11/27/17 - Donuts & Mondays

Noel, yes, your tree is so lovely!

Manda, hoping and praying you can get relief for your sweet "baby" before long.

Robin and J.S., thanks for the laugh about the tv errors.

Kat, I admire your perseverance and investment in keeping a beautiful yard.

Poirot, yea for the husband on getting the door fixed!

Squirrel, what an unwelcome adjustment, to have to deal with stupid people and keep your mouth shut, after vacation!

Lil0, it sounds like your "Friendsgiving Day" (if I got that right), was a big success! Goody!

Shan, I'm glad you had four wonderful days of making new memories!

Kt, I'm glad you checked in. You were on my mind throughout the day. I was going to send you a message and didn't have time. You may be going through what I did a few weeks ago, when it first started getting colder here, with shorter days too. I hope you will adjust somewhat. Your fence lizards probably went in hiding for the winter like mine do--wherever it is that lizards go during cold weather. I wish you success in conditioning the remaining, smaller, lizards to flee from Remmy.

I found a walking stick (we called them "devil's horse) and brought it inside to show it to my grandkids on Saturday. I showed them how they change colors, depending on their background. They are active here this time of year so usually when you see them outside, they are brown in color, since most of outside is brown or turning brown. I scooped it up on a green flyswatter and it was fascinating to watch parts of the walking stick gradually turn green in color. The kids got a kick out of that too.

I had a busy day. Will tell about it tomorrow. Have a good night, any who check in here this late.

Yes, it is Peter Reckell. (Bo). We were both a bit younger. One year working sets Matt Ashford's (Jack Deveraux) wife was Anna in the King and I. Closing night, he and the kids came to see he show. I did get to say "hey" backstage, but since he wasn't in the cast, I didn't ask for a picture.

OC: thank you very much!

Robin: you met Matt Ashford (Jack)?!?!?! And you didn't tell me until now?! Woman, what were you thinking?! WOW! I am so envious, but impressed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I said "Hey" and asked if he would like some water. Not really a meeting. I was working, he was visiting. I would have really like to work with him. Peter Reckell (Bo) was very easy to get along with, as was Ken Page, who was also in Guys and Dolls.

I miss working summer stock. I miss working theatre. I thought about a career change, till I realized at my age, at that time, I couldn't feed myself let alone the boys on the salary. And being a gypsy and traveling doesn't really work well when you have kids at home.

Back