2/23/18 - Donuts and who wants some snow?

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning......boy, we had a winter advisory beginning at 4 p.m. yesterday, but though it got cloudy, nothing happened. But overnight.......WOW.........Wham, it really came down, and must have been hard and whiteouts , etc. because this a.m. the tree branches (pine tree) are bent way down from the weight, everything is pure & blinding white, everything closed (schools, offices, etc) and am sure the skiers here are on cloud 9. Main St. was filled with snow yesterday from other areas, there is a huge "Birkebeiner" bridge erected across the 4 lane highway, as skiers come out from the route thru the woods, across a lake, up over that bridge onto Main, and down the 4 blocks to the finish line. No idea how they now will manage parking with all this new snow. Today is the shorter race, called the Korteloppet, and tomorrow will be the massive one, the Birkebeiner.

A friend called me for lunch yesterday, picked me up, and so I got to see skiers out walking, carrying their skies (they practice) and the tons of cars making traffic rather difficult. I know the supermarket has their main entrance blocked because the street is closed as it is crossed to get on that bridge. So, the only way in is thru a gas station on the other highway, and good luck trying to make a left turn thru all the traffic. O.K. I know you all have no idea what the blazes I am talking about, and sure wish I could do those little videos, but.......well, last night's TV was full of this stuff, and I still wonder if other areas of the country will carry any of it under the "sports" news. LOL

Not snowing currently, but Sat. nite, another storm is arriving.

Good morning. Wow, I hope you don't have to go anywhere today, Poirot.

We had another light snowfall the night before last, but most of it melted yesterday. I hope my roads are clear this morning. I have to go about 20 miles up island to the hospital this morning for an MRI. And I need to leave before the sun has had a chance to do any melting of ice. Brrrrr.

I got my IRS forms completed and filed yesterday. Whew. Always nice to be able to cross that task off the list.

Wishing you all a safe and cozy day.

Morning Everyone,

No snow here but lots of rain and ice, so Gena has a 2 hour school delay. I'm working from home for now. I'll go to the office after I drop her off.

Really glad I have the option to do this.

Poirot - if you have to go out, please be careful in all the new snow.

Lil0 - be safe on your trip to the hospital.

Another gloomy day here. Rain expected this afternoon.

Some good news. Men came today to work on the house across
the street again that had fire. It's been four weeks since anyone
has been there.

Poirot, I'll take some snow rather than more rain.

Lil0 and manda, be safe on the roads today.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Lil0, I thought of you yesterday when I went with my niece to feed cows. A couple of times, big sheets of ice (frozen sleet) went flying off the top of the truck cab. OOH! Just this moment, I heard some fall off the house! It was very messy with the cows yesterday--ice, slush, and mud all mixed. Lil0, be safe and I hope your MRI turns out good.

Poirot, I haven't heard anything about your local activities but I haven't been watching as much news as usual so I could easily have missed it. Stay inside and be safe and warm if you can.

Manda, it's great you have some options in your work schedule. You be safe too.

Kat, I'm sure Squirrel would agree with you on the rain/snow. I probably would too. I was just telling my niece yesterday, as much as I'm grateful for any moisture we've gotten, I don't think I could live where it rains a lot.

I'm going to try for the nursing home today. Husband called me four times yesterday, saying he's got to get out of that place. I also have a couple of errands in town that must get attention. Have a good day, everyone.

Morning everyone.

It is cool here this morning. The heater came on several times last night. It is set at 64. Mr. Gus is almost his old self again. Yes!!!!!

Big weekend ahead, going to a festival. I'm taking stepmom the first day and working it alone or without her on Sunday. Long days but fun.

https://www.azmatsuri.org/

Happy Friday.

Well, I'm in the office now. Giant puddles are everywhere. I can see why they delayed school. My neighbor's driveway looks like a skating rink. They have gravel so they rarely shovel the snow. So now with all the rain, they probably have a good 2 inches of ice on most of the driveway. It probably doesn't help that our driveway (they are side by side) is angled to run away from my house, which in turn directs the water to their driveway and the road.

OC - glad your niece was able to help you feed the cows. Safe travels when you go into town.

Kat - glad work has resumed on the house across the street.

Robin - so glad that Mr. Gus is starting to feel better. Have fun at the festival.

No way, Jose! You can keep all that snow. It's 80 degrees here and I'm in a sun dress. It's slightly breezy, and I am in sandals with my toenails painted a pretty pink. We had our week of winter last month and we're done. I love this place. Bring on the warm sun on my face!

Tonight I'm going to the local high school to watch the school performance of Shrek. We know the fairy godmother! And my oldest is excited to finally see the show from the audience, as she loved it when she was in it.

Well, the snow is finally melting!!! It's down to 9" now and melting fast!! Hope that's the end of it until next year.

Noel, you can have my snow anytime you want. Although, it sure is pretty in my 100ft fir trees and covering the lawns!!

OC, you really got hit hard this year didn't you? Be careful going to the nursing home today.

Poirot, hope you enjoyed your lunch out with a friend today!

Stay safe if any of you will be on the road today!!

Big hugs to all. Joan

Sounds like everyone is having weather issues today. We are the same again today, however, the warm up is coming and bringing snow with it. It's supposed to snow all weekend.

Robin - thanks for the site on the festival. I want to go..

Have a great day. Busy here at work.

Good evening everyone .

It was another long day at kindergarten registration. Plus the school nurse asked if I would screen several mentally challenged and/or severely autistic students for her since she couldn't screen them with an eye chart. She was amazed at how easy it was for me.

PLEASE send me some of that snow. I'm so sick of all this rain, and my lungs can't take it. Thank goodness my basement has stayed dry. I feel for the folks from Pittsburgh on down the Ohio River along the Ohio/West Virginia border. The flooding is horrendous.

We're also under a flood watch here. So far, my creek hasn't overflowed.

Well this has been a very EXPENSIVE week. Mr. Gus is now close to $1000 for the week (maybe a Big Mac and fries away). He has a severe bone spur that has built up around his slipped disk L3-4. So it's an older wound but it is now causing issues. AND he has colitis. So he now has to have a special diet white rice and chicken.

So, Mr. Man picks the chicken out of the rice. He is to get several small meals a day. AND we need to be out of the house all day tomorrow and Sunday. He also has steroid medication for his back, colitis medication, a probiotic and Tramador for pain.

And the 30k mile check up for the car. Why is that so expensive????? Well, that was done at the dealer not the local shop.

I'll let you know how well tomorrow goes with the little man and his traveling show.

Off to the Olympics.

Back