2-18-18 - Donuts and snow???

Good morning.....hey, either Mother Nature or Ol man Winter, maybe both, seem to have PMS, don't they. Cannot make up their minds at all. Last night, weatherman said our snow was coming from Montana, where he said it was passing thru at that moment. Looks like you caught some stragglers, Lil0. Yes, we are expecting snow, but certainly are surprised to hear you got caught. Ugh. Fortunately for you, probably will melt soon..............hopefully.

Sure hope OC is o.k. gosh, that poor woman has had misery in spades. Then to have the internet go out, for no reason. Weird.

Very cloudy here, overcast, grey, and I will be off to church in an hour or so. Do hope everyone is feeling o.k. today.....tis Sunday, rest, folks.

Now that it is daylight, I see that the snow is still coming down. Temps are supposed to get into the mid 30s this afternoon, so maybe some of this will melt off. But it will drop into the mid 20s tonight, so what remains will turn to ice. Yuck!! I'm supposed to go to an event off-island tomorrow. I hope conditions improve!

OC ~ I'm sure thinking about you. You are dealing with so much -- all at once! I hope your doctor is able to come up with a plan that will help you get through this safely.

Good Sunday Morning,

The sun is glaring in our window as we prepare for church. It always seems odd because where I grew up it is near freezing with snow and then I read all your posts about Old Man Winter. We are supposed to be cool again today and that is a true joy.

Lil0: I was surprised to read you had snow in your yard too. You live in such a beautiful area, but I don't remember snow there this late. Hope it clears for your off-island event tomorrow.

Poirot: when do you expect a little sunshine and Spring in your area? Hopefully the clouds hold their gift until you are safely home from church and can enjoy your Sunday.

OC: thinking of you as always and hoping you are feeling much much better this morning!!

To all who post after me, hoping your Sunday is a relaxing and enjoyable one!

Morning all.

Got half of what I needed to get done yesterday, which is good, because I have today to get the other half done. Taxes complied and ready to ship to tax man. Deposition read and signed ready to go to the attorneys. Trees trimmed and moved and marked so the water system can be changed to water them. And the most important, I got my hair cut.

It appears the cortisone shot I received in December is wearing off, which is not good news. But it is what it is.

OC - it is so good to see you back. I agree with you on doctors not being accessible. Years ago, I went through a really bad time because no one would believe me. It took 15 months a weight loss of 65 pounds before the medical team looked at the first ultrasound done and saw what I had seen and proved my point.

And I am a strong advocate for my own care. Or as it said on my record, "Difficult Patient" On one of my boys pediatrician records, it said "mother can be confrontational", the other's record said "mother quite difficult" because I questioned them and asked what else could we try. Even my current doctor, who I'd leave if I could find another in network doctor accepting new patients, has been less than wonderful. Good luck, my friend.

Have a great Sunday. And for me, whooo hooo, I have one more day afterwards. 3 day weekend!!!

Good afternoon. Thanks all, I still have a stuffy head and I can't stop coughing but at least I'm not in excruciating pain. In an attempt to get some strength back, I'm going to make myself a big fat hamburger for lunch! Also am getting on the elliptical stepper for a minute at a time, to try to get things circulating. Yesterday I got to wishing for a gooey sticky bun (something I never have--can't remember when) or a piece of pecan pie or some such but alas, didn't have any of that and knew it wasn't what I needed anyway.

Lil0, from what little I've seen and heard of your place, I'm imagining how stunningly beautiful it must be with the snow. I hope somehow the ice won't develop into the problem it could be.

Noel, I have a lot of windows and know about the sun glare but your breaks from it are fewer than ours. Sometimes it's not easy to accept, and even harder to embrace, the harsh realities of our surroundings. Wishing you a Sunday of blessings.

Poirot, unfortunately, I think you have a long way to go before you get much relief from winter conditions. I hope your Sunday morning was a refreshing time.

Robin, you make me think of a roadrunner, zipping around and getting your goals done. If I could harness you and Kat, there's no telling what could be accomplished here at my place. I had to laugh at the discrepancy between being a strong advocate for your own health care, and how the medical staff had described you as confrontational or difficult. It's all in the perspective. I sometimes wish I could be more assertive.

We have a chance of rain for the whole week. So far, everything that comes this direction either slides past us or amounts to nothing. We need the rain badly. I am glad for the clouds though. We're getting into the 80s* some days now.

Robin: wishing you luck on finishing the other half of projects today after completing so much yesterday. Nurses encourage patients to be strong advocates but many doctors whine. My motto? Speak up anyway! It is your body and your life to live. I can't print what one doctor's file labeled me! My new doctor told me and I am proud of that label.

OC: hope you continue to feel stronger as you eat more protein and exercise a little each day. Actually your ranch duties sound like exercise to me. Whatever you decide about your eye drops/surgery you have my full support. What a joy that you are posting again today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noel, you are going to have to start reading your posts after submitting them, lol, they sure do get weird at times.

Is it possible to turn auto-correct off??? Just curious...I definitely understand why it helps......would hate to tell you how many times MY fingers hit the wrong keys on this keyboard. sigghhhh.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been a pretty good but fairly busy day. I woke up fairly early, had some breakfast and went to work doing things around the house. I will be honest I was not motivated at all because I have tomorrow off (Family Day Holiday) but decided that the more I get done today the more rest and relaxation I will have tomorrow so I got a lot done. After my chores I had some lunch and then took a nap. After my nap I did more chores around the house and right now I am relaxing. I still have a few more things to do tomorrow but I had a really productive day.

The weather has been pretty co-operating today. Right now it is sunny which is a site to behold in itself, and 39*F. It's a pretty nice winter day here and when do I ever say that?!?! All the time.

Wishing all of you a super Sunday. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Poirot - my phone is older and you cannot uninstall or turn off auto correct. I do read my posts before posting but it corrects during posting. At work I just don't usually have time to wait but will try to do that more often.

McSweetie - wishing you a lovely night.

Hi everyone.

Just struggling to get much done today once I finally got home from laundry, church, Lowe's, and Aldi. I'm glad I put clean sheets on the bed right after stripping it this morning. I've been lazy the last few weeks, and put the freshly laundered ones back on the bed when I got home with them. So now I've gone from white flannel with little red snowflakes to red and black plaid flannel.

GRRR I don't know if my living room DVD player is on the way out or if it is telling me that I just don't need to watch the movie I put in.

I hate auto-correct. It keeps changing Sequim (pronounced "Skwim", a Washington state city where my cousin lives) to sequins.

I guess I better start on my federal taxes. Yes, I've still been procrastinating.

A cloudy day here in the 50s. Rain expected most of week.

Smart phones aren't smart if they auto correct incorrectly, are they? :)

Lil0, sorry to hear you're still getting snowy weather.

robin, enjoy the rest of your three day weekend.

OC, I hope you enjoyed your hamburger. Take care.

rs, I told my Sunday school class about your eye report today.
I told them your next visit in 6 months and keep praying.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday.

Squirrel: I often replace clean sheets on the bed during weeks of daily shift changes. Call me last, it's okay. Ditto on the auto correct. Hope you get to watch the movie.

Kat: I giggled at your smart phone comment. Hope your evening is a great one.

For me, it is back to Olympic figure skating. Goodnight.

Back