2-6-2016 - Donuts and Starry Skies

K

ktspirit

Good morning. I don't know what today will bring, but if this morning is any indication, it could be very good. I saw a beautiful scene with the moon, Mercury and Venus, then a lovely sunrise! I'm happy now, lol.

moonvenusmercury.png 2616sunrise.png

Take care!

I wish I could take pictures of the beautiful sunrises I see.
Busy day so Goldie and I had an early walk. 24 outside now.
I saw the crescent moon and star on right. what planet is that?

I hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning......no pretty sunrise here, so love the pic. Amazingly, Kat, 24 here as well. However, you know how they say when it rains, it pours? Well, it is coming in torrents for me, it seems.

You all know I have furnace troubles, and one thing after another with it, for a new furnace it sure has different failing parts. Gas valve, circuit board, now the blower motor. And of course, though new, bought 6 or 7 years ago, (a bargain, "just in case" deal the hubby could not pass up) so no warranty in effect any more. Grrrr. Definitely no bargain.

Last few weeks my phone has been acting up, going dead suddenly (yes, charged up), and I discovered it was no longer letting me know I had voice mail, as I checked, and .......I had around 25 messages going back to Christmas!!!

This morning, I made coffee, left the room, returned and the "keep hot" light was no longer on, tho the switch was on. Long story short, my Bunn coffee maker is dead.

Plus, my chiming clock is not working right, as when I put in new batteries, it only is a month or so before the chiming goes off again. (by that, I mean, at 6 a.m. it is chiming 7 times.......always an hour ahead. It will go to 2 hrs.

Just all getting to me. I tell ya.

Definitely wishing you all a much better day, week, month! LOL

Ack, Poirot, I wish your day could have started as lovely as mine. All of that is enough to dampen anything.

Kat, the bright planet Venus was to the right of the moon and Mercury below. We can't see Mercury often, as it is closest to the sun.

It was cold outside this morning, so I bundled up to take the pictures. When I came inside, I left my knit cap on because I was still cold. I was wearing it when I went to give Sparky a treat from breakfast. He apparently didn't recognize me and bowed up, but he did take the treat, lol.

A quick good morning, as I have to get going to the hospital. I see everyone has their problems so I won't linger on mine. Just to say having the husband in the hospital is not really a rest for me. Unless I am there with him every moment, he thinks I haven't been there that day and thinks I am not coming back at all. Nurses have to call me at home and let me talk to him.

Kt, I was unfortunately up most of the night and noticed the stars were so bright. I spent an hour going from one side of the house to the other, looking at them through the windows. I was thinking of you and wondering if you could see them too. Unlike you, I wasn't brave enough to go outside in the cold to look at them.

Gotta run. Have the best day you can, everyone!

Morning all. Currently 5*C (41*F) and to get warmer this week. Sorry to hear and see the crazy amounts of snow in the east this winter. I wish we could say that we've had snow but we really haven't this winter. Everything is going to be so dry this summer. We took our condo off the market for a bit and will be listing with a friend of ours. I traveled to Vancouver for work recently and today we are looking at 5 houses with our new realtor today. Prices are and have been dropping so much that we want to get in now while oil and gas are down cause when it does gear up again, so will the housing market. But........Sometimes best laid plans.

KT , beautiful pictures. I love it when you post your astronomy pics. I had a great uncle who was a priest and was an avid amateur astronomer that discovered by a chance a cascade of stars that was named after him. It is called Kembles Cascade.

Poirot, what troubles you've had. I hope your day and furnace gets better.

OC, sorry your husband is in the hospital and the strain it has had. Get some rest for you. It sounds like you could really use some.

Hope days get better and have a good weekend everyone.

Good Morning!

It is going to be a warm day in Arizona as we continue our travels with friends. They will see the eastern slope today -- my favorite is the Great Apache forest. Stunning!

KT: thanks for sharing your beautiful photos! Up north here we can see the starry skies much better at night. I was staring at the moon and stars last night as snow softly fell to the ground.

KAT: so happy you & Goldie enjoyed a nice brisk walk this morning. It is always a lovely way to begin the day in quiet contemplation with our special pets.

