2/25/16 - Donuts and Wind

IamRed

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

I'm glad yesterday's crazy weather is gone. Tornado warnings went off multiple times yesterday. We did have a couple of tornados touch down. One unfortunately killed two adults and a toddler in the county next to mine.

This morning is very windy but the threat of storms is gone.

Good luck fighting the flu Noel and robin.

Working 7:30-3:30 today. I think I'll be taking a nap when I come home today because I'm already tired.

Have a wonderful day everyone and be safe!

Good morning. IamRed, thanks for checking in to let us know you are safe, and for starting the thread. So very sad that some didn't make it through the storms.

Physical therapist comes this afternoon. We'll do bath this morning. Looks like a nice day. I may have to check out the tire and see if it looks like it would hold air long enough to get to the station.

I'm disappointed I proved what I already knew would be true--the latest new mattress that I bought is not going to work with my back. After sleeping on it for a week and being "down in my back," it took several nights on an old mattress for the back to get better. So last night I tried the new one again. No, it is not going to work.

Good morning everyone. The rain has turned to freezing rain, and some snow has fallen. The meteorologists are calling for 3 to 4 inches of accumulation by tonight. That means we're actually going to get a heck of a lot of snow since most will melt when it hits our wet soggy ground.

I'm helping casework today since they're short handed. I'd rather being helping one caseworker with the food bank pick ups and deliveries to clients, but the boss has me driving clients to their appointments. Just what I need.......sitting in doctors' waiting rooms to pick up more germs. I know she's thinking more about me possibly getting hurt trying to lift / carry the heavy grocery bags. Oh well, at least I won't have munchkins coughing and sneezing in my face at school.

Red - Thank goodness you made it safely through the worst of the storms.

OC - I worry about you out there with little support (emotional and physical). I'm glad your niece will soon be living closer by full time.

My mattress is an extra extra firm, and I love it. I can't stand anything softer.

Good morning all. Started out grey skies, but the sun came out, and I do see blue, & even white puffy clouds. LOL A friend from Indiana called yesterday, telling of their storm, all the highways and interstates closed, big rigs, etc. ordered OFF any roads, etc.
We have a hole in the ice in front, an otter hole, which seems to be growing larger, but have not seen the critter himself in over a week. LOL
Am worried about Noel, as last we heard, she was going to hospital to get checked, and that was a couple days ago.
Arm still hurts but less, from the pneumonia shot on tuesday, however, turned my head wrong or something, and some muscle or tendon in neck got turned/twisted, something. So, that hurts a bit. But at least I got a pretty decent o.k. on overall health. Yep, some problems, like everyone else, but seems I am good for now. LOL

Cleared away a bunch of stuff from the desk, paid just a few bills, more of that today for me. (You know every time you throw away, it turns out you "needed that". LOL
Take care all.....have a good one.

It's a cloudy, cool, windy day here.

Red, I'm glad you're safe from the storms. We've had very strange
winter weather this year.

OC, I hope you'll find the right mattress for you soon.

I hope everyone will stay safe with the next winter storm coming.

Almost forgot......OC........I have a friend here who bought new mattress, and has "exchanged" it 3 times already. I was surprised the company would do that, but they have. She only would have one a week or two, and have to change. No idea if she needs firmer or foam or what.

Morning all. Trying the work thing again today. I feel pretty good even if I don't have any energy. I found a silly picture online and sent it to my kids. I received an update note that one of my boys left work early as he wasn't feeling well. We haven't spoken, and as with all my boys, he lives in California. Not sure what is wrong. I'll try to give him a call later today.

Red, glad to hear you are okay after the storms.

OC, I had issues with beds till I met my current hunny bunny and the sleep number bed. Good luck with your leaky tire too.

Going to try to have a great Thursday.

OC, I could use a new mattress, but I am intimidated by the selection process. And, they quickly become pretty expensive. :eek: :eek: We have a local store that advertises that their mattress "consultants" are "Certified," so I reckon it would be safe for me to shop there. :rotfl:

@RS, I am puzzled by the "extra firm" description. One would think that type of mattress would be the least expensive, but the contrary has been true for years. :confused: I will be looking for a soft one, while trying to avoid any hammocking. Will probably end up with some type of foam. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning friends.

My visit to ER prevented a partial lung collapse. Treatment has reduced pressure in breathing. This virus is filling the ERs in our local hospitals. Our high heat causes bacteria & viruses to rapidly spread/mutate. Wearing my Tinker Bell gown to brighten up my day. Is that too much info?! :love:

RED: relieved to know you are safe from tornado threats now. My family & friends in those areas endured but so sad about those who lost loved ones.

OC: so sorry about the new mattress, but we each have an individual fit. Glad your old mattress is still available and you are starting to feel less spasms. Here's hoping you find a mattress that works for you all night.

SQUIRREL: enjoy your casework today and hope your weather stays safe.

JS: glad you are safe with no property damage either. Isn't it wonderful when an old friend visits and it's like you just saw them yesterday? A special joy.

