3-7-2017 - Donuts & OJ

A beautiful day after the weather last night. It's sunny and close to 60. I'm lucky no
branches fell in my yard.

Poor mama giraffe. Today they opened a door so daddy could go outside. She has
to stay inside.

Poirot, you're having very strange weather with rain than snow.

manda, the countertop looks lovely.

Noel, I hope you're having a good day.

Muzzaman, I'm glad you had a good weekend and you enjoyed the ice walk.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

Manda, your countertop is so pretty. Those are the kind of colors and patterns I like. The sink looks great with it too, and I bet that faucet is a joy to use.

Muzz, though your adventure would have unnerved me, it does sound like a breathtaking sight. That ice in your picture reminds me of some I used to see when I lived in northeastern Pennsylvania. Glad you enjoyed.

Kat, I'm glad you didn't have any fallen branches and that you are having a pretty day.

Kt, I should have warned you about the hearing aids. I've harped about the cost ever since my husband started wearing them some years ago. I can't for the life of me understand how something that small can cost more than computers and other things that aren't exactly cheap. The hearing aid guy tried to give me an explanation once but it didn't make much sense and I can't even remember it. It is highway robbery! It is rather sickening when you consider that a lot of older people can't take care of them properly, causing them to need repairs and wear out sooner than expected. They also can easily lose them. We've had both happen. Sorry, I don't mean to discourage you. I just get upset thinking about the cost.

Good afternoon everyone. Hope everyone is staying safe in bad weather-affected areas all around the nation.

It's 60F but rainy here today. Was able to sleep in this morning before going to class, which was nice. Today I got some good news---was accepted into the graduate program here at Arcadia! Have a lot of decisions to make these next few weeks about my future.

Hope y'all have a good one.

KT: it s a special kind of sticker shock reserved for the hearing impaired and elderly for certain. My Dad's last set arrived the day he passed and I thought my plastic would melt when they swiped my credit card. Plus they refused a refund, although never opened, because they are a custom fit. Ice cream is a good relaxant.

Manda: wow, what a transformation! The sink and counter are stunning and complimentary. I really like your new faucet too. Thanks for the photos. You just raised your property value too, which is a nice bonus. What is the first meal you want to prepare in your great kitchen?

Days: congrats on your acceptance at Arcadia! :clap:Nice you had some rest before class today. Hopefully you will have Spring weather soon too.

Kat: no storm damage must be a relief for you. And no major yard clean up is another nice bonus. Sure hope the storms have passed your area. Enjoy your beautiful weather today.

Last edited:
We have huge winds, and I had to go into town as was out of a few things, but they were necessities......The wind is 30 mph, gusts to 50, wild for sure. Stupid me did not wear some sort of head covering...huge mistake. Going wasn't too bad, but coming back, lots of small pieces of pine trees broken off, laying in middle of road. So I get to my driveway, and 1/4 mile in...big tree has come down, blocking the road, no way to get by. Tried to call the house, nope, no signal.

Fortunately, the road to my son's hse was clear so I went there, got him to come out and help clear part of of the big broken pieces, so I could get by,partially driving on what is normally the "woods". Parts of the tree had broken when it fell, so we picked those pieces throwing them way on the side, he moved the bigger branches. The wind is wicked, so hubby won't go to even try and chain the tree to his truck to drag it out of the way, not wanting a tree to come down on him perhaps.

Poirot what an adventure to drive up your driveway. Good thing your son is close and helpful. Hopefully you will be home until weather permits the fallen tree removal. You live in a wicked weather zone for certain! Take care.

Poirot - so sorry about your blocked driveway. Such a shame to lose trees.

DaysD - Congratulations!!!
Noel - the first meal I prepped on the counter was an English muffin with peanut butter. :rotfl: The first big meal was meatloaf. The next "big family" get-together will probably be Father's Day for a BBQ.

KT - sorry the hearing aids were so expensive. I had no idea.

And that is why a lot of those with hearing loss don't get them, or have to save up a long time, during which the price keeps going up any way.

DaysDG, Good for you. and Good luck on coming to a final decision on your future. I pray it will all work out well.

Mandy........that sink & counter is absolutely beautiful. Color me green with envy. Hey, I have a black stove that would match. LOL

So, this is interesting. Took the new kitten to her first vet checkup today. Turns out that it's about 4 months old. They found tapeworms, which is expected in a malnourished outdoor rescue kitten, but they can fix that.

On the way to the vet, with a devilishly quiet kitten in the carrier next to me, I decided something. Black cat. A Little Devil. "Lucifer" was already taken and it didn't have a good ring to it, so I had literally just called her "Lucy" not five minutes before getting to the vet. That being said, the bad news is that my naming convention for the new havoc-magnet simply won't work. The good news is that HE isn't pregnant. That's right boys and girls. My respect for kitty rights to privacy had resulted in an interesting turn of the tail wherein the gender of this cat is concerned.

Now, the front-runner in the name department is "Jack", which is short for Blackjack, or *bleep*, or... :)

That's what I get for not being more inquisitive about breaching the privates of my kitten folks. Lesson learned.

Wayne, :rotfl:. That kind of thing has happened to me before. Once, a black and white cat showed up at my house. Since my nephew had a similar one, I assumed his had made its way across the pasture to here. I knew his was named "Jack," so I naturally started calling him Jack. He hung around and one day I came home to find "Jack" laying next to the house, nursing a bunch of newborn kittens! "Jackie" remained with us for a very long time and produced several generations of offspring.

A big congratulations to you, Degrassi. I hope you will be happy with the outcome.

Poirot, EEK! So glad you were safe, and that your son was able to help.

Kat, thanks for the info on the giraffe. Maybe she just prefers staying inside and resting.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. Today has been just another day on my end. I went to work, came home and had dinner. I decided that this evening I wanted a chicken pot pie. After dinner, I did some more work around the house and right now I am kicking up my feet and watching a hockey game on television. YAY it's Wednesday tomorrow. Mid-week is here again!!

The weather was warm but wet and rainy. I wish that if we did get warm weather that it would be sunny but it seems as soon as it gets really warm it just rains. Right now it is raining and 46 F, a really warm winter evening here.

Wishing all of you a terrific Tuesday evening. Sending each one of you much happiness.

Evening all.

Manda - the kitchen looks great!!!

DaysD - congrats. Lots of things to think about what to do. So fantastic that you have options.

The other day I watched the video from the park with April. If it is too cold, they don't let her out. If it is icy out, they won't let her out. If it is a nice day, she can have the door open and it's up to her to go out. Also, for reasons no one understands, she likes to take her hay and throw it over her head and have it on the ground, which answered my questions.

Back