3-22-17 - Donuts and snow!

Hi everyone!

Today my mom and I picked up my wedding dress from alterations and did some more wedding shopping. It was a busy day.

Any time you get a new prescription you get a new prescription number. If it has refills it uses the same number until you're out of refills or the prescription expires. It's the only way to separate out which prescription was written and when. I'm not sure how Walmart's system works but when we scan in a new prescription and it's typed the prescription number is assigned by the system. When ever you click on that prescription number you bring up that exact scanned image and there is no way to add another image to that number. Hope that all makes sense.

Manda, glad the girls enjoyed the shelter. Also glad that shelter adopts out or fosters as many animals as possible.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

IamRed, I was thinking about you today when I was trying to find out about the prescriptions. I was pretty sure you would know how that all works. I'm just glad I now know what's going on when a prescription expires and has to be renewed. Funny thing though, I get my prescriptions at a small locally owned drug store in another town, and I've never had this problem there, but then I don't call them to find out whether my prescriptions are ready. I just go in and get them when I'm in town.

Robin, that plant is breathtaking! I don't have a swimming pool so maybe we could move your plant to my yard. Oops, no, my cows would eat it!

Noel the cactus bloom is beautiful too. I didn't see it when I read through earlier. We have those growing in our pastures. I'm hoping we have a lot of wildflowers this year, since we've had a good amount of rain over the past year.

Kat, thanks for posting the link. I see it on Facebook once in a while. It would be neat to see the birth happen but there's a good chance it will be overnight. Sounds like it is getting very close. Kt, I hope you and Kat both get to see it but not that you'll need to stay up all night for it. Hey, Poirot, there's one way we could spend our sleepless nights!

Manda, it's interesting to hear about the wolf hybrids; I wonder how they ended up in the woods? I would be very surprised if adoptions were permitted; perhaps an animal sanctuary/zoo will make room for them.

A.Guy - our shelter tour guide said the wolf pups would be evaluated to see if re-homing would be possible. He said so far they are all extremely friendly and playful and would probably make great pets. I know I would personally be afraid to have a wolf-mix as a pet, but I guess it happens fairly often (at least up here in WI) and the dogs make great companions.

Robin - your flowering bush is amazing. Wish my flowers would look like that.

Manda: my hubby had a wolf hybrid dog who was loyal, protective, loving and playful in his own way. Our babies were never safer when he was alive. He slept under their cribs and came to get us if they were sick or crying. He passed and they are outlawed now.

As a veterinary technician in Sacramento, and in Redwood City, CA, the clinics both had clients with wolf/hybrid dogs. Because I had worked with them in Redwood City, when I moved to Sacramento, I was familiar with handling them. Because the male was was a wolf/wolf-dog mix. Father full wolf, mother half wolf, half dog. This creature was large, rangy and had a very distinct odor. He had to come in the side door and be handled by his owners. They would make the last appointment of the day if possible.

All dogs in the kennels or in the waiting room would react when he walked in from the protected side door. The female was a bit easier to work on. Eventually they moved out of the incorporated area of Sacramento and up into the mountains as their dogs were no longer wanted/allowed due to fear by neighbors.

Honestly, I would never own a creature like the male. But he was well behaved when with his owner. And then again you, will NEVER find me owning/living with a cocker spaniel.

The vet report is usually in the evening update post. It wasn't included last night (Wednesday).

In fact the update was very late because Alyssa discovered that twin pygmy goats were born while they were doing the live YouTube chat between 8:00and 9:30 last night. She had to get them and mama goat relocated to the nursery barn before she checked on April and could post.

kt doesn't do Facebook so I was trying to find something for her.

I used to love watching live dolphin cams, but I can't find any now. Some last a few minutes and then stop, so aren't really live. I wonder if it takes too much time and money to do that, or if it takes business away from the facilities?

Back