3-7-2017 - Donuts & OJ

Noel

Reaction score
Good Tuesday morning. I hope each of you are safe, healthy and upbeat today. By Tuesday most of us have our wheels in gear -- if not wobbly.:)

Today looks to be a normal routine day, with everyone healthy, and I look forward to that. We will reach 20-25 degree higher temps today, and everyday, for the next week plus. Think shorts, tanks & sandals.

Make it an awesome day!

Kat: praying your area remained safe last night with no harm or damage.:hug:

Good morning everyone. Stormy and windy here like much of the country. I woke up several times during the night from the wind howling through the trees. I finally decided to check the basement, and had to get the big pump going. By the time I left for work, just the little pump was needed. The worst of the storm (red on the weather maps) is going northeast through Cleveland, Ohio, so missing me, but we'll have hard steady rain for most of the afternoon and evening. Then snow again this weekend.

I'm on the road shortly to provided services at a senior citizen living facility and at 2 schools. If I'm lucky, I'll have time to go to the Photo ID Center at our County Seat to get my new driver's license picture done.

I feel for you, Red. My wheels are a mite wobbly this morning, too.

Morning all.

Get to drive into the office today. No nifty commute for me.

I have lived all my life in relatively weather-free zones, in that we never had to worry about tornadoes, hurricanes, snow and such. Rain, no rain/drought and now heat. It is amazing how powerful Mother Nature can be.

Please be safe if you live in a weather zone.

Off to work.

Good morning. Hope all are safe from the storms as well.

Weekend was good. Baked cookies Friday, went to a friends for dinner on Saturday, Sunday was a movie watching day and yesterday I went to Banff and did the Johnston Canyon Ice Walk. AMAZING!! We rented ice clamps for our boots walked to the lower falls, then upper falls and continued on up to an area called the ink pots, which are pools of water in a mountain meadow in which they have different colours for each pool due to the sediment being stirred up from water flowing into them and at differents rates of speed. In all, we did 12kms (7.456 miles, although I am going to stick with kilometres cause it sounds like we hiked more, ha ha) of hiking to see the 7 waterfalls that freeze. It was a beautiful day, sunny, and temperature perfect for a winter hike. I would upload some pics but i guess the images are too large. I will try to do some later.

Hope everyone stays safe and lets get this winter over and done with.

Edited to add....I was able to change peofile pic of one of the falls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, well, we sure had a wild and wooly night, and it ain't over yet. It thundered, lightning, was 53° at 10 p.m. Pouring rain. Still raining around 11. Went to bed. Woke up at 5 a.m. pitch dark, but quiet, managed to fall back asleep around 6, woke at 7:30........hey it was light out. And it had SNOWED!! Yes, temp dropped to 28, all that water atop the ice on the lake was frozen, road, grass, roof covered with light layer of snow.........and trees, branches down all over.

And now we have this huge wind advisory, they are talking 40-50 mph winds or gusts all day, with more snow coming.

Gad, I am out of a few things, and now....Am wondering about trees down on the roads??

Muzza: your weekend sounds wonderful and love your beautiful profile avatar. I envy you such a lovely winter hike. Hope your day is a good one.

Poirot: what a stormy scenario! Sure hope you don't have to venture out where storm damages block roads. Sure hoping your day improves and you get some rest.

17155732_1008932149240250_7204095581151335745_n.jpg

Good morning. I'm not usually too picky about things like this but I feel a little sorry for that giraffe being cooped up like that all this time. I don't know if she ever gets out to exercise but that looks like a small pen for such a large animal.

I haven't yet decided whether to go to Wal-Mart today or wait until tomorrow. It will be a little warmer tomorrow so I may wait. Don't want to go at all but there are prescriptions.

What awful weather some of you are having! The wildfires are on my mind this morning. I know part of at least one town in the Texas panhandle was destroyed last evening. Then this morning I saw on Facebook that a young cowboy and his girlfriend (in Georgia, I think) lost their lives in a fire, while trying to save some cattle. The couple seemed much loved by their community. So sad.

Be safe and well, everyone, and have as good a Tuesday as you can.

OC: yes I read that online. There is also a fire on the Oklahoma-Kansas border where two people and 300 cattle perished. It makes me very sad. That poor Mama giraffe must be grumpy after all this waiting in a small pen but her demeanor is sweet. Hope your day is a good one.

Morning Everyone,

So very windy, same as Poirot. So much so that I received 2 calls on my cell phone at midnight to notify me of the warnings. Thankfully I turn my ringer off when I go to bed so I didn't see them until I woke up at 5 to get ready for work. :)

So sad about the fires and the resulting deaths. I've been to busy with cookies to see much of the news.

The 40ish cases of cookies Gena sold for Scouts got dropped off Friday, and we worked a cookie booth Saturday at a local meat market. We were there for 4 hours and sold about 70 boxes of cookies. Then we started working on sorting cookies the best we could, while my brother-in-law and husband worked on replacing the counter, sink and faucet in my kitchen.

Sunday after church I did the grocery shopping, then laundry and more cookie sorting/delivering. Just a few more cookie orders to get ready for our friends at church.

Robin & Noel - try to stay cool in that heat.

OC - I'll pray for rain for Texas and all the areas with fire, just a nice slow, steady rain to put out the fires.

Muzz - I bet those caves were lovely.

RS - safe travels

Red - hope work isn't too bad for you today, and that you get to enjoy a little bit of the nice weather.

Noel, I hadn't heard of that one but I just now read of another young cowboy who perished last night in the Texas panhandle fire. These people are out trying to help their family, friends, and communities. It is heartbreaking.

OC: oh that brings more tears to my eyes. Those fires spread lightning-fast, producing their own winds and make it easy to become trapped. A nurse said to me "it is just animals" but you and I know it is their family's life work.

Manda: you are one cookie momma and Gena is a super sales gal! Congrats on all you've accomplished. You must be so excited to have your kitchen completed. Looking forward to the photos. Hope the windy weather improves in your area soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. I took my mother to get her hearing aids this morning, but that's a long story, lol. I nearly fainted when I heard the price. Heck, I didn't pay much more for my car!

In all, we did 12kms (7.456 miles, although I am going to stick with kilometres cause it sounds like we hiked more, ha ha)

LOL! I'd rather give my weight in kilograms for the same (though opposite) reason!

Take care folks.

Ah yes, pictures, I forgot to take a before picture, but here's the old counter out on the porch after removal, and that dark spot is a burn that was in the counter when we bought the house.

upload_2017-3-7_12-41-8.png

Here are the after pictures. We haven't update the tile yet, so the old yucky peach ceramic tiles are still there.

upload_2017-3-7_12-41-47.png upload_2017-3-7_12-41-55.png

We're also planning to at some point to strip the paint off of a door, to determine if we should repaint all the cabinets or if they are nice wood to strip them all and stain.

Back