3/23/17 - Donuts & Ol Man Winter back

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, it snowed overnight, winter wonderland is out there again, and a "winter advisory" is up for the next day or two. That ol man just gets too comfy........or maybe too cranky and just isn't ready to depart. Yuk.

Have to get out to the store, as am out of so much stuff. Ugh.

I hate automated answering services.....I don't want to press 1 or 2 or 4 etc. LOLOL. (renewing prescriptions, calling satellite services, etc.) To me, it doesn't lessen the time, just increases the time it takes to get whatever it is one wants answered, Boo hiss. LOL

A quiet cooler day. Last night wind & dust in our area but rain in central/east side of town. Here comes more weeds Robin. Woke up at 3:45am to soft sprinkles. It lasted at least 15 minutes. The house holds heat but it is gorgeous outside!

Feeling better we are all back on track today. Just an everyday schedule for us.

It is almost Friday so stay. strong.:)

Poirot: you are stronger than grumpy ole man winter. Stay safe today.

Boy, watched Designated Survivor last night, that show just grabs you, won't let you go. And if you did not have an appreciation for all the turmoil, hours of work, decisions on zillions of different items, before........you sure do if watching the show. No wonder all presidents seem to age 10 years in just 4.

Yes I love that show too. I will miss seeing the 1st family since they left the White House but the action will move quicker now. Next week looks very good too.

Morning Everyone,

We have snow/rain in the forecast for today, sure is cold enough to rain. Gena wasn't pleased that I made her wear her warmer winter coat, until she got outside. We only got a light dusting of mini snow balls, they look like the big plastic snow flakes in a cheap snow globe. Tonight will be my quiet night with nothing on the agenda. So glad I can take a night to just relax.

Poirot - safe travels as you wander into town today.

Noel - glad you got a little rain to wash away some of the dust. Hope the weather stays nice for you.

Happy Thursday!!

Saw a news pic of how colorful the California deserts are this year, due to all the rains they have had there. We also have rain in the forecast.....so don't understand the winter advisory thing. But then, guess there are a half dozen counties included in that area, so must depend on exactly where the "front" decides to wander.

Morning all.

I hope to see SOME color on the drive through the desert to California this weekend. I'd rather avoid rain as I'll be on a bus and touring a couple of nurseries. It's the annual club trip to California. Mr. Gus goes to a resort for a couple of days

Designated Survivor is a show, that for the time being, I am really enjoying. It seems fresh and new. Not the normal body/crime of the week all neatly wrapped up in 47 minutes. Since I don't watch comedies or reality shows, I find myself reading a bit more and more now.

Noel - still cloudy and gloomy on the east side. Not sure how long it rained last night, but it is 52 outside on my patio now. I'll take it.

Happy Thursday all.

Good morning. We are to reach 84*, a nice drop from the 92* of a couple of days ago, but now we are under a wind advisory. A bit unsettling after the recent deadly and devastating fires in the Texas/Oklahoma panhandles. Yes, we have a covering of fresh green spring grass but we also still have a lot of tall standing dead weeds/grass from last year.

I need to go to two towns today, one to sign off on our taxes and get them in the mail, then on to the Wal-Mart town. Wish I could have done it any other day this week, when the wind wasn't bad, but the timing didn't work out that way, with taxes and prescriptions. Needing some groceries now too.

Wishing all of you a good day. Snow, still? Glad I don't have to deal with that!!

OC: wishing you a safe trip to both towns for your needed errands. Thank goodness your prescriptions are finally filled. Heat plus weeds/dead grass produces wildfires here too. Phoenix passed a new regulation to curb residents not keeping weeds under control. It is dangerous in the southwest. Let us hope we have less fires this year.

Hi everyone. I'm finally back in the office . I feel like I've already worked a full day.

Yikes, OC I'm glad everything is within a 10 minute drive for me. Some places like work, my doctor's office, the pharmacy that I use for antibiotics, 2 grocery stores, and Lowe's are 5 minutes or less from my house. I couldn't drive the long distances that you and Poirot have to go just for the basic necessities.

Sorry to say a beautiful spring day here. I was outside over an hour.
Can you guess where? :)

Nasty storms are coming this way starting tomorrow. Just when
my lady friends
and I plan to go to the movie. I hope it stays away.

robin, please post some pictures of color you see.

OC, I hope you got to one of the towns today.

Noel, I'm glad your family is feeling better today.

I hope everyone has a great evening.

Well, I didn't go anywhere today. I was too tired to even care much. If it were just me, I probably would have gone, but getting both of us ready and loaded into the car just seemed too daunting. I also had visions of that roaring wind blowing us off the wheel chair ramp. :eek: It hasn't let up for a second all day and it's getting to me. A couple of times today it sounded like there was a lawn mower or a chainsaw going in the yard. I even went to the windows and looked out. But no, just incessant wind.

Squirrel, as you can see from my paragraph above, it is getting harder and harder for me to run all over from town to town. I've been spacing out my trips further for the past six months or so.

Back