2-7-2016 - Donuts and Super Bowl Sunday

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Not that Super Bowl Sunday means anything to me, but it probably is on a lot of people's minds today.

Just a quick hello here before I get ready to go sit with the husband at the hospital. I'm thinking he will be dismissed tomorrow. Hoping he'll have enough strength to get up and down as needed.

Lil0, are the baby and new mom still with you?

Have a good day, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

Yep, Super Bowl Sunday is always a big day in this family. My younger daughter is hosting the gathering.

The baby and new mom are still with me, but they are spending the day at her friend's house and watching the game with the friend's family. The wee one is growing and changing by the day. Such a little cutie.

I hope you all enjoy the day.

Hello. I don't care about the Super Bowl, either. If I had TV service, I'd watch the Puppy Bowl, though!

Nothing much going on here, just resting my sore back. It's bruised from my shoulder blades to my hips, black and blue. I don't remember ever having a bruise anywhere near that size, lol.

Take care and stay safe!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday friends!

We're home and I am starting to organize the food for the "big game". Hey the parties are fun whether or not you enjoy the football. Anyway, I plan on eating way too many carbs today. hehehe

Wishing everyone a pleasant day -- whether watching paint dry, stargazing tonight, or just relaxing. Take care!

A party cloudy and windy day. No outside work for me today.

I won't be watching the Super Bowl either. I have better things to do.
When god sends me my guy, I will watch then if he wants to. We can
hold hands while he watches the game.

I'm working on my tax return today. Sorting papers and typing my forms.
I'll have to make some calls this coming week. I rolled over an IRA. I
think something was done wrong. No form says money was rolled over
and that's important.

Don't forget Downton Abbey is on tonight.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone,

It will be a quiet day for me and good day to just lay around. I've been running a lot this week and not sleeping well, and I'm really tired. Tina will be coming early tomorrow and we will go to the eye doctor to have my eyes checked then to the lab for a blood draw. After that, we go for breakfast, to the bank and post office, then grocery shopping! Busy day again!!
icon_e_smile.gif

We have a gorgeous morning with sunshine and blue skies. Haven't seen this for a long time. It's up to 47* and supposed to be in the 60's next week.

All who are sick, I hope you feel better soon and those who are well, please stay that way!

Love and hugs to all,
Joanie

Hi all, snowing here again, snowed during the night as well. Today is Downton Abbey day for me........though I imagine hubby will be watching. Not a sports fan at all, though for some reason I will occasionally watch part of a baseball game, but just really maybe 10-15 minutes. LOL
Downton for me.......not sure what else. I like Father Brown, but now they put it on too late. Watched Hallmark on Friday, forgot Sat. So maybe there will be something tonight. :)

Hey everyone,

Was 46F today--past few days have been quite chilly. It snowed overnight two days ago, but just a light dusting--most of it melted today. Beautiful sunsets! However, we're due for a cold snap for the next 10-15 days with chances of some snow. :angry: What happened to the early spring that was promised by the groundhog?!

I went to work today and stayed an extra hour, because they needed help. I guess some people took off for the Super Bowl, but I don't watch it anyways so I decided to stay. Also got great news! I applied on Friday to be a contributor for the Blog section of The Jerusalem Post (an Israeli newspaper), and had to submit an essay from last semester. Well they accepted me! So I'll be a pseudo-journalist, I guess, lol.

Hope all of you have a nice night.

Hey, that is just wonderful. Congrats, Daysdg.......

Must say, where you live now, you sure do have mild weather for winter. LOL. As far as that groundhog, early spring means March.........and for me, you ARE having early spring. Ha.

NEWT: rest on your quiet day today and regenerate your body. Wishing you peace rest & joy.

POIROT: Enjoy your duo Downton tonight. My PBS station ok only shows the new episode. Hope your day was restful.

OC: glad you are planning a quiet night catching up on Downton. Our prayers continue for you & hubby. Breathe deep & rest up.

DAYS: congrats! new journalist! I read the Post online so let us know when you are published!

Well so far my Broncos are holding on as we cheer for their win. The kiddos are switching between kitten/puppy/fish bowls and are much louder the adults. All of us had too many carbs and caffeine. :wink:

Figured out the problem---it hasn't been officially published yet. It probably will be sometime in the morning (the newspaper is based in Tel Aviv, so they're quite a bit ahead of us in terms of hours/time).

Back