12-5-17 - Donuts and Rain

Another day at the hospital. Nurses were waiting for me at the nurses station to tell me they'd had a hard time with my husband earlier this morning. He wouldn't eat his breakfast or take his pills. A therapist stopped in to ask questions for evaluation and he wouldn't talk to her. I went on down to the room and talked to him. He said he didn't eat his breakfast because his back was hurting too much. He didn't remember the rest of it or being "uncooperative."

His back has been hurting everyday. I'm pretty sure it's because he's not used to sleeping in a bed. It never hurts him at home. He was quite hungry at lunch and cleaned up everything they brought him. I got a lunch plate too. I could see both of us gaining weight if we stayed there for very long--not because the food is so good. It isn't, but it's the closest thing we've had to ordinary home-cooked food in a while and so we just gobble it up. The quantities are larger than what we eat at home too.

I have to set my alarm and get to the hospital early tomorrow to see the doctor. Our doctor has been out of town since we've been there so we've been seeing substitutes. He will be back tomorrow and the nurses tell me I should be there and have a talk with him. They think I won't be able to take care of my husband at home any more, so that's probably what the doctor is going to say too. I'm not yet convinced. I want to see them try to get him up and attempt to do some therapy, which is supposed to begin tomorrow.

To close on a less serious note, the wall clock in the hospital room has been slowly running down ever since we've been there. I mentioned it to a nurse a couple of days ago, and then today I pointed it out to the cleaning lady. She jumped right on it and said she'd tell maintenance (it did get fixed today, too). She went on to tell me they used to have cheap round plastic wall clocks on the walls there, but people kept stealing them so they replaced them with similar round ones, only with some kind of wood for the frames, which they could then screw to the wall. That's why maintenance had to come to change the batteries. I don't know why this struck me so funny. Can you imagine? Who would steal a $3 plastic clock? Apparently more than one person did, in that hospital.

Have a good night and a good day tomorrow. I doubt I will have time to get online in the morning. Stay safe and warm, all of you with the bad weather.

My first thought was, "That photo will make Noel swoon!" :)

Manda, car dealers often swap new cars with other dealers. Around here, I think they pay around $50/trip. Fairly easy work, and not embarrassing. May be worth asking around.

I hope someone cancels their doctor appointment soon, so that Gena feels much better at Christmas.

Squirrel, I have some of an ancestor's shoe repair tools. Also his wallpaper-hanger's folding table, the straightedge for which is decorative, and hanging on a bedroom wall. Said ancestor lived in Costello for a few years. :)

OC: it sounds like you may be approaching a crossroads in your husband's care. That can be so stressful. You are wise to be there tomorrow to speak with your doctor because he knows you and your husband best and should have well thought out options. Keeping you in my prayers.:hug:

AGuy: I am still swooning over that snowy wintry picture.

JS :confused:

Back