads 'hot' when we're 15-20 degrees above normal. We are to register a minimum of 88F on the day before, Thanksgiving, and the day afterwards! If so, then where I live it will reach 90 and be a record breaker. Typical glaring sun, sirius clouds burning off for a cloudless day, and dusty skies. I am having trouble getting motivated for everything I need to do this week to celebrate Thanksgiving and decorate for Christmas. That is so very unlike me. Ah, well.

Lil0: hope the dark clouds and strong winds do no damage to your home or area. Do you have plans for Thanksgiving?

Poirot: Are the children coming to your new place for Thanksgiving or will they wait until Christmas? You have made such progress unpacking, but as Lilo notes, it is finding things that is the big step to an already monumental challenge. Enjoy church!

Time for us to leave for church too. Wishing each of you a relaxing and rejuvenating day before the big holiday week to come.

Noel ~ I will be spending Thanksgiving at my older daughter's home, along with her family and my younger daughter and her family. I bring the pumpkin pies and cranberry sauce. :) Then we will repeat the whole thing on Saturday for "Friendsgiving". The kids [all teenagers now] want to celebrate Thanksgiving with their friends, so last year we started this new "tradition" of celebrating on a day when friends could come over.

Our wind finally died down. We're expecting beautiful weather for today. A high of 61*, sunny skies, and no wind. It will pick up some more by tomorrow though. Calm wind doesn't last long here except for in the dead heat of summer. I need to get some things done before daughter and granddaughter arrive this evening. Husband has some pains and aggravations this morning (nothing new but more intense at some times) and somehow I guess he thinks having me sit right here with him makes them feel better.

Lil0, it sounds like your area is subject to severe winds. Good thing you have a fairly new house. I guess all you can do is hunker down and wait for it to pass. I was going to say, "wait for the dust to settle," but that would only apply to Noel and Robin, and sometimes me. I hope you don't get any damage.

Noel, my good friend and her husband from here are spending the holidays in the Phoenix area to be with their kids and grandkids. She was saying this morning how nice the weather was going to be there. It seems to be a matter of perspective. It's sad that people sometimes have to live in areas that don't suit them. My sister longed to live in Wyoming her whole life. She went there for vacations as often as possible.

Poirot, I agree with Lil0, it is remarkable how much you have accomplished--and under much adversity--the past several months. I know that doesn't help with the frustrations you are still facing, but add me to the list of all who are impressed by your accomplishments. I hope things get a bit smoother with time.

Cassius Gobsmaked.jpg

Grandma, of course sausages belong on the tablecloth, NOT on the plate. What are you thinking???

So my morning so far has been one of waffle making and cookie baking a gluten free banana based chocolate chip cookie. So nice to be able to have the oven on and not have to up the A/C.

Once the little one awakens from his nap we are off to the park.

Unsure on what the rest of the day has in store, but who cares, right???

I hope the icemaker returns to its ice making glory for OC and she can cancel the fix it man.

Poirot - how I wish I lived close enough to help. However I'm thinking that now the only actual help I would be able to offer would be the run to the store to get this while you continue working. Take this to there. Fix a meal and bring it by.

Friendsgiving sounds interesting. I like that idea.

I did make it to Turkey Saturday and purchased enough food for two families to have a turkey dinner. A 17 pound turkey and a 16.8 pounder, along with lots of veggies, stuffing and pie fixings. So nice to be able to pay it back to food charities who helped me out years ago.

Good Sunday to you all.

The sun is out and it's in the 50s.

Busy morning with church and Sunday school. Goldie and I walked when I
got home. I worked some in my office. Most things off the floor. Nothing on
the chair so far :)

robin, thanks for the picture with your grandson. He's a cutie.

OC, enjoy your time with your daughter and granddaughter.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday.

Hi everyone! Sorry that I've been absent, but having a blast in southern California.

Some of you have seen a few pictures on Facebook.

Just got out of Mass, and on the road again. Going east to meet mystfaerie! She and her hubby are driving 3 hours from Arizona.

