12/12/17 - Donuts and a splash of Baileys

M

Muzzaman

Good morning.

OC - I'm really sorry and sad to hear of your day yesterday and the difficult decisions you are faced with. It is so hard to see our loved ones behaviour and personality change with dementia. My arms are across the border giving you a Canadian bear hug.

Manda - That is SUCH great news. That will be nice for Gena to have the comfort of being home all week to get things moving along. I'm so happy that you finally got some good news.

Robin - Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Poirot - Hope the chore list is getting shorter. One box at a time. Are you enjoying your new area?

My walk to the train this morning was beautiful. We've not had one snowflake yet in December and we are not even having a Chinook. It's just that nice. Currently at 6:30am it us 8*C (46.4*F). The daytime high is supposed to be 12*C (53.6* F). That's crazy. November the ski hills were opening and now mountains are barely covered.

In the words of Katmouse, "I hope everyone has the best day they can!

Edited to add - Also, has anyone heard from kt lately?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, we are getting a bit of sunshine for an hour or two, before the grey skies return, and it snows again. Brrrr last night, really got cold, should be getting up to about 15* today. LOL

Muzza, kt has popped in, she has not yet received notice to move, but is getting rid of stuff...she will probably pop in again.

Why is it when you do all the laundry, the next day, it seems you did not get it all. Ha.

Back to the boxes, my big problem is finding somewhere to store what I need to keep, in addition to throwing away stuff that never should have come here. LOL

Grandma and Cassius.jpg

This is Grandma and Cass on Saturday. Yes, Grandma is crazed. Grandson passed tired and is onto the next phase of toddler exhaustion. This was taken at twilight Saturday. Temp now into the high 40's but at least the rain stopped. We left the hotel at 8am and returned at 9:30pm. Long day. We did have fun, however. Lots of fun.

Sunday at Animal Kingdom was sunny but cold. The high of the day was 53, so lots of the critters were not out because it was too cold for them. We spent lots of time at DinoLand as they had a playground. On one side, you could pretend to dig up dino bones. On the other side, small slides and stairs. I was at the bottom of the slide to catch and mom was at the top too help get started.

He'd slide down, run to the stairs climb up, and slide again. Then on to the safari ride where he slept through the entire thing. We had to stop for a giraffe to cross the roadway. So as adults, we enjoyed it. It was a great trip.

Manda - such great news for Gena.

OC - My heart hurts for you and your current troubles. Reminds me of the dealings with my dad. Only it was my dad, not my partner. Take care of yourself, please. You can't help anything if you get sick.

kt - I know you go dark every now and then. Know that we are here for you to help as best we can.

Off to work. The walk to the desk office. No driving today. I took every extra second to sleep today.

Happy Tuesday ya'll!

Personally I am enjoying all the Christmas decorations at home, church, work and any other place I do errands. I love listening to Christmas music after a long tiring day because it helps me focus on what is important first. And it seems to me Christmas is flying by at reindeer speed now. Just love Christmas time!

Still, this hot [warm for Robin] weather is giving me the Christmas blues. Ok just a little when I go outside, but these mid-high 70's temperature are a total downer. It has been 11 months since we had a single temperature under 70F, any rain on our side of town, and maybe 5 days with clouds on the west side. People are still wearing shorts, t-shirts, flip flops and sun hats outdoors!!! :rolleyes: If I think about it too long I get melancholy remembering all the beautifully cold, snowy, Christmas days I lived in Indiana. :sad:

So I choose to think about other people: [focus, focus, focus]

Muzza: your weather does sound odd for where you live, but then the weather seems to be crazy all over the place any more. So glad your walk was a brisk and nice one to start your day!

Poirot: box by box is the motto?? Well, maybe you can start 2018 completely box free? Or is that too optimistic for the number of boxes sitting before you? Ah, well, "a spoon full of sugar" comes to mind from Mary Poppins. Wishing you the best day possible.

Robin: I love that picture of Grandma & Cass!! He is smiling bravely through his fatigue and you look svelt!! Wow I am so impressed with your determination, steely will this time of year to finish the weight loss and adjustment to your desired weight. Go Grandma!! Hope your first day back at work is an easy one.

Manda: thinking you are smiling at work knowing sweet Gena is on the road to recovery!

KT: thinking of you and the big task of packing up a household of items. Certainly Remmy will be very helpful in disposing of unwanted items, as into bits. Good luck on the house surveying and please add a little Christmas into your life these last 2 weeks.

OC: thinking of you, your husband, and the doctors making decisions about his treatment plan. Wishing you a more relaxing day and your husband less pain [and maybe more snoozing from the medication]. Prayers.

Take care everyone.

Happy Chanukah to all of our Jewish Spectators!

The phone rang at 8:08am; I was still in the rack, reading:

"Hello, is Noel there?"
"Wrong number."
"Oh. I'm calling about (fund-raising...)
"Click"

I had a testing appointment on Wednesday, and called to reschedule it. I'm not going out in a blizzard, if I can help it! And, I think that will also apply to buffet attendance. :rolleyes:

Manda, I'm very glad that Gena had a successful doctor visit!

