2-23-2017 - Donuts and Weekly Monsters

K

ktspirit

Good morning. Yes, it's garbage pickup day and Remmy can't stand it. Why don't some dogs get used to routine things? Some go crazy over the mailman who comes almost everyday, the vacuum cleaner that is run often, etc. At least Remmy loves the nice mail lady and just hides from the vacuum, lol. I just don't get the mentality of these obsessed dogs.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy day.

Good morning, our wild and weird night is over, who knows what is to come. Was watching Law & Order SUV, heard a loud boom.......gosh, sounded like thunder. Can't be, this is February. Looked outside, oooh, there is lightning....and then the rain began. Yep, wind, thunder, lightning, rain.....temp was around 35-36. And this morning.....yep, it snowed, all changed over to snow, trees, ground, etc. not all that much, maybe just 1/2 inch. Am sure it is that yukky, heavy, wet stuff. I also figure that Mother Nature & Ol Man Winter have had a great time at their little party, are drunk, and having a good time with all their pranks. Earlier in day, yesterday was the huge fog...:drunk:Wonder if they throw pins at the U.S. map as they pick cards saying, rain, tornado, snow, wind, sleet, sun, flood, etc.

kt, our one dog was scared to death of the vacuum, and barked her fool head off at any knock at the door, while hiding. LOL. But our golden, who loved everyone, was so kind, gentle.......just went berserk at the mailman, who was always nice, talked softly to her and tried to pet her if she was outside (fenced in area) but nope. LOL

We are to get more snow tonight, so weatherman says. We have a winter storm watch out beginning 6 p.m. tonight to Sat. a.m. Imagine Mother Nature & her buddy will have quite the hangover by then.

Good morning everyone. I'm on the road again. My co-worker is driving so I won't get a ticket for being on my phone.

It is warm and overcast here, but Poirot's weather will be here by Sunday.

I'm going into a no cell service area soon. Gotta love the mountain areas. Will check in when back at the office this afternoon.

Good Morning Everyone,

Well my brother-in-law has determined that the 25 inch counter top will work in my kitchen as the cupboards are 25 inches, so it will still be the color I post a picture of yesterday. But instead of paying for custom cut counters ($270), we can buy them pre-cut from the home improvement store at $45. Yay!!

That leave me money left over to buy the self stick gel tiles to go over the ugly peach back splash. Here's a close up picture of the tile I want. It can go right over the old tile as long as we clean it really well first.

479dc879-ed1e-48c5-a439-c06e1450e62b_145.jpg

KT - Remmy is just trying to protect you from the scary garbage truck. :)

Poirot - we're on the look out for snow later today. Hope the weather isn't too bad for you today.

Shan - be careful in the fog, it's my least favorite weather.

RS - safe travels to you and your coworker.

A.Guy - I've heard the same thing about vacuums and puppy ears.

Happy Thursday!!

Morning all.

Well, bad news. I didn't have the winning Powerball ticket. I bought one for the office pool. My coworkers live in a state that doesn't participate so I purchase one ticket when it gets to be a large enough jackpot to split and still have money left over. In order to get their share they have to pay me back their portion of the $2 ticket. I know my odds of being injured by lightning, a shark or a sink hole are larger than winning. It' still worth 2 bucks once in a while to think of what I would do with my share of the money.

Not much going on today. My stepmother dropped out of our weekend plans. So now I have to go work at the function I was going to take her to, to avoid working at. Dang. A good golfing friend of her and my died, so she is attending his service on Saturday and is busy on Sunday. I'll get her next week.

Happy Thursday all.

Good Day,

The sun is brightly shining and the temperatures are mild this morning. There is a little breeze and a few clouds.

The vacuum terrifies my only dog now and one of the cats. They run and hide room by room. Absolutely nothing calms them until that thing is back in the hall closet. They stay stiffed at me for a while afterwards too.

Make it a good day everyone.

KT: no idea why are pets don't learn that an object won't harm them or us. My retriever learned but my lab remains suspicious of the loud beast.

Shan: my favorite day is cold, misty/hazy with snow. Sorry it is eerie to you. It is a somewhat rare phenomenon many places.

Poirot: your weather fascinates me because it varies so often. You know I am outright jealous. The only cards Mother Nature plays here is glaring sun, heat and dust storms. Hope your coming storm is not severe.

AGuy: if the pets bark for excitement that is better than tearing up shoes, socks and assorted clothing.

