12-9-17 - Donuts and meetings

Lil0

Reaction score
Website
keraskitchen.com
Good morning! I'm off to an early start this Saturday morning. Heading to a 4 hour meeting at church. We are starting a series of several Long Range Planning meetings. Important stuff, but 4 hours!!?? Well, at least the roads are wet instead of icy like they have been the last couple of days.
Wishing you all a good weekend.

Good morning......was snowing here just a while ago, but it seems to have stopped, which doesn't mean much up this way. Glad your roads are just wet now, Lil0........Some truck, 4 wheel drive, just slid right off the road into a pond yesterday morning. Driver was fine, truck was towed out. But shows how despite being plowed, etc. roads are not all that safe in winter. Slow up for sure.

Our newspaper put a snippet of bits of the Christmas Cantata I saw last Sunday on line this a.m. Let's see if I can get it over here, only is a few minutes.......

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...1e7-9350-8b685f980e45/5a2b0a5a98165.video.mp4

I woke up to something unusual this morning. Snow! I was squealing "snow, it's snow" and I guess Remmy thought something was after me. She went crazy, lol. Most of the snow stuck on the bushes, but very little on the wet ground. At least my "snowy bush" was for real this time. It's not blooming anymore, so it was all snow. I scraped enough snow off the porch handrail to make a snowball. I threw it at Remmy, but she wasn't very impressed. She just ate it, lol. Mama's dog wouldn't go outside. He wasn't having any of that strange stuff, lol. More snow apparently stuck on her lawn, lol. The snow is already gone, except in a few shady spots, but it was fun!

realsnowbush.jpg

oooh, that looks so pretty, KT.....glad you had some fun with it. Guess a lot of southern areas were surprised yesterday.....Atlanta got snow, Houston, San Antonio, Baton Rouge...some really hard hit, tho.
LOL at Remmy.....

Good Morning!

Lower temperatures have dropped here, despite reaching 75 today and near 80 tomorrow. So my unheated home temperature is now a perfect 65. Now it feels more like Christmas inside! Each day it drops a couple of degrees so I finally placed one of my [snowman] flannel sheets on top of our cotton summer set. :)

Lil0: enjoy your church planning session and fellowship with members/friends. 4 hours includes lunch, right? [wink] Glad your roads are safe but pretty enough to look holiday.

Poirot: thanks for the cantada link - I shared it with friends. It loaded quickly for me and I enjoy listening to it now as I post at SS. Family from Indiana, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, Minnesota, and friends in Montana and Idaho all received a dumpload of snow. They are not as excited as I am for them, because snow at Christmas time is so lovely -- but I do not have to ice the front porch/steps, shovel snow out of the driveway, etc. Some of the children in the southern states have never seen snow at their house before and are jubilantly trying to build a snowman or fortress or whatever. Hoping your Saturday is a fine one.

KT: that is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the photo with us. Amazing what a soft cover of snow will do to beautify the landscape isn't it? So happy you had a snowball fight with Remmy, even if she ate the props. Momma used to fix us 'snow ice cream' when I was little, and I always loved it. Keep that Christmas snowy cheerful smile in your heart and have a great day!

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

I did my Sat errands and got home later than I wanted from the library.
This evening is the Madrigal the senior high school choir does at a church.

I was watching TV and looked out the window. There was a fire truck.
(They keep sirens off when they get in subdivision for some reason)
The house sort of across the street had smoke coming out from the edge
of the roof. They had to break the garage doors down. Family not home
that is renting it. I just hope they took the dogs when they went out today.
(I just found out the dogs were put in someone's vehicle and the woman
who lives there just got home. I hope they cover garage doors. My cat
will go over and look inside later.)

kt, thanks for the picture. I hope your house hunting is going well.

Poirot, I hope you get to stay in today.

Noel, I'm glad you're having some lower temperatures today.

Prayers continue for Gena.

I hope everyone has a safe and restful evening.

I'm grateful the fire didn't spread either. Behind the house is the field
and we're under a burn ban now.

I talked to a fireman. It might take up to two weeks before the doors
are put back. My cat won't like being in that long. The fire was in the garage
and attic. I didn't ask any other questions.

Firemen (all volunteers) just left. The yard is full of stuff.

Kat, hoping they contained that fire quickly, without too much damage. Guess you will eventually learn the cause.
I know you will enjoy the music tonight......

kt, know the hunt for lodging is really difficult...wishing you all the best...been there recently. Hard todo especially with pets. Good luck.

Good evening. Nothing new to report from the hospital. Only to answer a couple of questions from yesterday. Kat, no, no one has come to visit us in the hospital except for a local lady I grew up with, whose brother was in the room across the hall until yesterday. She just stopped long enough to say hello, after she saw me in the hall. Oh yes, and the EMT workers from our county seat town work part time out of this hospital town and they stopped in to say hello when they found out my husband was there. They're the ones who have come and picked him up off the floor many times in the past few years. The days there get long and boring/tiring for me but it's probably just as well that no one has come. My husband really isn't in any condition to enjoy visitors. He's not even able to have conversations with me. He is so uncomfortable, he's in a turmoil most of the time and only talks about what is hurting him.

Noel, yes, I have told him bluntly, more than once, that he won't be able to come home if he doesn't do the therapy and get stronger. It doesn't even seem to register with him. He is either sitting with a pained expression on his face or talking about his pain, nearly all of the time. They've been giving him Tylenol but today the doctor did give the okay for something stronger for his back pain. They had not given him any of it while I was there and I don't know what was prescribed. I do think he'd be somewhat more cooperative if he weren't in pain. But if it isn't his back, it is something else and there's no way to tell how serious the pain is, in some cases. You are so right about keeping instructions short and to the point. Any explanation that exceeds about a dozen words is futile.

Kt, how funny about Remmy and the snowball. Your bush looks beautiful. People in south Texas were so excited about the snow today. It's pretty rare there. Up here in "the north" where we do get snow from time to time, we were dry as could be, though we got down in the teens.

Noel, my mother made snow ice cream for us too. It was such a treat!

Poirot, it doesn't get much scarier than driving/sliding off into a pond!

Lil0, I hope your church meeting and planning went well and wasn't too tiring.

Kat, what a relief that the fire didn't spread! Fire is so terrifying at any time, but when there is a burn ban, it really gets one's attention. Hope you enjoyed the music this evening.

I need to find something to eat. I'd like to watch an episode of Days tonight but may or may not make it. I'm a week behind.

One exhausted robinsnest checking in. The day started with rain and wind. The high for the day was 52. With wind, it felt much colder. Walked miles and miles. Grandson did quite well, all things considered. Tomorrow is Animal Kingdom Park.

OC - you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

Off to slumberland, so I can get up and do it all over again.

OC: thanks again for the update. Your husband clearly needs pain relief so hopefully the medication will ease his burden. Please get some rest tonight. Days will be there when your load is lighter. Thoughts and prayers always.:hug:

Robin: you are ordered by Santa's helper, me, to bring home the 52F temperatures. They are predicting 79 on Christmas day here!:eek:. Your day sounded fun but exhausting so sleep well tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back