2-26-2017 - Donuts and Turkeys

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. Just got finished watching about 30 turkeys loitering in my yard. They skipped the tree this time. A quiet morning here. No plans for the day. My big day for the visit to the historical ranch is tomorrow. I'm hoping everything can stay on an even keel until then.

Squirrel, I guess you are enjoying your snow. I'm wondering if Poirot could get out to church this morning. The conditions up her way were so erratic, there's no telling what it is like today.

Noel, I hope you are doing okay. In my experience, the day or two following a fall is the worst.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Morning all.

Yesterday I was busy doing some errands and a nap. That surprised me. I sat down for a few minutes and next thing I knew it was almost two hours later. But boy, did I feel good in the afternoon. Today, a trip to Target, Walgreens and Staples. The fun stuff, right??

Noel - I hope don't feel worse today after the fall.

RS - I have peeked in on April (the giraffe) from time to time. She is making us wait, that's for sure. And what a nice store to help out your friend.

Have safe Sunday.

Good afternoon....and the weirdness continues. It was cold this a.m. but roads were clear, however about 10 miles from home the skies darkened it began to snow. Egads, and did not wear boots. Snow all the way to town, blowing wind. ugh. And it seems many of the skiers (probably many of the ones from WI, MN, IL. which would be not all that far away, apparently left town after the race got cancelled.

Our church always has this huge spaghetti feed on Friday evening before the race.....600-800 meals are served. Well, they probably only had maybe 200 or so. Can you imagine all the food left over. So, after church, folks were invited to help themselves to some unused food items.........there were loaves and loaves of Italian bread, My gosh! Some in sealed plastic bags as they were sliced and buttered. Gallon bags of cooked spaghetti pasta, and cut up lettuce for salad. Plus little paper plates with various cakes and cupcakes, wrapped in Saran wrap. So much left over food. No idea about the sauce. Had to be a lot of that, maybe it is frozen. ??

So the sun comes out, goes away, darkens, snow flurries, sun back out, rinse, repeat. LOL

I have a change in my weekly schedule so now I'll be cleaning house Sunday afternoons.
Another cloudy day here. Sun should be back end of week.

Poirot, I hope your church invited other churches or groups to have a nice dinner.

OC, enjoy your trip tomorrow.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday

Good Sunday Morning,

It's partly overcast today and cooler which means I am very happy! Missed church -- slept in due to aching muscles. Plus I am sporting bruises that look like 'tats' according to the children. It is a day of rest, watching the dresses worn at the Oscars, and relaxing.

OC: glad the turkeys avoided the trees this time and you could enjoy watching them stroll your property. So excited for your historical ranch visit tomorrow and look forward to hearing all about it!

JS: I would be dancing outdoors if we had snow flurries so wave them westward! Enjoy your restful quiet day.

Robin: enjoy your 'fun stuff' today. Yes, I am much sorer/bruised today than before. Don't you love how we age we can doze off in a nanosecond but awake revived? I do! Enjoy our beautiful day today.

Poirot: what a weather adventure you have daily. Hopefully your church can feed some homeless people with that extra dinner items. What a blessing to offer it for the congregation. The unemployed would be greatly blessed to have a couple free meals too. It made me smile to think of their generosity.

Kat: hope your schedule change is one you prefer and gives you more free time. Have a great Sunday.

Take care everyone and enjoy a day of rest.

We have 3 food shelves in town, so whatever got left definitely went there. As to the dinner, when you are expecting 800 people, and 200 show up, a bit late to be calling other churches to come in and have dinner. This dinner is for the skiers, their friends and family that come with, and is a "carb" meal, which they all need to fill up on for the racing.

By the way, every Wed. the churches get together and put on a free meal for the poor, taking turns among them for the "where", with volunteers from all the churches working that evening.

Our church also has 2 homes to shelter those without a place to live, or who have fallen on hard times. I believe the longest they can stay is 2-3 months. There are NO homeless living on the streets here, just too cold. We do have the Salvation Army and Red Cross. For a small, tiny l town, it is amazing how much help can be had.

Good evening everyone. I'm off to bed in a few minutes. I had fallen asleep on the couch. When I woke up, I remembered that I hadn't put sheets on the bed after washing them today. Had to get that done before making my lunch for work tomorrow. I went from white flannel sheets with gray and red snowflakes to red and black plaid flannel.

I had to wait for the flock of turkeys to cross the road when I was leaving the house around 7:30 this morning. The tom stood in front of my car with his wings spread out until all of his ladies had passed. I counted 32 hens as I yelled at the tom that he wasn't a crossing guard since he didn't have a neon yellow vest and flag.

GRRRR The snow storm shifted, and they got 8 inches of snow an hour north of me. Our snow from yesterday disappeared, and we only had a few lazy snowflakes today.

OC - no baby giraffe as of 9:55 tonight.

Poirot - Canceling the race has to have a huge economic impact on your area.

Poirot, I wasn't thinking at all how cold it is where you live and the
homeless. I see them a lot in my town. It saddens me how many
people don't have a place to live.

Noel, I'll be having less free time for awhile.

Interesting to read the turkey stories today.

Did not watch either....swore off the award shows since entertainers now seem to feel the need to use winning (or even just presenting) as a reason to give a political opinion. Used to be one could sit back and enjoy the shows....now they no longer are entertaining.

Did not watch either....swore off the award shows since entertainers now seem to feel the need to use winning (or even just presenting) as a reason to give a political opinion. Used to be one could sit back and enjoy the shows....now they no longer are entertaining.

Exactly!! Thanks for posting what happened everyone.

Back