SPOILER !! 2017 Casting Recap; Lots of Familiar & New Faces

Zack Brady is dead, was in the coffin, his parents right there, Hope grieving no end, and his corneas were given to Abe, his liver to Claire.

You know, I don't mind, and can understand those "not dead, really alive" comebacks, if there was no body, if it was a presumed dead because of circumstances. I really do hate the idea that after we see bodies in a coffin, etc. that eventually an idea pops up that so and so isn't really dead and is returning. Bad enough we have a child of Steve & Ava's coming, (yes, they were told the baby died of pneumonia), and we have no body for Kristen after she plunged down a mountain. Andre is back despite taking himself off life support in a locked room, and dying. But then, we never saw a funeral for him, did we?

Yes, I realize some characters are much loved by viewers. Heck, I loved Jack (and remember, no body, no funeral, no burial, lolol).

That was the enjoyable thing about the Salem Stalker story. All those major characters killed, the writer ordered by the network to bring them back, did not care how, and thus we got Melaswen, no one was really dead, the entire town hypnotized into believing that all these murders were taking place. I am glad Days is not doing Sci-Fi anymore.

O.K. my rant is over. Take care all. Enjoy whatever comes along. :)

I understand what your saying, but this is Days, a lot of people have come back from the dead. Roman, Marlena, Steve, Hope and Stefano have all come back from the dead (some have died and returned more than once) so it wouldn't be out of the question if Zack came back. I'd love it personally since I hated his death.

The Phoenix always rises, so I always thought Stefano would come back from the dead. But I hate that they are doing this just to give sweet innocent Hope a get out of jail free card so she can smooch with Wreck'em Rafe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christie: We did! Galen and I had a lot of fun, so it was really nice [to see him again]. He had six shows to film that day, so luckily we went straight to it. We didn’t really have time to rehearse, but because we have so much fun together the scenes worked well. It was nice to work with him again.

6 shows filmed in one day?!!!! So no matter how badly the stories are playing out, they are filming 6 shows per day, per actor. The mathematics of keeping this together must be horrific. I know they don't film in order, but this is overload. And explains why hair color changes/grows longer/shorter. Film 6 shows on Monday. Next week get hair cut, come in on Tuesday film 6 more shows and some show before the ones you did last week did. Nightmare for the continuity folks.

@Robin......I think what was meant by filming 6 shows in one day was that Rafe filmed scenes with Carrie for 6 different shows in the one day. I am guessing she was filming all her scenes for the 6 or 7 episodes in which she will appear in just one day or two. But yes, they film so out of order, or film several scenes with one actor that will be spliced into several other shows.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/chandler-massey-back-days/

It seems to generate a bit of annoyance when people ask about the possibility of Chandler Massey returning as Will. I've seen replies to my own posts saying Will's fans were obsessive, this was all rumor, and we should trust only a few sites one of which mentioned was Soap Opera Digest . Well, this link, though from this past February, is from SOD - one of the aforementioned "trusted sites" and they gave this "rumor" enough weight to print it. I think that's why so many people are treating this as a possibility and always asking questions. I don't think anyone's trying to be deliberating aggravating.

Again, not trying to offend anyone here - just an FYI.

of course you can post a link...we all do it, especially to confirm any sort of news. Innre: Chandler Massey (Will), it is a shame his EX manager made the comment that led to all the rumors.

While I doubt Massey is coming back at all, if he did, it would not be as Will...SOD just repeated what that rep said and wondered.

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post that is directly above your own post - JS

I agree with you that, unfortunately, I don't think Chandler Massey (Will) is coming back but I have to respectfully disagree that Will is the only character he could return as. He owned that role too much to be anyone else. I think what caught people's attention was the beginning of that SOD article, the part talking about leaks from backstage at Days about return negotiations.

The "strangler death" thing wouldn't stand in the writers' way. Look what they're trying to do with Stefano which is especially ridiculous since Joe Mascolo (Stefano) is gone and Stefano is another one who could never be recast. Glad it was okay to post that link. Thanks!

A big problem is that although Joseph Mascolo (Stefano) was alive when the writers conjured up this Stefano in Prague nonsense. They had to know that the viewers could see that he was confined to a wheelchair, and the idea of such a person suddenly leaving his family without notice and heading off on a European junket is ridiculous. Equally ridiculous is the idea that the writers keep pushing: that Stefano being alive somehow changes Hope's situation. A quick check of criminal law would show that as shown on-screen, Hope would be guilty of attempted murder even if the Phoenix survived, which is a felony that results in a long prison term. (Of course, checking anything seems to be too much trouble for the writers.) Once Joseph Mascolo stopped taping that should have been the end of the Stefano character and if the writers wanted to get Hope out of jail they could have: 1) had her file a successful appeal based on temporary insanity; 2) had her earn a pardon or early release by performing some heroics in prison, or 3) get her the usual early release for Salem insiders, like those given to Nick and Gabi.

if the writers wanted to get Hope out of jail they could have: 1) had her file a successful appeal based on temporary insanity; 2) had her earn a pardon or early release by performing some heroics in prison, or 3) get her the usual early release for Salem insiders, like those given to Nick and Gabi.
Because you know she wasn't going to get an early release as a prize in the prison's annual ornament contest. :rotfl:

Back