SPOILER !! 2017 Casting Recap; Lots of Familiar & New Faces

6 shows filmed in one day?!!!! So no matter how badly the stories are playing out, they are filming 6 shows per day, per actor. The mathematics of keeping this together must be horrific. I know they don't film in order, but this is overload. And explains why hair color changes/grows longer/shorter. Film 6 shows on Monday. Next week get hair cut, come in on Tuesday film 6 more shows and some show before the ones you did last week did. Nightmare for the continuity folks.

That's a much bigger load than usual. On many days, they only tape scenes for 2-3 different episodes. And even when they tape portions of 4-5 episodes in one day, many characters may only be in 2-3 of those episodes.

On average, they tape 1.5 FULL episodes a day (an average episode has 25-30 scenes), so 1.5 average episodes would be around 45-50 scenes a day. So, if they are taping just portions of 3 episodes in a day, then they might be doing 20 scenes for Episode 1, 20 scenes for Episode 2, and 5-10 scenes for Episode 3. If they are taping scenes for 6 different episodes in a day, then it could be a much smaller amount per episode (just 5-10 scenes per each of the 6 episodes; or a majority of 2 episodes and very small amounts of 4 other episodes). Hope I explained that okay!

Sorry, I had company all afternoon.

This is what's on his FB page. I hope you can read this

I've made a statement on all of this since these articles and posts are confusing fans and making them think it's been confirmed Joe Mascolo (Stefano) is back. This is Charles Shaughnessy's fan page, and while he does make posts himself, it seems whoever runs his FB page also does posts of their own, including weekly spoiler posts (of which there is another one posted just before this Joe post). This all goes back originally to CBS Soaps In Depth misquoting a Glamour article (and then the Inquisitr today using the same misquote that CBS Soaps In Depth did, and then Charles' FB fan page posting incorrectly quoted spoilers from the Inquistr article.

To help with the confusion, here's what I posted on my FB page a little while ago:

STATEMENT ON UPCOMING STEFANO STORYLINE. NO CONFIRMATION YET IF JOE MASCOLO (Stefano) TAPED NEW MATERIAL FOR 2017.

Several articles posted in recent days have fans thinking that it has been confirmed Joe Mascolo (Stefano)will be appearing in new scenes for the upcoming Stefano storyline. It has actually not been confirmed yet, and the confusion stems from at least two articles misquoting a Christie Clark (Carrie) interview posted last week by Glamour.

The authors of these articles seem to have both jumped to conclusions (by incorrectly quoting the Glamour article). There's still been no confirmation if Joe taped anything new to air in 2017.

In Glamour, the question asked is this: Glamour: Stefano figures into your storyline. At the time you taped your episodes, his portrayer, Joe Mascolo, was still alive. Given his recent passing, what are some of your favorite memories of working with him?
http://www.glamour.com/…/days-of-our-lives-christie-clark-i…

The CBS Soaps In Depth article re-words the interview that Christie Clark (Carrie) did with Glamour and makes it seem like she mentioned Joe was around for her 2017 scenes:
http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/…/…/days-carrie-austin-03-189607

It rewords the question and states the Glamour interview said that Joe taped new scenes:
"Stefano also figures into the upcoming storyline, as his portrayer, Joseph Mascolo, was still alive when his scenes were taped."

Then an Inquisitr article posted today states that CBS Soaps In Depth confirmed he taped new scenes:

"Well, fans are in luck because it turns out that Joseph Mascolo (Stefano) actually filmed DOOL scenes prior to his death. This was confirmed in an article published by CBS Soaps In Depth. "
http://www.inquisitr.com/…/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-jose…/

So, working back to the original source (Christie Clark's [Carrie] Glamour interview), nothing was stated about Joe Mascolo (Stefano) taping new scenes. It may happen, but there's a chance it may not happen.

In the picture above he looks more like a monastery monk than a former priest to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back