2/12/18 - Donuts and Freezies

M

Muzzaman

Good morning, and all I can think about are freezies. It is currently -27*C (-16.6*F) with wind chill it is -34*C (Google says it is -29.9*F) but I think it is the same at that cold). At any rate it's cold but it will be reaching a daytime high of -6*C (21.2*F) and warm up this week.

Someone recorded Cherry Tree Lane for me yesterday so I hope to receive this from her soon. We did our first run through yesterday and went fairly well. Well habe one more rehearsal on Tuesday then open Thursday.

Weekend was good. We had a friend visiting from Boston who happened to be here for work so that was fun to see him and get caught up.

Have a nice Monday all.

Ooooh. you are colder than me for a change.......but we are close. 10 below zero F. which seems to be about-23°C. Looks like the sun is trying to appear again, however the wind from yesterday has died down. Hope it doesn't start up again.

Prayers for our squirrely today. Muzza, getting down to the wire now, for the show. Best of luck.

Busy day for me.....have a good Monday, friends.......

Morning Everyone,

Sending more prayers for RS this morning.

Muzz - I agree with you that when it gets that cold, a 4 degree difference doesn't seem to feel any different. Stay warm my friend and hope the last few rehearsals go well. Or maybe I should hope they are riddled with problems, so when the actual performances start, they are flawless. upload_2018-2-12_8-40-39.png

Poirot - I hope all the your busy stuff goes smoothly today.

I must tell you all that I totally lucked out on getting Gena new shoes. I found the exact same pair, that she just had and loved, in one size up, so I got her those (she didn't feel like going along). She was ecstatic and amazingly enough they fit okay, a little room in the toe to grow into, but overall a good fit. So my 4 days shy of 8 yr-old daughter is now wearing women's size 8 shoes. I hope as she continues to grow her feet start to slow down, or I may not be able to find her shoes at all.

Happy Monday!!

Good morning.

Why are the planes that are evening flights always late???????? Got home around midnight. Blah.

Muzz - got to go backstage for Aladdin. The show they are doing is so heavy they have to retro fit extra beams to hold the weight of the stage. They use 17 trucks to load in and it takes 7 full days. 3 days to break down. The costumes are amazing.

RS, I know you won't be here today but thoughts are with you.

Manda - goodness Gena's shoe size is close to mine!!! Could you go get me some too? I need something dressy for a black tie affair and I can't do heels. :)

Happy Monday all.

Good Morning!

It is a lovely day here. Oh, Robin must have forgotten to mention are totally cloudy skies, wind, cooler temperatures and my joy! [wink] The temperature right now is a chilly 72F! Hurray!! I am skipping down the halls and singing to myself [Singing in the Rain, in case you wondered]. A totally beautiful day to be outside for me, so lunch on the patio later today!

Squirrel: you are in my heart, thoughts and prayers this morning for the best possible test results and report. If I could send you some left over sunshine to brighten your weather day, I would mail it Priority Express. :hug:

Muzza: now that is COLD! You can send half of it here to the west side because I would love it. If these clouds are from you, thank you, friend!! Excited to some day see a scene of you in Mary Poppins!

Poirot: good wishes for a smooth day tackling errands and projects. Glad you are at least a little warmer than Calgary!

Manda: those shoes are adorable! I need to look for those for my little gal. You get an A+ for Mom Shopping Expert!

JS: yes, Robin would look fancy free in those shoes! How are you?

Robin: your experience at the theater, plus the show, sounds wonderful. So very glad you had this experience and treated your Hunny Bunny too.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday!

A beautiful day here compared to yesterday. It's sunny and should be in the 40s.

Prayers continue for rs.

manda, those are cute shoes. I'm glad you could find her non tie shoes. Her

feet are bigger than mine.

Muzzaman, I'm glad you had a good weekend.

Noel, enjoy your cool day.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Mon.

kat - you are one of the lucky people with little feet. I'm always jealous of people with little feet. There are so many more shoe options in the smaller sizes. I wear size 10 and hubby wears a men's 13 wide. However, I don't remember mine being that size when I was Gena's age, so I think she's destined to have a hard time finding shoes as an adult. Enjoy your warmer weather.

UPDATE ON RS.....(squirrel)

She called me, as with the drops, etc. everything is one big blur, she tried to come to donuts, said just one big blurry page. She could tell a couple different colors.....like the pic of Gena's shoes, lol. Anyway, a friend went with her, the doctor did his exams, nothing had changed. The cancer had not grown one iota, moved, nothing. So no surgery, she goes back in 6 mos. She is one happy lady, I tell ya. She has one of those phone or tablets with the "asst", who will respond to vocal requests, which is how she got her phone to dial me. LOL.

I told her of the adventures of Mandy & Gena's shoes, and Noel's determination to go look for something in that vein, etc. Anyway, she thanks everyone for their prayers, and wanted everyone to know she was o.k.

Muzz - Stay warm. That's cold cold cold! Good luck on Tuesday. Opening Thursday sounds so exciting.

RS - is in my thoughts & prayers.

Poirot - hope you get all your paperwork done.

Manda - cute shoe, and what a deal. Not only on sale but she loves them! I have a size 8, but 8 DD. When I was a kid, no one carried DD, so I never had shoes that fit correctly. My parents only bought saddle shoes because they lasted the whole school year and I hated them because I had to stretch them out and they hurt so bad.

Noel - I'm so glad you got some cooler weather. You so deserve it. We have dropped drastically.

Our weather has gotten colder, and man, what a difference. One gets used to just grabbing a sweatshirt jacket and that is just not enough when it's 19 degrees outside.

Have a great day.

Poirot/RS: thanks for the update on Squirrel and sharing the great report she received from her doctor. This news made my day!! Prayers continue for her total healing.

Shan: bundle up and hope for no mire sniw to shovel. Stay safe and warm.

Hi everyone!

Great news about rs!

It was 65 degrees when I went to work at 9am and 45 when I got off at 5. Our state motto should be “Welcome to Virginia...if you don’t like the weather just wait a couple of hours”:rotfl:

Manda, Gena and I can almost share shoes.

Muzza, glad you had a great weekend. Stay warm.

Robin, hope you got some sleep.

Noel, enjoy your cooler temperatures.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

Hi Red: good to hear from you. A friend in Virginia told me she is never bored by the weather there and you could echo that sentiment. Have a great evening.

Back