RS: glad you can relax as your coworker drives. Enjoy the beauty of the mountains as you go.

Manda: love those horizontal and hide tile covers. What a joy to not need custom counters too. Your day is a very good one.

Robin: sorry you lost a good buddy. Hope this weekend turns out better than it sounds.

Take care everyone.

JS - I found the tiles on the Home Depot website, there are several options and they look super easy to use. There are even instruction videos on the site.
Robin - so sorry that you step-mom backed out of the plans you had.
OC - so sorry to hear that the rodent problems continue, hope the mouse proofing works.
Noel - sounds like you have a very nice day in store for you, at least if it doesn't get too hot.

Happy Thursday everyone. Hope your day is going well!

It's foggy here this morning and chilly. In the 30's and some snow is being called for tomorrow morning. I'm sure our weather people will be wrong again!:rolleyes:

Hope you all have a great rest of your day.

Hugs, Joanie

Another beautiful day here. Big changes coming overnight. The high will be
only in the 50s Fri (I know) and below freezing Fri and Sat night. Pear trees are
blooming now. I wonder how many will be on Sunday?

Today I finished learning Excel in computer class. Next week, I start PowerPoint.
I used my trimmer today. I need to mow, but I didn't feel like doing that.

Goldie doesn't like the vacuum either. I have her outside part of the time, but when
she's inside she goes under the bed.

OC, good luck with mouse proof plan. I hope you got out to get your boxes of goodies.

manda, I'm glad you found a cheaper way to fix your kitchen.

robin, try to enjoy the Sat event even though you'll have to work there.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

I'll have to take a before and after picture for all of you so you can see the difference in my kitchen.

Kat - 50's sound like great temperatures to me, congrats on finishing your Excel class, and have fun in Powerpoint. You can do some fun things in that program. :)

Boy, the weather forecast has changed a few times now since yesterday. The winter storm watch has now been moved from 6 p.m. to midnight.....lasting to noon on Sat., when it was originally 6 a.m. LOL. And today, we were to be 46-48, but only got to 32 here, 29 in town. Don't know how the overnight snow mostly melted, I think from sun. Our anticipated Friday snow of 6-12" is now down to 1-4". LOLOL
The storm path either moved north or maybe south, as Minneapolis was supposed to get a lot. We'll see.

I had to go to town, took care of a couple business things, picked up some groceries. Checker at WalMart I swear......put one item into each bag. It was ridiculous how many bags I had. I really would not want to go into town on Friday, besides the snow, all those skiers will be arriving....and it gets to be bedlam, traffic problems, etc. etc .

It amazes me to hear about the weather some of you have. Poirot, I never would have thought about not having thunderstorms in February.

Robin, I'm sad to hear about your friend. Take care.

Noel, I thought you had a collie named Sandy, too. I love them all, even if my dog can be aggravating at times, lol.

Manda, I'm so excited for you having your kitchen remodel job come together. I'd love to see the before and after pictures (and in between, while you labor, lol).

Kat: congrats on finishing Excel class and next starting PowerPoint. I haven't used either in quite a while but both are very useful. A good skill for church and volunteer work too.

Manda: I will look forward to your before and after pictures of your kitchen.

Dr Baker: glad your beagle loves the mail lady. Your carrier experiences sounded unnerving at times. What an experience.

Poirot: hope your weather is milder than predicted so you have freedom of movement on this weekend.

Off to a school meeting.

Poirot, :eek: on the Bloody Mary!

Manda, I'd love to see your before and after pictures. I'm a big fan of house remodeling projects. I used to like to do them but now I just like to look at them.

My dad used to say thunder in February means a frost in April. Of course for some of you frost in April is a given.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been a pretty good day. I went to work, came home and had dinner. After dinner I did a lot of chores around the house that needed to get done and right now I am relaxing and watching some television. I am so happy that tomorrow is Friday, this week has flew by.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful here as of late. Right now it is clear and 45 F, a balmy winter evening here. It was so warm today, it felt like April and I am not complaining. I think I am going to have to pay off Mother Nature once again for some more warm weather.

Wishing all of you a terrific Thursday evening. Much happiness to each one of you.

Poirot: that is a meal in a stein.

OC: wish your father's saying applied in west Phoenix.

McSweetie: so great to hear from you and know you are doing well. The best thing about tomorrow is that it is Friday!

Back