3/16/17 - Donuts & Moving Day (and a birthday)

Good Morning,

Another hit day in the desert. Last night it was big tv news that we are "cooling down" to 81 instead of 92-93 today.:clap: Brrrr?:sarcasm:

Tomorrow is St Patty's Day which means before & after work it is cookie baking time. 13 dozen to go, 2 dozen down. This partly Irish lass is spreading the green.:)

Hope your day is a good one.

Red: congrats!! :clap: Hoping your weather clears, warms, and brightens your day. You are creating a sweet family memory.

Happy Birthday sweet Kat!! Sending wishes for a day of joy, live, peace and great presents.:clap:

16114055_872589772843540_9045734878262630527_n.jpg

Good morning everyone. Another cold blustery day here, but I'm loving it. I just have a local senior living center today so won't be out of the office long.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the program / company that we use for clocking in and out at work? This stupid program wouldn't add yesterday's punches and hours to my timesheet that is due today. Even the payroll staff couldn't get them to add even though we could see the recorded punches. When I went to the IT guy, he yelled as if it was my fault. Then he told me not to complain to the Vice Presidents because his reputation is on the line for having them spend tens of thousands of dollars for the programming. Well, I don't give a rat's patootie about his reputation if it means my work records are screwed up every week. Plus the CFO (Chief Financial Officer / Vice President of Finance) was in the office when the payroll staff and I were trying to get things straightened out. She hates the program as much as I the rest of us.

Red - Sending wishes that moving day goes smoothly for you. Another step closer to your new married life.

Noel & JS - Those are pretty cakes for kat.

From the coasts of British Columbia to the shores of Newfoundland and from the cold Arctic north, Canada stands and salutes a woman who is known past these borders, a woman who is known beyond the borders of Salem Spectator, a woman who is just awesome, great and fun to post with........KATMOUSE!!!! I'm no Prime Minister Justin Trudeau but I think I can speak for him and the rest of Canada that we wish you the best birthday ever and hope you get spoiled today. We bestow upon you one of our national treasures. Have an awesome day, Kat!!

maple syrup.jpg

Good Morning,

Happy Birthday Kat!!
GARDEN-CAKE.jpg

Red - Good Luck with your move.

RS - so sorry about your punch clock woes.

Noel - that's a lot of cookies, hope baking goes smoothly for you.

Muzz - that's adorable.

As for me, Gena is back at school, so I'm back in the office, which is good. The desk set-up is so much nicer at work than at home, and all my reference materials that I might need are here. Gena is glad to be back at school too. She doesn't like being sick now that I work from home instead of cuddling with her in the recliner.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Good morning. Kat, I hope you have a really nice birthday. You are getting off to a good start with all these scrumptious looking cakes, and the maple syrup and clever post from Muzz. Wishing you blessings for the whole day and beyond!

Noel, are all those cookies for your family or is there another event? I bet they are yummy!

Squirrel, what a pain, with the time cards. I imagine they have changed a lot since I punched them back in the late 1960s. The worst problem I remember from then was having women making threats to one another for cutting in while in line at quitting time. :eek:

IamRed, things are taking shape fast now in your new home. I hope the weather is nice for you and things go without a hitch.

Manda, it's such a relief to have a sick child on the mend, especially well enough to go back to school. Hope everything was in order for you at work and that she feels strong and well at school.

Nice link, A. Guy. I don't even know how to do that much. I used to know on my old pc but have never learned on the MacBook.

Maybe I will finally make it to Wal-Mart today. The husband has been without a prescription for nearly two weeks. Wal-Mart pharmacy is getting frustrating for me. If they weren't so much cheaper on his prescriptions, I'd switch them back to the pharmacy I use in the smaller, closer town.

Lo and behold, Replicon sent out an email that Wednesday is not being included on timesheets due to a glitch in their software. Hmmm, no apology has been forth coming from our IT guy.

Oc- this is a lot different yet similar to punching in with time cards on a clock that puts holes or stamps the time and date.

We have to log in with our work ID and password on an IPAD that hangs on the wall. Then we choose which department we're working for, then clock in. At lunch time we have to relog in, choose lunch, and hit enter. After lunch, we do it all over again, and choose clock in. We log in a fourth time when we leave, and finally choose clock out.

We can also do the "punches" and submit time sheets through the phone applications.

The "punches" go to the company, Replicon. Our payroll staff has to access the records from that company's servers.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and beautiful cakes.

Muzzaman - I love your post.

I'm busy every morning lately and I'm looking forward to spring break next week.
Today another cloudy day, but it was 20 degrees warmer than yesterday when
Goldie and I took
our walk.

Today was computer class day and I should get finished next time. Two weeks
from today.

I had to drop out of watercolor class. I was disappointed. They didn't limit
the class size and room is small. There were four beginners and she wanted us to
come two hours later. The three of them ok with that, but not me. I was already there
for computer class and I didn't want to drive back and forth. I'm supposed to
get money back. Still waiting. I told admission woman next time do better in
setting
up class. Put a limit on it or have two classes. I've tried to find some place else to go,
but so far no luck. I took some of the supplies back and bought a paint by number set.

The work at the school library is going slower than I would like, but the books are getting
done. Some books need pages taped, the outside and inside have to be rebound besides
cleaning them. I wish I could sneak in next week when school is out and still work on them.

Next Tues, I'm the leader of the Bible study so you might not see me
until later in the
day. I have never led a class before.

In April, my son is coming to visit and I'll have to get going on my
house cleaning
next week. Some of my house ok, the rest is a disaster.

-------------------
red, I hope moving day was a success. at least, it's not raining.

rs, I hope the payroll mess gets fixed sooner than later.

manda, I'm glad Gena is better.

OC, I hope you got to Walmart.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes. I wish some of you could come by and
help me celebrate.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Kat! Hope you have an awesome day.

Noel - I bet you're so glad the temps came down some since you have all that baking to do! Enjoy

Red - good luck with your move! It's only just begun!

RS - I hated our payroll system at the hospital! It never worked but they wouldn't do anything about it! The payroll girls worked hours trying to get everyone's time corrected before payday.

March Madness starts here today so everyone is busy watching that and staying home so we are really slow.

Have a great day.

OC, your story about co-workers threatening time clock line-cutters reminds me of a place where I worked (for a short time, thankfully!) The clock was in a sort-of narrow hallway, and to get to the end of the line, you had to walk past those already in line. When some of the men walked this gauntlet, their countrymen considered it a game to fake a very inappropriate grab at them as they passed. :eek: I will not reveal their country of origin. :rolleyes:

Back