Have a good day, everyone!

Afternoon Everyone,

Today is a good day, and I'm so relieved to have a game plan to get Gena healthy, but work is crazy so I can't stay long.

Know that I'm thinking of you all and praying for solutions to whatever seems to be pestering you.

:hug:

I just got a little reprieve since our VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone system went down. Tech support at Jive (our service company) is working on it. Hopefully, it won't be fixed until after 4:30. I keep telling myself "Two more days."

Amanda, I'm so happy for you and Gena that our sweet girl will soon be rid of the obstruction and pain. Did they give you any clue as to what caused it?

A. Guy - yep, better to stay home and safe.

Noel - It seemed weird to me to see decorated palm trees with artificial Christmas trees next to them. My brother said he still isn't used to it after living in the desert for 29 years.

Robinsnest - Your little Cass is adorable! You were very brave to have him on that trip for those long hours.

Poirot - Too bad you can't wave your magic wand or twitch your nose to have everything unpacked and put in place.

Muzza - Enjoy your warmer than normal weather while you can. Our wind chill factor is at 0* F today. BRRR

Sending my thoughts also to OC (with her husband) and kt (with the uncertainty of moving).

I see that kat and Shanrick haven't checked in yet either. I hope nothing's wrong. Maybe kat's working in the school library today.

Squirrel: how lovely to have a winter wonderland at Christmas time! Driving in it, however, in a city or highway, can be a very slow process at times. Glad you are safely at work now after travels. Tell your brother I can relate to it being weird having Christmas in the desert!

Happy Chanukah to all of our Jewish Spectators!
Absolutely! You are smart to forego driving in a blizzard for unnecessary trips. As for the telecaller, it wasn't me they were searching for!! [giggles]

Manda: thinking of you and Gena, and your entire family, and wishing you a lovely day!

Last edited by a moderator:
RS - I'll hope for you that your VOIP system stays crashed until after you leave for the day. :) The doctor said he couldn't determine why all Gena's problems started, especially since it's been over 2 months since she started having problems and all of her lab work has come back as normal. We just need to make sure she gets enough fruits and veggies and the Miralax going forward to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks Noel. Our days will be better now that Gena will be feeling better. This mama will be able to sleep peacefully with a whole lot less worry on my mind and in my heart.

Manda!

a530de994871a76180f35cbcbafbe32c--smiley-emoji-smiley-faces.jpg

I'm posting late today because I went to a movie after lunch since it's Tuesday
$5 day. I saw Thor. A funny movie if you need a laugh.

A good day at the library. I'll finish labeling the bags I started today and I should
be done with bookshelf #4. Only one after that.

robin, a nice picture of you and your grandson. I'm glad you had a good time,

Muzzaman, it was warmer where you are when Goldie and I had our walk
this morning.

manda, I'm glad you can sleep better now after Gena got her medical report.

Noel, I'll trade my gloomy weather for your nice one. I want to be outside, but
either too windy or chilly.

rs, are starting your holiday vacation next week? I hope you got home safely.

I hope everyone had a good day and have a good evening

Hi everyone!

Manda, glad you have a plan now to get Gena better.

Muzza, we’re having the same weather.

Rs, hope you survive the next couple of days.

Kat, glad your enjoyed your movie.

Noel, if it makes you feel better I’ve never seen a white Christmas because our winters are mild so we celebrate a brown Christmas together :rotfl:

A.Guy, you should have trolled the annoying caller some more.

Robin, that’s an adorable picture.

Poirot, I’m still going through boxes of stuff. I don’t think it will ever end.

It’s been nuts at work the past couple of days. I’m ready for Christmas Day so all the craziness can end. Less than two weeks to go.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful night!

Red: retail craziness can attempt to drain a person's Christmas spirit but never win. Sorry your workdays are so hectic. Hope you have Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas off this year. Hope your night is peaceful.

@IamRed, been getting some answer "yes" /70% off fabulous vacation offers. The other day I acted like an incapacitated person:

No "yes."
Not the homeowner.
No credit card.
No "$40,000 annual income."
"Unfortunately, you are not eligible to receive the offer at this time,". :cry:

Read somewhere that Americans get over a billion robo-calls/year. It's high time that Washington did something about this.

Yesterday, someone bought two X-Phones using my son's AT&T account. In the process, his phone was de-activated, and his long-time phone number was assigned to someone else. He was on the phone with AT&T for over 2 hours. :angry: :angry: :angry:

AGuy: your frustrated son reminds us these thieves often, if arrested, get probation or short jail terms in state courts. Hoping the company gives your son a new phone and deletes his number from the thief and returns it to your son for free!

He texted me today; has his old number back. He shouldn't have to pay a dime, and I like your idea about AT&T giving him a free X-Phone, Noel! Just for his inconvenience. :)

They need to crack down on the bums that pull these stunts!

Back