12-4-17 - Donuts and Birthday cake

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Shan. Have a wonderful day

images

Good morning and very Happy Birthday to you Shanrick!! Hope you get spoiled and have an awesome day.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. We had our South American party on Saturday night and had a blast!! Friends from south America were from Honduras, Venezuela, Columbia and Brazil. The food was amazing and so nice to try all so many different things. Some of the food was Pao de Queijo (a cheesy Brazilian bread that I made), empanadas, aripas (a corn flour dough that is stuffed with an avocado and chicken filling, patacones (fired plantain) and some other dishes that I cannot recall their names but so delicious.

After that we played a game then went to the basement where we had it set up like a bar complete with a few neon signs and multi coloured lights that screw into the light sockets and spin casting moving colours. We set up a shot bar downstairs and brought out the mini fridge stocked. We will definitely do this again sometime and maybe choose a different culture to make food from.

I have to admit my butt was a dragging big time at Mary Poppins rehearsal from that party but it went well. We ran through Act 1 in it's entirety and will not revisit it until January.

This will be a short work week for me as I am off on Friday. While my Christmas shopping is all done, I do still need to pick up some stocking stuffers and pick up some birthday gifts. We will be going to my parents on Friday for my dad's 75th, a nephew's 18th and a niece's 14th birthday, spend the night then come back on Saturday morning to start doing some Christmas baking to take with us to my sister in law's for Christmas.

Have a good week everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning

Happy Birthday Shan!!

th

Muzz - sounds like your party was a smashing success, not that I'm the least bit surprised. You make an amazing host.

Robin - I hope your day settles down a bit.

Had a busy weekend, but despite all the busy stuff, and Gena's tummy giving her problems, we managed to buy, set up, and decorate our Christmas tree. Here's a fuzzy picture:

upload_2017-12-4_9-35-8.png

I think you can click it to make it bigger. We switch between white, rainbow, and red & green lights. White happens to be my favorite. Perry and Gena both prefer the rainbow, but we all like the red & green only, they are very festive.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday

Have a fun day, Shannon! :drunk:

After the battery replacement, my beater car is running like a young deer! :) Using it for the long drive to a follow-up eye-doctor appointment, today.

Giving the Jeep a couple of days off. Mounting/dismounting several times in a day is a bit of a work-out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I must concede that the group-effort Christmas tree looks pretty good. But, I'm not fond of bows (small, thankfully!), and bead garlands. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sorry, I still don't know how to post a photo. :)

I hope, and pray that all of our Spectator health problems resolve well, and soon!

Be careful out there, everybody!

Good afternoon everyone. It was a crazy weekend at my house again.

My neighbor's brother came over to do the fall gutter cleaning. My neighbor was at work so I had to hold the ladder for him. Geez, he could've cut the price for that.

I finally got out the rest of my winter clothes. The Christmas tree is decorated; flocked tree, with red, silver, and white ornaments, and red lights, instead of standing bare in front of my huge picture window. Plus I got half of my Christmas candy made. This coming weekend, I need to finish the candy, and get started on my cookies.

Oh no...called for a meeting, and I'm still on break. GRRR

Good Monday all,

A very busy and somewhat frustrating day so far. Our Directv 'box' broke this morning and they cannot send a repairman for three days UNLESS we pay $98 extra. So of course we are doing that to have it repaired sometime tomorrow. What kind of service do companies give anymore?! The box is only 4 years old so durability is not one of its assets. I will be reading tonight, a pastime I love, until it is repaired.

Finished the last of my Christmas cards and they are in the mail this morning. I always hope everyone receives them by the 5th but a few won't arrive until the 8th this year. It is such a joy! To me it is worth the time, effort to select a card just right for that person or family, and the special Christmas stamps. I love writing a short but personal note inside too. I love Christmas!

Shan, I am hoping your birthday is a day filled with surprises! Breakfast in bed, or at a restaurant, followed by outings, gifts, then a special dinner and more gifts! The one day of the year when the focus is solely on you makes every birthday special in my book.

Take care everyone. Will try to post more later but now a baby needs surgical prepping.

Oh my gosh, thank you to everyone for all the awesome cakes. I took a bite from each and now will share with everyone!! I feel spoiled. It was really nice to come here and see all of them. Thank you!

It's been a hectic day here at work but this evening we will go to dinner with my daughter and son-in-law and the grandbabies. Ember Facetimed me this morning and that was sure a surprise to see her sweet little face and she was so excited it was my birthday!

I will try and make it back again. Thank you again

Sorry I'm so late wishing you a happy birthday, Shan. I hope it's been a good one.

I left the hospital a little early today. Had to check on the car and do some outdoor chores while it was 80*, since a cold front is supposed to blow in this evening. I guess the car problem is resolved but I feel rather foolish and still am not completely at ease about it. When I got to town this morning I went by our mechanic's shop (have used him for decades) and explained how my car had been cutting out and I was afraid to drive it. He agreed to drive all the way out here in his tow truck, taking his testing equipment, to check it out. If it had a problem, he would tow it to his shop.

Went by his shop this afternoon on the way home and was told he couldn't find a thing wrong with the car. He checked out everything and drove it several miles and it ran smoothly! I had taken it out twice and driven it a short distance to make sure it was acting up, before I called him. Oh well, it cost me his tow truck time, even though he didn't tow, but I guess I have to be reassured about it and go ahead and drive it unless a warning light comes on. I'm glad he didn't find something bad wrong with it!

Just a minute ago I got a call from the hospital. Husband was upset. They sent a nurse to his room and then rang the phone there so he could talk to me. He didn't know I'd been there and he thought I was supposed to meet him somewhere. He didn't know where but he'd been calling out and calling out for me. Not easy to handle. He is intense by nature and doesn't easily let things drop. I'm way ready for sleep tonight.

OC: hoping both you and hubby have a peaceful nights sleep. Fingers crossed your vehicle runs smoothly for you from this day forward. I think we all wish we could help you, Poirot and Manda (and others) at times but just live too far away. Just know you have the support of us all.

A windy day here. I raked more leaves out of the yard because they
keeping coming on the porch. Some rain this evening, but not as
much as forecast predicted. The weather changes tonight. I'm going
to miss the nice weather I've been having

OC, I'm sorry how things are going with your hubby. When is your
son back from his camping trip? I hope it's soon.

I hope everyone has a restful sleep.

Back