12-6-17 - Donuts and Brrrr

I never heard of Saint Nicholas day either.

shan, it wasn't that cold outside. My hands get cold easy. I don't drink beverages
with ice. The rest of week is going to be colder. High tomorrow in the 30s.

manda, I'm glad you got to go with Gena today on her school trip.

Hello. Nice to be settled in at home, after a long day at the hospital. It's been in the 30s* to 40s* and overcast here the past two days. At home, I've been drinking Lil0's idea of hot water with a little Himalayan salt or sometimes just plain hot water. At the hospital, I have worn my coat inside, all day everyday. Even a few days ago when it got up to 80* outside!

None of the progress I had hoped for today. It was the doctor's first day back so he was swamped this morning and didn't come around. So much for setting my alarm and hurrying to get there early. He did finally stop in at mid-afternoon but only for a short visit. He indicated a week or two there, on therapy, would be the normal. I'm a little frustrated because we've already been there for a week and there has been talk of therapy right along but none has been done yet. Instead, my husband his been lying there, getting weaker each day. They did try to start it today, finally, but his back was hurting and he was real grumpy and wouldn't do it. He also at times has refused to eat or take medicine, and his confusion has gotten worse since he's been there, which is not surprising, since any changes have that effect. Okay, truth is, I'm more than a little frustrated.

Robin, lol about the yellow pavement in Kansas!

In Texas we don't put "the" before highway numbers but we do refer to different areas of pasture that way, according to the number of acres--"The hunters' camp is on the 65." or "I saw a cow with a new calf on the 240."

It only took me about two hours to write this post. :rolleyes: Had some phone calls so I had trouble keeping any train of thought. Good night to everyone!

Robin: roads paved yellow :rotfl::rotfl:

OC: your frustrations are completely understandable. Hope a good night of rest rejuvenated you for tomorrow. Would they make you a bed in his room to save you the long commute? Just know we are thinking and praying for you daily.:hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back