POIROT: yes, I do know how it is to need something I finally discarded. Part of Murphy's Law, I guess. Thanks for your concern -- I am doing better. Hope your arm heals today.

KAT: also happy you are safe despite the weird weather. Enjoy your Thursday.

ROBIN: you are brave woman to return to work today. The doctor told me it takes 2-3 weeks to heal from this particular supervirus. Hope you can try half a day for a while. Thinking of you and sending healing wishes.

I sure am glad to hear from Noel, and also Robin, and read they are getting to the "other side" of this horrible flu/virus. (guess the flu shot did not cover this one) The one thing that has to be taken into consideration is...one starts to feel a bit better, so begins to "do things" they really should not be doing. I don't care if it is laundry, washing dishes, or getting dressed to sit at a desk. LOL. It will take a toll, despite the fact we think not.
Last night, I watched Code Black, which was really depressing......but it is the E.R. in a huge hospital, that gets overloaded with too many patients all at once, thus Code Black. (Bus or train accidents, yesterday was an explosion and building collapse during a Senator's speech - he was running for President) - other stories involve multi cars, gas leaks, etc.
Depressing. I watched the show for about 10 minutes when it premiered, this was the first time I watched all the way through. Actors great, but storylines...too sad.
Should have gone and watched M*A*S*H* from the beginning (on Turner Classics). Instead, I did not go til the end.

Yes the storms yesterday were crazy.

I had to drive through the crazy rain and wind whipping around while my phone is blaring tornado warnings because I agreed to go troubleshoot a security system like thirty minutes away for my guy friend who always does so much for me.

Scheduling conflicts resulted in yesterday being the only viable day for me to go there so I went early in the morning. Took two seconds to figure out. I had to take the DVR back with me and then the dad ended up talking to me for almost an hour as the clear sky turned to a downpour. I was like, sir I have got to go.

Then it cleared completely up for the afternoon and kids were let out of school two hours early because a second round hit hard till about seven. Then clear skies again.

Today I applied for a loan to consolidate credit cards and lower my interest rate. He said everything looks good but they have to verify my residence with the landlord and she never answers the phone or returns calls, only texts. I texted her about the situation so hopefully she will just verify so this can be done.

Thanks JS & Poirot. It definitely is rest for me for a while. After coughing spells I drift off to sleep in my chair. My brain feels like it is stuffed with cotton so no major decisions to be made either.

ER was heartbreaking because the elderly & children were so frail yet so sick. Hoping they heal quickly.

YPG good choice to consolidated & reduce interest fees.
So glad you were not in tornado pathway.

Morning Everyone,

Glad to hear that all of you who are sick are at least on the road to recovery.

OC - so sorry that you new mattress isn't working out

RS - be careful amid those germs at the doctors' offices today.

Nothing much new going on here, for which I'm grateful, we have enough on our plates as it is.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Noel, I'm glad you posted. I was getting worried too since you usually post everyday in Donuts.
I was wondering since it's been so warm where you live if that made the virus spread and
be extra bad.
Germs love the heat.

LiLO Thanks for your concern and healing wishes. I missed chatting with all of you too.

KAT yes the heat causes with no dew causes bacteria/fungus/viruses to proliferate & mutate much faster. Our hospitals are struggling to care for the elderly and children with this virus.

Noel so glad you have checked in and are finally on the road to getting some better!

OC - you don't need the mattress problems with everything else going on around you! Good luck.

Squirrel - I hope with the weather and the sickies you are around today keep you from getting sick again.

JS - enjoy your visit from your old neighbor. It's always fun to just sit & visit with old friends!

I hope everyone's weather has settled down for now!

I remember when my folks would snow bird in Yuma, they would get this awful cold every year and Dad would end up in the hospital. The Doctors used to tell them every year, all you snow birds come down here and spread your germs and our hospitals fill up all winter long.

Stay safe everyone

Shannon

O.C. ...I talked to my friend, who is on her 4th mattress.....and is very satisfied with this one. Tempopedic. She had to pay a little more for this 4th one, but the first 3 were no cost for replacing. But I think perhaps she went a step up or maybe this brand is not in the same price range as the others.
She said there was never a hassle, but though the company has stores in 12 states, Texas is not one of them. LOL Good luck!

Good afternoon. I am so glad to hear those of you who have been so sick are on the way to recovery. Please take care of yourselves.

I've been helping my mother get home and settled from rehab today. It took me three trips with her Hugo walker, stuff packed in the compartments and on top, to move all the stuff she'd accumulated over the last three weeks, lol. We saw my dad before we left the nursing home, but I don't think he even realized we were there. It irritated me that he was sleeping and no one had put his CPAP on.

I brought my mother's laptop home to try and figure out why Windows won't load. There is no telling if she did something to it or if it's something else, lol. I haven't tackled it yet.

RS, I love those hard hotel mattresses. I don't know if they are hard because they are cheap or because they are extra sturdy/durable, but they feel good to me.

I'm going to fix something to eat and relax a bit. Take care, everyone!

Back