11-29-17 - Donuts and thunder storms

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Goldie and I had a quick walk this morning. There was a small window to get out, but it got smaller
and smaller.
I found out my mom's boots aren't waterproof. I've been looking at Amazon for boots,
but most look like tennis shoes, even the soles. If anyone has any suggestions, please send a PM.

I forgot to mention yesterday about the cat. I finally realized yesterday one of the women
who is volunteering in the other room lives in my neighborhood. She lives at the house
the cat was at. I asked her about it. They are feeding it, but since husband is allergic to
cats it has to stay outside. And another stray comes by and eats the food. too.

I hope everyone has the best day they can.

Good morning everyone. I'm off in a few minutes for school again. I'm glad I only have to drive a 1/2 mile again today. There should only be a few kids since I'm just going for the ones who were absent yesterday.

It is getting to the point that I don't even want to watch, listen to, or read the news. Matt Lauer is the latest to be accused/fired, North Korea is lobbing missiles to a greater distance, and the politicians from both major parties are still drinking the Salem stupid juice. At least there is one ray of sunshine, with the stock markets doing so well both of my IRAs are growing by leaps and bounds.

kat, that is good news about the cat. I hope it was neutered.

Last edited:
Good morning, gotta say my jaw dropped at the news about Matt Lauer on the radio. TV not on. Boy, they wasted no time, did they? Cloudy here, tho sun is supposed to come out later. Tis in the teens but will be going up to high 30s, so they say. We will see.

Sure do hate this double door frig, really no space, and then the electric stove. Really hate that! Hard getting used to hardly any counter space any more. Cabinets are smaller.....ahhhh, downsizing, is that what it is called?

Did I mention that the water is "hard" water, in comparison to the nice, soft, delicious well water I had for umpteen years. City water, bah, humbug. LOL

Hope your day is an easy one, squirrelly, and kat, I have different boots up here, mostly "winter" ones which are water proof and warm, but not what you are looking for, I would think, for where you live.

There were rumors about Matt Lauer years ago, but I was still shocked when the news flash came over my phone at about 7:03. Along with the nasty men, there are a few women who are just as bad for making false allegations in their quest for big money.

Poirot, I agree about city water. I love my well water, and can't stand the nasty chemical taste of the water at work. It is so awful here that we have the 5 gallon bottled water coolers to use for making tea and coffee.

I just got a card from the post office yesterday about a sex offender who has moved to this area. I can tell you from experience, it's not the offenders you know about. The most dangerous offenders are the ones you don't know about.

Good Morning!

A very busy day in the nursery this morning. So far, all the little bundles are stable and that is pure joy!

My great room tree and 3ft personal tree were finished last night. Whew! Tonight is church so tomorrow, after work, it is time to buy about 20 C batteries for candles, wreaths, garlands. I love battery controlled items because it reduces electricity useage, placement is easier with no cord to hide, but this time of year it is an expense. But, to me, it is well worth it!

Kat: glad you & Goldie had just enough time for a walk this morning. That is sad about the cat. I am glad your coworker is leaving food/water out for the cat but strays will scavenge it. How sad. There are so many abandoned and unwanted pets roaming streets looking for shelter, food, water, safety and most of all some love.

Squirrel: hope your short commute makes today brighter for you as you care for these special children. I have decided not watch the news more than once a day now. Gone are the days when a print newspaper are available here, and 24 hr news drones on and on. There seems to be enough 'stupid juice' for entertainment, music, news, and other businesses without end. I'm with you: focus on joy!

Poirot: our water is 'very hard' and forms calcium deposits on faucets daily. It is scrub, scrub, scrub. My home is too old for installation of a water softener and they have their own issues to deal with. Newer homes here come equipped with soft water. I feel for you because my kitchen is ranch style here which translates tiny counter space, you can reach the sink from the stove because only one person can walk through the kitchen at a time! It was the style here until 2000ish. You will adjust - in time - but I cannot say without uttering a few words you wouldn't want your grandchildren to imitate. Have the best day possible.

JS: I, too, was stunned by the news. For one reason, they gave him no public time to recount or deny whatever charges were made against him. Hopefully, the tide is finally turning and men/women in power learn this is NEVER ever acceptable!!

Robin: those were clouds this morning!!! Now there are only wispy threads here and the sun is glaring per usual. This morning I stopped in my tracks and stared at the sky because it was almost grey. It made my day!!

KT: absolutely the truth. The neighbor, the boss or coworker, even a church member at times. It shocks us because we value human dignity while they choose to rob it at a whim.

Time to rock-a-bye a sweet baby.

A quick hello. I have an eye appointment at 1:30. Have to get us some lunch before I leave, since husband will be staying home. I'm thinking peanut butter and honey sandwiches. I still have some honey the bee lady gave me from our property. Honey gives me a sore throat if I eat it with any frequency but I can get by with it once in a while. We got a north wind, temperature dropped to 40s last night, a high of 60 today.

Kat, I got me some waterproof boots at Tractor Supply. They are like a thick plastic and are colorful. They come to about mid-calf and slip on and off easily. (No need to wear shoes underneath). I haven't looked at others anywhere but these have worked well for me.

Have a good day, everyone.

JS: I didn't know about Lauer's wife and will read up on it after work. I totally agree about alcohol being taboo at work anywhere!

Squirrel: just heard there are more accusers at NBC headquarters too.

The next shoe to drop will be the accuser's name. Are things getting out of hand, yet? Looking forward to DrBakerFan's weigh-in.

Have a very peaceful evening, everyone.

Unless there is a leak somewhere, doubt the name will become public, unless the accuser decides to do so. And am betting that there is a search on for others to come forward, too. Only when there are more than one, willing to go public, will a name be forthcoming.

AGUY: wishing you a very peaceful holiday evening too.

Poirot: I agree especially since this accuser so far has not asked for financial remuneration.

A busy day at the library. I got over 30 bags of books entered yesterday.
Librarian
was teaching the kids how to to use the computer to look up books.
I'm not sure if she was looking up new books or not. All the ones I put in yesterday

started popping up as "off site". We marked them so the kids couldn't search
them to check out. She was going to check out problem later.

Goldie and I got out for a walk after lunch. Thanks for suggestions for boots.

Last edited:
Is your library completely computerized, or do they still have some card catalogues?

That school library is lucky to have you working there!

Kat: I second AGuy's comment that the school/library is very fortunate to have you volunteering your services! Glad you & Goldie had a nice relaxing walk after a busy day.

The library is computerized, but the bags of books still have the old check out cards.
When the bags get there labels with UPC code, then teachers can use scanner
to check them out. It will be easier to keep track of the bags if teachers will use it.

Back