3-15-2017 - Donuts & OR

Hi everyone!

It's been a busy day. We had living room furniture and the washer and dryer delivered. I should have baked cookies for the guys that had to bring all that stuff up 3 flights of stairs. I'll have to post pictures of our apartment when I get everything straight.

We also now have internet. We means we can watch Netflix and I can catch up with all of you.

It was cold and windy here today but no snow so not as bad as what some of you are experiencing.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Red, I do love your tales of preps for the wedding/marriage. Brings up a lot of memories of when I was doing that. I remember lst apt. hubby had to paint all the rooms before we could start moving in. We had bought furniture "on time", and had it paid off before the move in and wedding. Had not thought of that in a long time.

Ahhh, my hats. I sort of prefer wide brims, that I usually try to tilt slightly. Winter is usually felt, wool, warmer weather they are light weight, straw. The thing is, hats look different with the length of hair, and some I buy don't look right with shorter hair. LOL. But I have small hats, wide brims, and several "newsboy" type hats.

I have bought hats in stores & on eBay, & once or twice at fund raising hat shows. LOL And got gifted a couple. If my cameras worked, I'd pull out, take a pic of couple groups. Then I'd maybe be able to count them. Ha.

Good evening. My daughter and grandkids left at 3:00 today. Had to hurry to get back to some event, back to their busy lives. We had a good visit. Grandson aired up my truck tire and took it to the farm store (5 miles) and got the flat fixed. I'd been meaning to do that for a couple of weeks but just kept airing it up. Then we finally got an old pickup truck running, which had been sitting idle for about five years. Some of the kids have worked on it in stages. This grandson does NOT have mechanical tendencies but he wanted it running because he wanted to learn to drive a stick shift. He's had his license for a year and has been driving all over Dallas but never had driven a standard.

I'm in "recovery" mode. Doing a bit of cleanup, a little at a time. Sure is nice to have them come visit, and nice to relax again afterwards.

Kt, I was thinking of "The Ides of March" when I got up this morning.

Poirot: I have loved the look of hats forever. Just love styles in old movies: late 30s and 40 in dress, hats and shoes. Classy. Now I will wonder what that you're wearing every time you go out.:)

OC: your family visit sounds wonderful and helpful. How great to have vehicles fixed and having fun at the same time. New memories as you rest and sleep tonight.:)

Noel, I have one hat that I call my Ingrid Bergman Casablanca hat, although it is summer and woven straw. But I can tilt, turn up the side, and .......well, achieve close to that look. LOL

A good friend of mine was a real hat freak, and looked good in any kind. When I was at her house, she showed me her hat boxes, piled up on shelves, behind doors, she had 63 hat boxes!!! I once had a lady make me a hat, I wanted it in brown tones. Well, cost me $45, but really, did not look all that good on me. Diane knew it would on her, bought it from me, and yes, it did, much better. LOL (My hat boxes sometimes have 2 or 3 hats in them. Many of my hats not in boxes, lol. Goodness only knows about my friend. When she passed away, asked her hubby about them......he said the daughters in law, grand daughters took a couple each. No idea what about the rest. He moved away.

Getting time for Speechless (TV) so I will be off now.

Thanks Poirot. Love the Casablanca style hats. A good story about your friend and her that collection. To me, a great hat frames your face beautifully. Enjoy your evening. I will be thinking of you in a flouncy hat.:)

Back