SPOILER !! 2016 Returns Recap/Teaser

Jason47

Reaction score
"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" CAST RETURNS AND SOAP OPERA VET ADDITIONS CONTINUE TO GROW

12698530_681998575275753_8745112411094685412_o.jpg

The list of actors returning and soap opera vets joining "Days of Our Lives" continues to grow as we head further into 2016. Matthew Ashford returns for a 5-episode run as Jack Deveraux; Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) and Christian Ganiere (Parker) return to Salem this spring; Robert Scott Wilson isn't yet done with his terrifying role of Ben Weston; Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) is back (but in what way, and for how long?); Joseph Mascolo has already hinted that you've not yet seen the last of Stefano DiMera; Jordi Vilasuso makes his "Days" debut later this month as Rafe & Gabi's brother, Dario Hernandez; soap vets Alla Korot and Real Andrews both show up later in the year in yet-to-be-determined roles (so far all that is known is Alla's character is supposed to be named Janet Bernard and there is no info available yet at all for Real's role); telenovela star Alma Delfina makes her US daytime debut as the much-talked about (but not yet seen) mother of Gabi, Rafe & Dario; and then there's that much-debated photo posted this week of Freddie Smith (Sonny Kiriakis) on the Club TBD set. Is Smith truly back (and if so, for how long?). And that's not all, "Days" fans. You never know who else might be showing up!

Thanks Jason.

If Rafe and his family speak Spanish, I hope they will show the
words in English.

I was hoping when I got my Soap Opera Digest that there was really a story about Aiden coming back but he's just in the Coming/Goings and says we will see him late spring. I am really hoping it's not a spirit Aiden that we get. I am hoping that Andre replaced Aiden with a fake one and that is who tried to kill Hope. Please!

I WAS hoping that we saw the last of Ben (and yes, Rob Wilson did a fabulous job playing his descent into madness. Wonder if he appears in someone's dream, or does he appear in Salem.....perhaps in court???

The thing is, Stefano (Joe Mascolo) has been interviewed, and he HAS left the show. Besides his age, he has health issues which prompted his decision. But, he did hint that what WE saw as Stefano's last appearance, might not be the last.
Which makes ME think that Stefano may appear in a dream, vision, flashback or ghost perhaps.

Why do they have to "return"? We all said our goodbyes when the writers either killed them or sent them off to Timbuktu.

Stefano can be a ghost, he'd be great at that.

Jack went screaming down the elevator shaft, Aiden got shot dead, we all saw the pulse taking done by Bo.

Come on,writers, just do a better job with what we've got for the time being!!

I think it's great that Aiden is coming back. It shows that TPTB are listening to fan feedback. I too read SOD and combined with recent tweets, I think the actor is still taping. So that leads me to hope the double theory is accurate. I'm guessing we will get a triangle with Aiden, Hope and Rafe. Maybe with Jen added in.

I still think we may see a return engagement from Alison Sweeney (Sami). If so, I want them to revisit Sami and Rafe.

While I thought Sami had finally found the right person with whom to spend the rest of her life, it got screwed with Ej. I don't think Sami deserves a great guy like Rafe, and I sure as heck believe Rafe deserves better than Sami after what she did.
No, I don't want to see Sami back. Not at all.
If she was a changed person, one who realized how stupid she had been, a big MAYBE. But I don't think that would happen. Sami is fickle. And no matter how any writer tries to "fix" whatever, the next one will come along and revert her back. She left town. Good.
Just let Lucas have his daughter.

I am happy to have Aiden back. I too, think that a lookalike was switched with Aiden and it was the double that attempted to kill Hope.

I agree that during most of his run, Aiden appeared to be a boring character. Daniel Cosgrove is a great actor that was not given a proper story by Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell and the new writers threw him under the bus to give Bo and Hope a reunion. The problem was Peter Reckell (Bo) never intended to stay long term on the show, which now left Hope without either of her love interests, and I never liked the thought of her and Rafe being paired up. I like both Hope and Rafe as characters, but while they work as friends and collegues, they are not working for me as a romantic couple. If Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) is back full time, the show may have decided to give him and Hope another chance.

The thing is, Stefano (Joe Mascolo) has been interviewed, and he HAS left the show. Besides his age, he has health issues which prompted his decision. But, he did hint that what WE saw as Stefano's last appearance, might not be the last.
Which makes ME think that Stefano may appear in a dream, vision, flashback or ghost perhaps.

In light of the recent news I'm hoping for a rewrite. His exit was very lackluster. If he must leave have it be revealed he was somehow partially revived and he briefly returns in a weaken state as part of one final grand scheme during which he meets his true final demise.

I doubt that very much. Stefano was purposely goading Hope, seemingly WANTING her to end his life. THAT was his final grand scheme, getting Hope to jail on a charge of murder. He was dead, Andre' happened to find him, took the ring.

Back