POIROT: sounds like you have electrical/wifi/heater gremlins in your house. How frustrating is that?! Sure hope your heater troubles get sorted out this season so they don't reoccur next winter. And maybe time to trade up on your phone? Hopefully your Saturday afternoon is progressing much better than your morning.

LiLO: enjoy your gardening this lovely weekend.

OC: Thinking of you this morning and wishing you had family/friends to help you out now. Your husband's forgetfulness is fairly common at this stage but that doesn't ease your fatigue, tension or stress. Know your friends think and pray for you daily.

MUZZA: hope you find a great home at a bargain price!

Well, just so busy but having great fun. I hope all of you stay safe and find something to be joyful about today.

Last edited:
Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been an okay day and definitely less busy then last weekend. Today I went out grocery shopping and picked up a few items that I needed and were on sale. I did not get a whole lot as I did not need as much. I ended up leaving the house pretty early but I am happy to say that it paid off because this time I was home early.

After I came home, I did some chores around the house but I ended up getting a headache and I have yet to get rid of it. It is becoming a migraine so I am hoping that I feel better soon as I would like to enjoy my Saturday evening. I even tried sleeping it off but the nap actually made my headache feel worse.

The weather has been okay today as it has been partly cloudy and cool. It snowed last night so there was a light dusting of snow on the ground but it has since melted away and we are back to grass. I have never seen a winter like this before, even the stores around here are discounting their boots and selling shoes.

OC: My love goes out to you and your husband.

KT: You must have a really good camera, your photos are awesome! :) Despite the lighting I can clearly see the planets and moon. What a fabulous shot!

I hope that all of you have a super Saturday!

Last edited by a moderator:
MCSWEETIE: As you see above I am traveling with my brother & friends. So great to hear from you. Hope your night is as wonderful as you wish.

I just got home after my busy day. I walked dog early because I knew I would
be gone most of the day. Shopped, did volunteer work, then went out with my
two women friends. We had a small lunch and saw Kung Fu Panda 3. A funny
movie if you can get to see it.

OC, I hope you're having help with chores and other things while your
husband in the hospital. Prayers continue for both of you.

Muzzaman, good luck with a new realtor. Neighbors down the street
switched and it sold less than two months after that.

Poirot, I hope next week will be a better one for you and all your gizmos.

I hope everyone has a pleasant evening

Hi all. Went into town really quick, bought a new coffee maker (reduced $10.00) and when I checked out, was asked if I wanted ins. for $9.00. LOL. There is a 3 year warranty, tooo funny. I said no.
Also got another phone, this time AT&T. I am prepping the coffee maker now, Phone goes in tomorrow. Bought new batteries for the chiming clock.
Alas, the furnace is not working, luckily I have space heaters, and it was sunny today, plus got up to 34, and not all that cold during night. Blower motor is kaput, needs repair. Try to find a repair place in one horse town U.S.A. On a weekend. LOL

A while back some of you were telling me how to unplug a sink with things like vinegar and maybe baking soda and such. I forget now just how it is supposed to go but I have a sluggish bathroom sink now and would rather try the natural solution before turning to the commercial products. I know Poirot had an idea I liked, and some of you others too. Would you please refresh my memory? Thanks!

Needed a bottle of drain cleaner, and picked one particular brand because it came with a little zip-tie-like snake. The snake has sharp barbs on the edges that snag hair caught in the drain. It works pretty well, but tends to get caught on a pop-up stopper. It helps a lot if your stopper is removable. Good luck, OC!

PS, you may be able to find a similar snake that is sold separately from a chemical cleaner:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Zip-It-Bath-and-Sink-Hair-Snare-BC00400/100665735

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Lil0. I'm going to try that.

I appreciate your information too, A. Guy. In the past I've had good success with Liquid Plumber alone (no need for a snake), and I have some on hand now, but I just want to try something less abrasive first.

Liquid Plumber worked great .....like they say, ...7 minutes! My bottle says "pro strength"...this was for a kitchen sink that was really sludged up evidently. Worked great.

Back