3/19/17 - Donuts, Sunshine, & Western Omelet

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning folks, I was so tired yesterday, after only about 4 hrs. sleep, too much tossing and turning,so really got a good night's sleep finally. Enjoyed the Hallmark movie first. In fact watched the ice skating one earlier (wondering if Heather was watching, know she loves Olympic skating) , then the new campfire kiss one.

Never got into 40s yesterday, Maybe it will today, since the sun is out. Hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing day. Take care.

Good Morning,

Another hot day predicted at 95F. I cannot sleep when the house is hot but my family loves it. So no A/C yet despite house temp of 87. Not sure I will make it today without cooling.

Time to get ready for church. Hopefully a nap later. Have a great day.

Poirot: glad you had restful deep sleep last night. I missed the Ice Dancing, my favorite. Hope your weather is sunny and warm.

Good morning. We've been at 85* the past couple of days, they say 88* today. Guess I need some adjustment time. It's felt pretty hot. Noel, I lived for many years without a/c and would not want to have to do that again. I hope your family will allow you to turn yours on soon. I've been turning mine off and on for a while now. Sleeping hot is most uncomfortable, especially if one has any trouble at all sleeping.

Poirot, good for you, getting a decent night's sleep. Nothing feels better than that, following sleepless nights! I hear there is more snow on the way somewhere. Don't know if you are in the path or not.

I'm still trying to catch up on little things in the house. Not much going on and that's fine with me. Have a good day, everyone.

Good morning everyone. We still have the very low 30's here, but I'm loving the cool dry day after cold drizzly rain all day yesterday. Most of my beautiful snow is gone except for in the woods. Our local meteorologist said the melt is due to the angle of the sun's rays and not the temperature. If we had these same temps in January or February, everything would still be frozen.

Church is done. Laundry is done. I even shoveled the gravel and top layer of soil back into my driveway from where the snow plow shoved some of it in front of two of my trees. That displacement is how I know my lawn guy's helper plowed instead of him. The lawn guy knows to raise the plow 2 to 3 inches off the ground when he plows so he doesn't take everything else with the snow.

Poirot - I'm glad you slept well last night.

Noel - 95* !! That's way too hot for me even if it is a "dry" heat.

OC - I don't have air conditioning here, but it is only needed for one or two weeks out of the year.

Morning all.

Yes, yesterday was a bit warm. I did make it to the garden sale and picked up some new experimental plants. Well, new for me to try to make something cool out of. But oy, my was it hot. Not even warm. It was HOT out on the parking lot while shopping. I did break down and turn on the A/C when I got home. Didn't keep it on for long.

Have lots of work stuff to do today. Couldn't deal looking at the computer any more Friday night at 7 pm.

Good Sunday all.

Hi all, back from Church, tho the temp got up to 42, the sun has vanished, and boy is it windy, making it seem colder...they are saying some kind of precip later this afternoon, rain, snow....???

I had to read scripture today, and I have no idea whose job it was, but the book was not there to carry down the aisle, and when I got up to the altar, the holder for the book was missing. Priest told me to just stay there, while he went off and got it. LOL

My red hat group of gals really misses not getting together, but...things happen. So, we are going to meet for breakfast tomorrow morning. I think it means Days summary will be up late as I don't think I can get back in time for the earlier showing. There will only be 6 of us...so will be nice to see and catch up a bit.

OC: a nice quiet day is my plan too. Sundays, after church, is a restful day for me before a busy week.

RS: you have been a busy woman today. What is your energy secret? I need to learn it. Hope your afternoon is great.

Robin: yes outdoors in direct sun means 95F is HOT. Hope your to do list today is all indoors.

Good afternoon to all. It's not exactly warm here, but it feels that way after the below normal temps we've had recently. Last week's snow is in full retreat and should be gone in a day or two. On another note, "only in Salem" is a typical refrain on this board, but last night I found that improbable medical recoveries don't just happen in Salem. In the last episode of season 9 of the popular Canadian detective show, Murdoch Mysteries (seen on DVD), the show's heroine, Dr. Julia Ogden, was shot three times and went into a coma. A few days later she suddenly emerged from it, quickly figured out that she'd been shot by a crazed woman ex-patient, who had also drugged and kidnapped her handsome husband, Detective William Murdoch, with whom she was in love. Then, despite her unhealed bullet wounds and recent coma, and without bothering to tell her friends in the Toronto constabulary, Julia made an overnight horseback trip to a remote cabin, fought and killed the crazed ex-patient, and saved her husband. (Even jaded Salemites might have been impressed by this feat.) Perhaps, "only in Salem" should have "and 1904 Toronto" added.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been an okay but very productive Sunday. I slept in late today as I did not sleep well last night. I kept tossing and turning. After I woke up I skipped breakfast and did a pile of cleaning and I got it all done so quickly. After that I had pancakes for lunch and took a nap. The nap was very relaxing and much needed.

The weather has been pretty nice today. It looks like Spring and it is sunny. Definitely a better weather day than yesterday.

Wishing everyone a splendid Sunday. Much happiness to each one of you.

Dr. BakerFan....the thing is, (actually, a secret, so shhhhh) Dr. Julia was born in Salem, emigrated to Toronto, and family back in Salem kept sending her little bottles of Salem's healing water. LOL (loved the tale)

A beautiful day here so I worked in the ditch longer than I should have
after dinner. I moved a pile of leaves out the ditch and the water
started moving. There are still leaves in the ditch, but too many
to do
by myself. Then I started cleaning up my office. It's already looking better.

Poirot, enjoy tomorrow's breakfast with friends.

Noel, I hope you got a nap even though it was hot in your house.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday.

Back