3-10-2017 - Donuts & Heat

I'll take some of your heat, Noel. It has been cold, cold, cold the past few mornings. Currently -20*C (-4*F) but expected to warm up..........to wait for it.......-14*C (6.8*F), which isn't toooooooo bad but COME ON, winter (Said in the voice of G.O.B.from Arrested Development). Move on!! And with Calgary's weather, I cannot wait for the one day of spring we get every year. LOL! I swear it goes from winter to spring for ONE day then summer.

Poker game at my place tonight, going back out to Banff tomorrow so my husband can see and hike Johnston Canyon, maybe hit the hot springs afterwards, dinner then drive home. From Calgary it's only about an hour and 15 minutes or so.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Morning all.

Nah, Noel, this is Spring weather. Anything under 100 counts as spring or fall weather. Anything under 70 is winter. Weather in the valley of the sun.

This weekend is the bonsai show. I have viewing stones in the show but no trees. Waiting for them to leaf out. They are budding but the show is so early this year they didn't get a chance to leaf. Next month it will be pretty.

Hunny Bunny is out to do set up today. I am working but I do get to help with take down. Yea!! I'm bringing stepmother to the show on Sunday so she can: A. get out of the house, and B. get me out of the heavy lifting of the take down Sunday. I'll fold tablecloths all night long, but don't really want to lift the tables and put them all away.

Muzz - have fun this weekend.

Off to the school Information system salt mines.

Good Morning,

Stay warm Muzz, and enjoy poker night and your hike this weekend.

Robin & Noel, try to not melt in the heat. I honestly don't know how you ladies can handle that all the time.

T'was 12* when I left the house this morning. Our high temp for today is 27*. Thankfully the horrible winds died down yesterday. Commencing the clean-up up of everything that got blown around.

So hubby put the old kitchen stuff to the curb for trash overflow yesterday. The counter was still there when I got home. But someone picked up the sink. Not sure if they plan to sell it for scrap or use it in their own home, but it's gone.

Weekend plans are pretty much the same as last week, cookie booth, deliver and sort cookies, church, shopping. I'm looking forward to sleeping in next weekend. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning all. We have Muzza's weather here, as well. -2°F (-20°C). The sun is out, slight wind right now, it has climbed up to 5°F. (about -15°C).
Gotta catch up to the bookwork.....Why is it when you feel you are making progress, you get more dumped. LOL
When we moved up here, we had a lot of stuff "go to the cub", and yep, amazed at what got taken. Doesn't happen here in the country at all. Too rural, and no "curb", just rural roads, and the county certainly would not be pleased to see roads littered. (Animals will drag things.)

Noel - I so hope you have a better day today. I know you don't enjoy the heat so stay cool.

Muzz - we love the Banff hot springs. Enjoy. Good luck tonight at poker!

Robinsnest - enjoy your bonsai show and so nice of you to take your stepmom too!

Manda - your kitchen turned out gorgeous! Funny how someone's junk is another one's treasure, I guess.

Poirot - You are really cold. We are 46 so far but really windy. Supposed to be in the 50's next week and I'm so excited. So far we have had 61 inches of snow this winter and I'm so over it.

RS - I thought about your sister's place and everything they must have gone through last night. The good Lord was sure looking over them. So sad.

We're taking Ember to a birthday party on Saturday for of one of our employee's daughters, and she is so excited. It's at a gym/jumping place. Right up her alley! Trying to get my strength back. Just takes time I guess.

Have a great Friday.

Hello everyone. Manda, I'm like Poirot and others and don't have curb trash pickup. I used to load stuff in my truck and take it to my mother's house in town. No matter where we put it, the bulk of it seems to be gone in no time, lol. Out in the country, most people put a "free" sign up so people will know it's OK to pick through, lol.

I had group this morning and had to drag myself there, since I missed the last two. One woman was very upset about a balance the agency said she owed and she disputed. She was told they didn't have time to check on it and she probably wouldn't understand the itemized printout, anyway. How insulting! The newest new therapist told her he would get an answer for her today, bless his heart. At least the temporary therapist was there today to introduce the new therapist. I get so frustrated by the way things are handled at the main office, grrr.

Take care folks.

Hi everybody. We got 6 inches of snow between last night and today. The part of my yard in front of my porch is so water logged from the rain, that the snow didn't even stick there. It all looks rather strange with so much snow everywhere else.

No news from the IT and maintenance guys who are supposed to be checking the video tapes at work to see who hit my car. GRRR

I did my state taxes online while watching Days, and paid my big whopping tax due amount of $9.00. I always put this one off since I owe a piddling amount on interest received, "state use" levy. Still have no clue what this is after all these years, plus tax due on internet purchases.

Taking my friend Janet and her hubby to the American Legion for fish dinners today. Guess I should jump in the shower. Yes, I'm slow moving today.

kt - They seem to have a huge problem with continuity of care. Shame on them. Kudos to the new person for not brushing off the woman's problem with billing.

Shanrick - Thank you for your concern. She and her hubby are staying with her in-laws for now.
Poirot - Please don't send me any more of the deep cold. I'm to the point that the mid 20s are low enough for March.

JS - We call that "junking" here. We only have 2 official days of the year to put things out by the road. Everyone puts stuff out all year because it disappears so quickly. The funniest is when people stop when you're just turning to walk away from putting the items down.

Amanda - You have another busy weekend. I couldn't keep up that crazy pace.

robin - Bless you for taking care of your stepmother's needs after all she has put you through. You've definitely earned your halo. Have fun at the bonsai show.

Muzza - BRRR, BRRR, and BRRR. Enjoy your visit to Banff.

Noel - Those temps are entirely too warm for me.

RS- I don't blame you for taking it easy today, enjoy your fish dinner, yum! I've put in to have a day off while Gena is on Spring Break. I'm chalking it up as a mental health day. Maybe I'll see if I can get Gena and I in for pedicures at the beauty school in town.

A cooler day with sun. I'm glad I got the mowing done yesterday. Less than 30 minutes
after I got in, it started getting cloudy. Thunderstorms after 6 PM. What a day.

rs, I hope they find out who hit your car. Shame on them for leaving.

robin, enjoy the bonsai show this weekend. I wish I could go.

I hope everyone has a good evening and weekend.

I will post pictures Saturday evening. I won't have a tree but others will have some fabulous trees.

It was so sad last night when I asked my stepmom if she wanted to go. I said I'd pick her up, we'd go to the show, then lunch, then I'd take her home. She almost cried, she was so happy to get out of the place for a day.

Good evening everyone,

Was upper 30sF today with on and off again snow. Some of it stuck to areas of the grass and roofs of houses. Tonight's low is to be 17F. I don't know why winter has come back with a vengeance, but I'm already sick of it! LOL. I sure it doesn't kill the flowers or damage them too bad.

Worked another 8 hour shift today, but got a hefty paycheck from the past few weeks---it's totally worth it! I did change my schedule a bit from the March 24-May 19th period (working only 2 days a week), so that I have more time for schoolwork and such.

Hope all of you are either staying warm or, in Noel's case, cool!

Back