Will try to catch up with Donuts later.

Brrrr, here. When I left for church, it was 34°, when I came out it was 21° & a bit windy. The sun which was out for maybe an hour, had disappeared. Egads, the cold just seemed to go right thru me. And then, both church and the store were soooo cold inside!

My 2 sons will probably be here for Tday, am sure they won't be too happy driving out here. Lot easier to just go 1/4-1/2 mile. LOL But then, it is 20 miles. My daughters never come for any holiday, living south for so many years as they do, going north to cold and possible snow does not seem inviting to them. My one son lives in middle of state (probably closer to where Mandy lives) but is up here hunting. Deer season opened yesterday.

Bought the turkey which is frozen, and put in the frig to slowly thaw over the next few days. Which reminds me.....has Mandy been on here with results of Gena's tests?

no word from manda yet. Maybe she'll let us know tomorrow about Gena

rs, I'm glad you're having a great time on your trip. It's been awhile since
mystfairie has been here. Enjoy your visit. When do you get home?

Good evening friends.

A busy church-activity day and now prepping for dinner. I completed almost zero of my to-do list for Thanksgiving so this week will be extra busy. Enjoyed reading all your posts.

Lil0: your Thanksgiving plans sound lovely. And grandmas always make the best pies! The "Friendsgiving" thing is big with the teens at church too. Our family always invited anyone who was alone to share our feast so it is nice to see the younger generations honoring that tradition. We were taught well and obviously so were they!

OC: hoping your Thanksgiving will be filled with family joy. Yes, most people here are rejoicing that we will have near 90 temperatures on Thanksgiving Day. The only thing that keeps us here is job/income but that is a very big thing. And my kiddos love it. Hope your good friend & family enjoy their holiday here in town.

KT: it is perfect timing for a cool down with the holidays approaching, so I hope you can smile at the frosty mornings. I do remember the cold bothers you and would gladly ship you our 20 degrees above normal if possible. Actually I have a long waiting list of family, friends, acquaintances that want some of that heat.

Robin: I agree with Cassius, where else would a toddler place sausage?! :) Your activities sound like great fun. And I always enjoy reading how you 'give back' to the food banks this time of year. Your Thanksgiving sounds like it will be great fun.

JS: what a cool find! Don't you love it when something unexpected crosses your shopping path that completes an ensemble? Hope you post a picture of yourself wearing these jewelry gems! Are you sharing Thanksgiving with your friends or your Mum alone?

Kat: kudos on completing so much office work on a busy Sunday. Glad you & Goldie were able to enjoy a nice walk too. What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Squirrel: great to hear from you! So glad you are enjoying your sunny visit with family. Your Thanksgiving sounds like it will be filled with family, friends [mystfaerie] and fun!

Poirot: having your two sons for Thanksgiving when you've just moved into a new place is a lovely new tradition! You certainly are on top of things having already began thawing your turkey. Hope your new kitchen is easier to prepare a large meal and you hear from daughters on Thanksgiving Day.

Well, time to fix some dinner for a hungry family. Wishing each of you a lovely evening too.

I rarely post pictures of myself on Facebook. I only put pictures of the grandkids if I have permission.

We went to the train park and rode a merry go round. Amazing!!! we also road the train. Climbed all over jungle gyms and such. We are now heading to dinner and it's cranky no nap dinner time. Should be entertaining.

JS: oh, I had forgotten your photo ban stance. The jewelry is lovely. Thanks for that photo. Sadly many of us posted photos when social media was new. No one knew the dangers then and once on the web it remains forever. We did scrub what Hubs and I had posted, and all the kids per military advice to vets. If I could have a do-over I would take your stance too.

Robin: oh, cranky-no-nap dinners are usually unforgettable. I have had too many of those with young ones. Next to sugar highs they are the most trying. Your park experience makes for a great memory.

Regardng internet scrubbing of photo, an entity (Google??) is taking steps in that direction, per my posted prediction/wish. :) They are offering a service that should prove helpful, though some caveats are in play.

PS: Trying to recall above entity!

Back