SPOILER !! 2/15 Soap Opera Digest confirms returning cast member

Ooooh, can Abby or Chad find him in the cage cell in DiMansion's sub basements? Where he has been since he refused to kill Hope, and the look alike did it?
Shoot, we are having repeat stories anyway...

I've updated the thread title to indicate this has been confirmed by SOD (and Jason47) and is not just a rumor.

I guess I'm a bit curious about this news. I like Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) and thought both the actor and the character were treated shabbily by the new regime. I like the idea of a look-a-like and Andre has been holding the real Aiden but this will probably just be something to do with Chase as he works through his issues.

I like the idea of a look-alike as well. It redeems Aiden and at the same time may make Andre look not so laughable anymore. Also, Hope will have to eat crow again and I could see them going down the path of a Rafe/Hope/Aiden triangle perhaps with Jennifer thrown in too assuming Matt Ashford (Jack) hasn't secretly signed a contract.

Yeah, I just never understood the new regime's theory that removing basically all of the characters from the previous regime was a good idea. There are plenty of other romantic options for Aiden other than Hope (Jennifer or Nicole to name two) not to mention I would much rather have had Aiden be the resident lawyer in town than suddenly having Belle get a law degree offscreen (if anything, it would have made sense to have Shawn be the lawyer since years ago that is what he was interested in doing and he even worked for Mickey, but I digress). Plus, Aiden's son is here in town so there's story possibility there. They could have expanded some friendships for him. It's not like he could only be tied to Hope.

In the Twitter thread for this week, there is a photo posted that clearly has Freddie Smith (Sonny) in it on the TBD set. So looks like he is back too.

Maybe the writers are listening to us and are trying to correct some of the holes from the Fall storylines.

I think he was covering his tracks. If you zoom in on the photo, you can clearly see it is Freddie Smith (Sonny).

This is how Brandon Beemer (Shawn)'s return was spoiled as well. Someone posted a photo of him on set.

Well, I did zoom in......did not seem like Freddie Smith (Sonny) to me. But, who knows?
I was just happy to see Lujack & Beth (GL) together. Wonder if Adrienne will be back at the K mansion when Deimos is there? Justin, too.

And now :back: to Aiden, Alive or Dead?

I zoomed in, too. Hard to say. It could be him. Or like Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) said, could just be a stagehand who resembles Freddie Smith (Sonny).

Unless they've done a very good job keeping it secret, 6 months from now seems like a very long time for Chase to be needing a ghost Aiden. I hope his tortured soul storyline isn't dragging out that long.

And I went to the twitter thread and zoomed in on the picture. If that's not Freddie Smith (Sonny), he has a twin walking around on set.

Hard to believe SOD would have him on the cover if he wasn't coming back soon. I'm trying to remember but fairly recently he appeared on that online show Loungin with Tony and his tune seemed to be very positive about Days. I'm guessing he was already taping or about to start.

Would be interesting to see Aiden take Belle under wing too as a lawyer.

Not getting my hopes up until more details about Aiden's return are released. And whether or not a reunion with Hope will factor in.

It would great if Aiden was Aiden and the one who died was a DiMera double.
It would explain the sudden change in Aiden the last weeks he was alive.

Hopefully that will finally spur Hope to acknowledge the elephant in the room and wonder why Aiden tried to kill her.

Last edited:
Back