11-30-17 - Donuts and reports

Good afternoon. I went to my mother's house today and took the bottle of soap bubbles I bought for Remmy. I wanted to see what Mama's dog would do when he saw them. Baxter was acting afraid of the bubbles and even jumped when one popped on his back, lol. He was not impressed.

My landlord told me the deal to sell all this property was back in the works. I don't think the potential new owner plans to keep any of the buildings. I gather he is just interested in the land and will demolish the structures. I might as well start seriously looking for another place. This Yo-Yo ride is too much and I need time to find a suitable place to live. The landlord even asked me if I would be interested in moving this house. What? LOL

KT: did you giggle at Baxter's reaction to the bubbles? Sometimes pets are so cute that you just can't stop yourself.:)

Sorry you are now in moving transition looking for a new place. That and making certain you can have pets. Do you want to stay in the same area or maybe be closer to your Mom for emergencies. Thinking of you as a new journey begins.

Hi everyone!

It was in the 70s today. Odd weather for the last day of November.

My husband has been sick the past couple of days. He was so sick last night I thought he might have the flu and took him to the urgent care. Thankfully he didn't but he has a really nasty virus. I've been scrubbing down the apartment and Lysol is my best friend right now. I'm currently washing all the bedding. Toothbrushes have also been replaced. I'm not sure where he got this mess from because his job doesn't place him around sick people like mine.

Kt, good luck with the home hunt.

Noel, I hope you get to enjoy all your hard work for Christmas.

I've never heard of a cookie walk before but I've heard of cookie exchanges.

When I used to wear a Fit bit it said I walked anywhere between 10,000-20,000 steps a day at work. And that doesn't even count all the lifting I do at work.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

Hi Red! I wondered why you hadn't posted today. Sorry your hubby us so sick but know you are taking good care of him. Lysol is a great friend in winter time. Hope he heals quickly and you stay healthy too. Wishing you the best evening possible.

I always feel like a child at the Christmas dining table waiting for beloved family to come but their chairs remain empty. Those memories are my heartbeat.
Noel, you just choked me up, in a good way! Thank you. :love:

Speaking of cookies, I would love to have some Toll House cookies, made like my mom used to. Family seem to have forgotten how. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I reckon that it would be up to me, and there's the standard "two chances" of that ever happening. :) These ingredients would be critical:

Unflavored Crisco
ORIGINAL Toll House chocolate chips
Chopped walnuts

AGuy: awww, nice to know my sentiment touched a heart. You can try the new recipe because those items are not available. I make them with Hershey chips {heresey I know!} and they are still yummy! The memories it would bring back baking and eating may just be worth a slight change.:)

HUH? I buy unflavored Crisco. In fact I bought the pre-measured sticks last week to start my Christmas baking. The cans are still available, too. Blue labels are regular, and the yellow labels are butter flavored.

shortening-sticks-original.jpg

Squirrel - they do not sell unflavored on our side of town and parts of Indiana. I am glad it is available for you. Managers choice, two stores told me.

DirecTV replaced box, remote and some parts of satellite! He said it is due to full sun and high temps 9-10 months each year. They were all installed in 2013. Kat-ching!

Apologizing, I wasn't very clear regarding the cookie recipe! :) I listed the ingredients that way because most of the people I talk to, use butter, margarine, etc. When I told my niece about Grandma using Crisco, she got a puzzled look on her face. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When I listed the Toll House chips, I should have just said "real chocolate chips." :)

There are quite a few old cookies in the family cookbook/3x5 index, but haven't tasted most of them for quite a while. :sad: Hoping for the waffle cookies, this year.

A. Guy, are you talking about Italian pizzelles or the sweeter German waffle cookies?

A lot of the grocery stores carry pizzelles now, but I still make my own. If you have an Aldi near you, they have pizzelles plus the German waffle cookies. My goodness, the German ones are tasty, too.

Well, we all have Christmas cookies and their memories on our hearts and mind today. Thanks for the help Squirrel and JS. AGuy hope you make a batch just for the joyful memories.

Squirrel, the German kind. I have my mom's waffle iron, the kind that makes 2 at a time, and has to be held over a gas stove burner. I need to check at Aldi's. :)

Do you make cut-out sour cream cookies?

Back