2/25/18 - Donuts, snowstorm, & Olympic Closing

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finish to the Birkebeiner.......You can see how exhausted the skiers are. These are just the beginning, the "elite" skiers, who finished about 2 hours after starting the 34 mile race (55 km) ...thousands more came thruout the afternoon.......these are mostly European skiers at the beginning......except for the woman winner, who was from MN.

Good morning, we had a huge, big snowstorm starting yesterday around 5 p.m. and continuing thru out the night......The wind is whipping everything around.....I think perhaps I will not be going to church this a.m. Listening to service on radio.

There are waist high drifts outside the window, and a few are chest high.....They have come to plow our driveway, but I don't know where all snow will go.........LOL, they had to take all that snow off Main St. last night..........just when it started to snow, so, no idea how the streets are now. They had so many detours, streets closed off, etc. yesterday, don't know how anyone got to go anywhere, unless they walked. Rough going, for sure.

Good morning. Thank you for the video of the end of the race. Wow, they look totally exhausted.

I'll be heading back to Matsuri in a bit. Much to do before then.

Mr. Gus was more like Mr. Gus this morning, ,so that is good to see. I'll leave him home with Hunny Bunny.

Have a peaceful Sunday all.

Our snow has turned to rain and warming wind, so no more snow for us for a while. We for sure have had enough and Poirot has had more than enough!!! That picture shows just how exhausted the skiers are.

Poirot - stay home today!!

robin - I am so glad that Mr. Gus is feeling better today!! Is he a Chihuahua?

SHANRICK - stay inside for the rest of the day. You've done enough for today.

Big hugs for you all today.

Yes, know I am being a pest.........but...just came across this.....the start of the race......so you can get an idea of the enormous race this is........They send them off in waves........starting around 8 a.m. and the last ones got off around 10 a.m. They come thru the woods, up and down hills, and come out into the town, have to cross a lake (see, told you they freeze, lol) then across a frozen river, a couple hwys, and then down Main st. But this is the Starting point.......

robin - I am so glad that Mr. Gus is feeling better today!! Is he a Chihuahua?

Newt - Mr. Gus is a 7 pound toy poodle. He originally belonged to my aunt and uncle who passed away many years ago, leaving the little man looking for a home. He was 5 years old at the time. He made the drive and adjustment from the Northern California Coast to the desert. He is now a sweet old man poodle.

A beautiful day here since no one sent me any snow. It's sunny and close
to 60. More of the same tomorrow. I was outside for an hour today.
First in the front yard, then I raked leaves out of the ditch. More came
after the flood from yesterday. I'll be raking again tomorrow. Rain
again in middle of week.

Poirot, thanks for posting videos. Stay in today and enjoy the view.

robin, I'm glad Mr Gus is doing better.

I hope everyone will enjoy their Sunday evening and get plenty of
sleep for another fun filled week.

Here is link to my YouTube account if you want to see the ditch full
of water.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0xyK8q3e9rFDADCnWXmxBA/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

If you look through the fences, you can see the yards with water.
Ditch is better today. The pile of leaves along side were supposed
to be high enough from the water. Not yesterday.

Oh, my gosh, Kat, I would hate to have to keep raking those leaves, what kind of trees are those that keep shedding leaves? Don't your neighbors ever do any of it? And where does that creek go...does it empty into a lake?

Wow, Kat, I don't think there is any end to your raking! That water looks like a creek.

Poirot, your picture from yesterday reminded me of Dr. Zhivago. The videos were interesting too. And that temporary bridge!

Glad Mr. Gus is doing better.

Last evening I had to go pull my niece out of a mudhole. My yard drained pretty fast, since the hill I live on is gravel/caliche, but surrounding pastures don't dry out as quickly. The county roads are good though. It got to 72* today, nice and sunny, no wind. A perfect day. More possibility of rain on Tues. and Wed. My son's house in Fort Worth got water in the master bedroom and bathroom. They had to tear out the carpet and do some repairs.

The town I live in doesn't have yard waste pickup. Most of the people have
privacy fences so they don't pay attention to the ditch when it's overflowing.
The ditch is wide behind my house. Two houses down, it's not wide. When
I first moved here, I went down and realized how bad it was. I tried a
few times making it wider with a hoe. It gets so narrow it disappears.
The water runs off into a river. One year the river backed up.

I'm not sure what kind of leaves, but with so much water I think some
came down where ditch starts on other side of road.

Back