3-15-2017 - Donuts & OR

Noel

Reaction score
This morning was very early OR call and I decided to treat staff to donuts. Thank goodness the shop is open and has a sugar free option for diabetics.

It is going to be another record breaking heat today. So far no A/C at home but not sure how long I can hold out in this heat. The weather person issued a "cloud alert" today but none for the next 10 days.

Wishing each of you a great Wednesday.

"Beware the Ides of March." Good morning everyone. It's too cold for my blood and is supposed to be around freezing tonight. I haven't had to buy propane for heat this year and I hope I can squeak by the season with the 10% I have left in my tank, lol. Go away winter!

Take care folks and stay safe.

Good morning everyone. We're still in the deep freeze with snow. Today is actually worse than yesterday. It looks like our meteorologists were off by 24 hours with their forecasts.

Asthma is acting up today big time so I don't know how long I'll last in the office. (Had already rescheduled the trek to my northern county where they got over 15 inches of snow yesterday.) I'm also supposed to go with a co-worker to do an educational program in Ohio tonight. I've already asked her to reschedule it.

Good morning folks. Sun is out, Tis 9*, you are lucky, kt, not to have had to use any propane thus far. But fair warning...when you get down to 10 per cent in the tank you may start to notice a funny odor in the house, and if your stove uses propane, you might start having a bit of a problem. Maybe that only happens "up north" but it has happened to us when we got down that low.

Those out east are digging out today, but it is not pleasant, with all the icy slush, black ice. Be careful folks. In Chicago area there were 2 different accidents resulting in pileups involving 34 cars.

But fair warning...when you get down to 10 per cent in the tank you may start to notice a funny odor in the house

It doesn't just happen up north, so you're right Poirot. Propane gas apparently has no smell, so something is added to alert people. I may be running on fumes and smells, lol. I have also noticed when the tank gets low, the gauge seems to go down quicker. I'm holding on, lol.

JS, it does get cold enough to freeze and burst pipes. I don't think a lot of people here have pipes protected like you must have to do up north. We leave the faucets running during those few and far between cold spells, lol.

Morning Everyone,

I'm working from home today. Gena was up half the night coughing and getting sick, so I kept her home from school. Poor girl is eating chicken noodle soup for breakfast. The other option I offered was toast.

I didn't realize I needed to buy an adapter to hook up my 2nd computer monitor so today is going to be very challenging. I'll add the adapter to my shopping list for the weekend. I'll also miss my class this afternoon. Thankfully my instructor is understanding and will catch me up when I'm back at work.

Noel - hope the surgery went well.

KT - stay warm, hope your propane holds out

RS - feel better winter allergies are the worst.

Poirot - Brrr, stay warm

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Morning all.

Interesting about the propane. We have a tank at the family cabin and last year I thought I was out so I called and requested delivery. They (propane) company said it would be next week. I was not happy. They had a guy in the area and he came and discovered that I was almost out but that the gauge was broken. Filled the tank and said he'd be back to fix the gauge. But come to think of it, I never saw him again. Hmmm. Better ask my sister if she paid for a new gauge and if it was installed.

Massachusetts schools being closed made yesterday a great day for catching up on things that needed to be done. So today should be a freaking nightmare, right? Everyone is back.

Manda - hope Gena starts feeling better.

RS - hope you are able to control the asthma. Take it easy.

Noel - at least the OR is kept cold.

Off to the office. The one I actually have to drive to, not the one I get to walk to.

Have a good Wednesday.

RS: sure hope your allergies quickly heal and you feel better soon.

Poirot: that is very cold. Glad you can stay home today.

Manda: Amazon delivers if that adaptor is needed quickly. Poor Gena to have a virus but a mother's care will make it easier.

Robin: yes the OR cold temperature is perfect for me! Hope your day isn't too crazy.

Take care everyone.

Noel - I did check them out on Amazon, but I doubt they get it to my house today. And since Gena is starting to feel better already, I imagine I'll be back in the office tomorrow. If I was desperate I'd bundle her up a drive to Best Buy and get it.

Robin - hope all goes smoothly for you today.

@supercouple.....am glad you found the hat......I am someone who is a hat lover, and do wear one every Sunday to church, and yes, sometimes the newsboy type hats into town on cold days. LOL.

What is interesting to me is how many MEN compliment me. Yes, women do too, lament they don't have any, or perhaps don't look good in one,or ask just how many do I have? LOL

I am sure your friend is going to love what you sent.

Good afternoon everyone,

My spring break began on Monday officially, although I was soooo busy with work then and over the weekend. Sunday is normally our busy day, but with the snowstorm (we've gotten 3 inches and it is snowing again!) and frigid weather, we had even more crowds then and Monday than usual. I guess this is the reminder that winter doesn't really begin until late March. I hate it. Why couldn't this snow have fallen last month or in January, and we could've gotten that nice weather right about now!? UGH!

In any case, not much of a break for me. I have to study for a test, finish my thesis rough draft, and do a midterm essay over the course of the next few days, with work on Thursday and over the weekend as well. But at least I get to sleep in.

Hope all of you have a nice day and stay warm.

It was 48 when I got up at 4:30am. I couldn't believe it. I went out on the deck and just stood and enjoyed it. It felt so balmy. I could get used to this.

I took Ember to a teachers work at McDonald's for the evening deal last night and the place was packed. The teachers work the restaurant and the students and families come and buy food and a portion goes to the school. My daughter has classes on Tuesday nights and Daddy didn't want to take the baby there. Ember got to meet Ronald McDonald, and her teacher waited on us. She was so excited to be there and thrilled that even though she is in kindergarten there were older kids saying hi to her! I just love how she loves school and wants to participate in everything. I hope it continues.

Noel - I could try and send some icebergs from the river?

RS - so hope your asthma gets better soon.

KT - I noticed this morning my friend in Decatur was almost 20 degrees colder than we were? I was shocked. I hope your propane holds out.

Manda - I hope Gena gets better soon! Poor thing

Have a good day.

@Poirot, thanks. I bet you look awesome in your hats. I love hats myself but they just do not suit me well. I just know my friend will 'knock them dead' when she shows up looking wonderful as usual in her new hat. Think I will now look for a church suit to match the hat so she can be one step closer to the whole outfit thing.

A cold morning here, but not as cold as some people are getting.

rs, I hope you feel better.

kt, I hope you can get by without getting propane.

Noel, I'm still waiting on my package of snow :)

Shanrick, you were warmer than I was this morning.

manda, I'm glad Gena is already feeling better.

DaysD, try to enjoy some of your spring break.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day and evening.

Poirot: what style that is your favorite?

Days: good sleeping on your work, study, research and write week. After that you need another break.

Shan: :clap: good luck finding iceberg size boxes. Glad you and Ember had a great time at the fundraiser.

Kat: glad your temperature isn't at the bottom of the scale. Hope you and Goldie had a good walk today.

OC: thinking of you. Hope your visit with your daughter and grandkids is wonderful.

Back