SPOILER !! 2017 Casting Recap; Lots of Familiar & New Faces

@DrBakerFan If someone is granted a pardon, does that also take the felony off their record? I'm only asking because I know if you're a felon you can't be a cop nor can cops associate with you. For example, no friendships or relationships.
Noel is right. A pardon expunges the offense. Of course, in Salem pardons aren't generally necessary. There's DiMera immunity, Kiriakis immunity, and in-crowd immunity. As Gus, Vargas, Eric, and Dr. Baker can attest, only the truly luckless go to jail.

Thanks DBF and Noel. I figured it was expunged. In this case that probably means Hope will go back to work as if nothing happened. And since all the other charges were dropped too, Rafe and Roman got off scott free.

It's true that Joe Mascolo (Stefano) was alive when this was written and taped but that taping was 5-6 months ago, which was also months after his illness was bad enough that he retired from full-time for health reasons. I'm sure everyone at Days knew it was Alzheimer's and what that could mean on short to non-existent notice and what it was going to mean in the end. To plan this far ahead was taking a giant leap in a pool of "stupid" even for Days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if Stefano is still alive and Joe Mascolo (Stefano) did tape some scenes prior to his death, here's another instance where Corday's comment of "the dead will stay dead" went out the window.

We all knew that wouldn't stick. He immediately blew it by resurrecting Aiden with a rewritten story of a DiMera double who tried to kill Hope and was killed by Bo.

Back